Round 1 Bulldogs Vs Manly

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
a month may as well be a year in footy

Was quietly confident we could win this a few weeks ago

I think we’ll be in the game for a while but get run over 60+ mins.

Quite concerned about our right edge in defence, can see Turbo terrorizing us there on the back of momentum.

If we get a bit lucky with Pele being on while we have lots of ball we could get out to a lead. Not hopeful.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Hopefully just hopefully having second rowers play prop give us that edge In Ruck speed and fast play the balls. Reuben cotter was a backrower wasn’t he? Now he’s killing it at front row. Have king and sutton doing the dirty work with pele used for bending the line and presto and Waddell just darting behind the ruck.
Well that’s what I hope anyway
All middles are generally the same in most sides. But to me Taumalolo is the 8 and Cotter 13.

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Depleted in the front row, a non existent H/B and a unproven F/B is enough to tip Womanly.

Can only hope Burton and Reed really step up along with Kikau but it’s too early for them to gel atm.

Manly by 8

Apex Cedar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our pack is still better than Manlys, am I missing something ? We should win this game. Dogs by 10

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Our pack is still better than Manlys, am I missing something ? We should win this game. Dogs by 10
T. Trbo, Koula, Garrick, DCE, J. Trbo (plodder but solidifies the middle), Ola, Tuilagi will be better at Manly

A lot of fire power, T. Trbo alone is a lot.

I guess we'll see how much trial form matters. Gun to head I think we lose by 10+, but anything is possible :-)

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah, looks like we may struggle on the go forward in the middle of the park.
Burton & Flanagan's kicking game will need to be on.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are such an illogical person.

The 'gun didn't "fail" under 2 premiership coaches. John Morris is not a premiership coach. More to the point, the 'gun was highly regarded at Cronulla (which is why the Roosters signed him), went to play under dud coach Robinson, who wasn't prepare to put in the development work when he had a player Fitzgibbon had already developed for him. Robbo just signed Brandon Smith to play hooker - which should tell you all you need to know about how good of a talent spotter he is. Fitzgibbon was 100 percent the brains of that operation.

You're right that Ciraldo is a very good reserve grade coach though, which is why he's so intent on picking a reserve grader to play fullback.
Already making excuses for your own short commings, live it up while you can mate because your next contract will be-----------.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You'd rather play behind our pack than Eagle?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Every day of the week bro, manlys pack is one dimensional No meter eaters, I only rate the 2nd row and ours is much better.
I just had a look at didn't realise how shit their pack was. Swear I thought they had a couple of better bench players lol.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Yeah bro lol, I don’t think anyone looked into manlys pack in detail, it’s reserve grade level bar 2 players
Have to assume Sipley comes in for someone, most likely Weeks. They have that new hooker in the reserves indicating he is top 30 and available to play, so I reckon that hooker and Sipley come in for Weeks and the 3rd Turbo.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The refs will be influenced by the sooky crowd, the Manly fans will be salty as ever with the 7 game losing streak.

My Shawarma

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Who else is going to the game?

What should I expect? This is my first time going to Brookvale Oval

Apex Cedar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have to assume Sipley comes in for someone, most likely Weeks. They have that new hooker in the reserves indicating he is top 30 and available to play, so I reckon that hooker and Sipley come in for Weeks and the 3rd Turbo.
If Sipley comes in would be like for like for Aloi, the reserve hooker isn’t top 30

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

Brooky is a great away trip. Things to expect:

- Absolutely 0 parking
- horrible traffic getting in (no PT)
- dirty muddy hill if there’s a drop of rain
- racial abuse
- huge lines for the bathroom

Apart from that it’s great…in saying that it’s probably the most satisfying place to win away at as the bogans trudge past you on their way out at full time

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

The locals are feral, they drink lots and are absolute grubs to be around some of the worst supporters so it’s a great time if we win

Reactions: jof

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Their squad isn’t that good besides dce turbo olokato Garrick koula
Our bench is better. 3/5 of our back 5 are better, our back row is better our hooker and 5/8 are better. We can get it done