Round 1 Bulldogs Vs Manly

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Katoa is older, played at a higher age group and has already played international football. Karl has played with teenagers and had a short preseason.
Bennett pulled Langer from Ipswich jets to play for Qld over Laurie Spina I think in the 80s so maverick calls that were successful we’re his thing..,

judyisapunk

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Oh yeah, they all go there to play under Robbo....has nothing to do with Politis' financial clout and the abusurd rosters the NRL allows him to put together without scrutiny.

Robbo sucks as a coach. Couldn't develop a player if his life depended on it and has underachieved given the roster he has been blessed with. Classic cheque book coach. Nobody goes there for Robbo.
They say players take unders for success, yet we aren't seeing that at Penrith... Roosters are the biggest piss takers. Honestly with their sombrero they should be in the gf almost every year.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
They say players take unders for success, yet we aren't seeing that at Penrith... Roosters are the biggest piss takers. Honestly with their sombrero they should be in the gf almost every year.
I think Anasta’s and Mase’s take is spot on. People take unders because of the opportunities that present themselves and the doors that are opened when you play for the roosters.
you can play for the roosters and your missus gets a job at a mortgage brokers or you can play for the dogs and your missus can get a job at punchbowl maccas?
I’m sure it’s all above board and within the NRL’s rules, but it shouldn’t be.
a draft is the only model that makes sense.

judyisapunk

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think Anasta’s and Mase’s take is spot on. People take unders because of the opportunities that present themselves and the doors that are opened when you play for the roosters.
you can play for the roosters and your missus gets a job at a mortgage brokers or you can play for the dogs and your missus can get a job at punchbowl maccas?
I’m sure it’s all above board and within the NRL’s rules, but it shouldn’t be.
a draft is the only model that makes sense.
Yeah that's it, like I'm definitely not implying that people should not be able to look after each other, but there needs to be a system overhaul when it impacts on other clubs, and yet the NRL still try to claim that the cap works.. I mean come on, look at the Roosters squad compared to Newcastle, and Knights are now losing Dom Young to a team with one of the best backlines in the comp.

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fulton's a weird looking rooster

judyisapunk

Kennel Established
Reaction score
One thing about Penrith is that they get their juniors to play like the fg team, and Gus/Ciraldo had a bit to do with that.. these guys were grand finalists last year but it might take them a few games to adapt.