News Luke Thompson injury

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
not big enough
We need size
Theres a bloke playing for Nth Qld who might be a good get, hes outside their squad. Big massve tank looking cunt Kulikefu Finefeuiaki. Either way Gus and player managers would be scouring the NRL today.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Wouldn't mind seeing if we can snare that red head from Canberra who played a couple of games for us on loan. What's his status??

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Fast track that NAS prototype we signed from titans

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope haas wants out soon

Fonau Blake back to Sydney

Maybe tapine cracks it with Ricky lol

Big nelson says union sucks and beats the shit out of Bellamy lol.

That fotunika for titans wants out from bench role maybe ffs someone quality urgently please
If Nelson beats up Bellamy it will be murder or manslaughter charges and a starting spot in the Long Bay Stealers.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Little bit concerned about the training regime conducted by Ciraldo.
He flogged the team in the heat for the second trial and they played accordingly.
He has now programmed a training session for Friday. Thats the day before the game.
Is he going to flog them again?

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get big Willie to put the jersey on. He could probably still perform. What a story it would be.p

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He flogged the team in the heat for the second trial and they played accordingly.
He has now programmed a training session for Friday. Thats the day before the game.
Ive read 'he flogged' them before the sharks trial. Was that Chinese whispers or truth? What was to be gained going into a game the following day in extreme conditions for footy? Mental fitness?
If all true why would he flog them again the day before round 1?
Preseason is over.
None of it make sense.

He came from a Club that has proven extremely fit, well drilled and won the last 2 GF's.
He must know a thing or 2 and have good reason for training the day before.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeh the guy when fit, is a real forward talent imo. He just can’t seem to take a trick. Suspensions (for barely touching anyone), homesickness/mother seriously ill, concussions/head knocks, now broken foot or something. Huge amount of misfortune I wouldn’t wish on anyone. He looked very good for England in WC. Certainly will leave a major hole in the forwards.
I’d guess after all of the previous, he would be busting to prove himself in 2023 in NRL.
Will be interesting to see how the club handles his next contract period and how he hangs in there from a mental health viewpoint.
Exactly. His average performance in some games is only a small part of the story. He must feel like he has the worst luck. From the start, with him stuck in quarantine until this season ending injury, it’s been nothing but bad luck, and all that is a much larger factor than what he actually did on the field. He simply has never gotten a long run to build any form.

I’m not saying he bares no responsibility, but you’d be ignorant to look at the list of things that have gone against him and not realise how difficult it must’ve been to perform.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Penrith do this, remind me how Penrith have gone the last few years. It works, you want to be at you physical best close to the game, there's science behind this. I follow NFL religiously too and that's what they do too.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whatever happened to Darren Schonig or whatever his name is? That former Storm player who was with a Queensland club currently? Could he be a chance at filling in I wonder.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd be looking at the top sides. Hear me out and but someone like Liam Knight from Souths may be attainable. Has size too nice offload so he'd be a nice like for like for Thompson. Souths have so many props coming through they have 5 ahead.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I feel bad for Thompson. Not just for the suspensions and injuries he's copped. But he's also been heavily targeted by fan criticism. I'd take Thompson 7 days a week over Napa or Tony Williams.

The effort has been there, but the crucial thing for him I think was always going to be the ball service. He's a rare forward with incredible pace. Since he's been here we haven't had a ball player that's been able to serve up a pass frequently that'd let him use that pace. This season with Mahoney I thought we'd finally get to see him use his athletic ability to advantage finally and he's now copped this foot injury.