News Welcome back SBW

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You peeps got no idea... Anybody who has had the pleasure of spending some time with the man knows his measure, those that dont probably dont deserve it.
Absolutely.
A little known fact is the character of Mr Miyagi in Karate Kid was based on SBW.
Who will ever forget his words of wisdom as he hopped on the plane to France? "Lesson not just rugby league only. Lesson for whole life. Whole life have a balance. Everything be better."
And his final words "Am I boarding from gate 5 or gate 6?"

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
The Bulldogs have come a long way and are a united bunch. That is evident by who spoke to the team at one of their final pre-season training sessions.

Sonny bill Williams was
Invited by coach Cameron Ciraldo and general manager of football Phil Gould to speak to the team.

It's quite the turnaround for SBW, who went from being a favourite son to despised at Belmore after walking out on the club and a lengthy contract in 2008.

Ciraldo initially wanted Williams to present the first-grade team with their jumpers before their first game of the NRL season, but Williams had prior commitments.

The Bulldogs are reconnecting with their past and have Willie
Mason working with the squad, while Mark O'Meley also has a role with the club. The inclusion of Josh Jackson on their fitness staff is also a smart play, given the lack of experience in the playing ranks.
2008 aside, as recently as 2020 he went back to the roosters. That was just over 2 years ago - that tells you where his allegiance lies. The guy always is and always will be a fuckwit. The was he dogged the club was unforgettable. He is not loyal and only follows what’s hot. He left the dogs when the going got tough and then comes back when we have a lot going on our favour

I despise him and always will.

Last edited:

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Absolutely.
A little known fact is the character of Mr Miyagi in Karate Kid was based on SBW.
Who will ever forget his words of wisdom as he hopped on the plane to France? "Lesson not just rugby league only. Lesson for whole life. Whole life have a balance. Everything be better."
And his final words "Am I boarding from gate 5 or gate 6?"
Shame it wasn't MH370 he was boarding

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People need to move on from the past. He has achieved so much in the game and his knowledge passed on will be good for some of the flakes we got in the pack! They need shifty in the coaching or kimmorley cause the last tackle options are embarrassing for a first grade nrl team. Putting up a bomb or running on the last every time is shit

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
People need to move on from the past. He has achieved so much in the game and his knowledge passed on will be good for some of the flakes we got in the pack! They need shifty in the coaching or kimmorley cause the last tackle options are embarrassing for a first grade nrl team. Putting up a bomb or running on the last every time is shit
Isn't he TPJs advisor ? A fucken lot of good that's done

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
SBW is easily one of the best players to ever wear the blue and white. His form leading up to and into the 2004 grand final was phenomenal. He played a big role during that successful period. Credit where it’s due. Over the passage of time I have forgiven him. He is a winner and could be a good mentor for a couple of players. Be interesting to see if he has any influence on TPJ as the year unfolds.

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny how all those that left for greener pastures are being welcomed back. O'Meley, Mason, SBW.

The real legends are those that stuck around like Patten, Ryan and Hazem.

Wonder if Hazem and the General are on talking terms with the Judas?
100%. The only reason Dollar Bill would poke his head up in Belmore is if there was something in it for Dollar Bill.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
The hatred for SBW is almost totally confined to The Kennel. The coaches and players look up to him.
No it's not. Saw this on FB first and easily 8 out 10 comments was negative.

For the record, the bloke had his opportunity to make amends to the fans but went to the Rorters instead. Not that I give the bloke much time except for these periodical crap articles but can't see me ever forgiving him either. Just another leech showing up now that we're on the up again, getting on the freebies and bandwagon IMO.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Leaving like a rat in the middle of the night without even telling your team mates all over money is SBW's legacy. He should never have been invited back or forgiven. The bloke does nothing without being paid and I bet the "invite" wasn't without cash changing hands. The bloke is a Roosters dog.
Exactly. It blows my mind that fellow players obviously forgave the prick after sneaking out at such a low point on them and us. Up until recent history it was the lowest point we had been in. I just wonder how many of the forgiving people were actually supporting back then and actually knew what it felt like what he did. He was our only shining light in a dark period.

stevesonthebay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The Bulldogs have come a long way and are a united bunch. That is evident by who spoke to the team at one of their final pre-season training sessions.

Sonny bill Williams was
Invited by coach Cameron Ciraldo and general manager of football Phil Gould to speak to the team.

It's quite the turnaround for SBW, who went from being a favourite son to despised at Belmore after walking out on the club and a lengthy contract in 2008.

Ciraldo initially wanted Williams to present the first-grade team with their jumpers before their first game of the NRL season, but Williams had prior commitments.

The Bulldogs are reconnecting with their past and have Willie
Mason working with the squad, while Mark O'Meley also has a role with the club. The inclusion of Josh Jackson on their fitness staff is also a smart play, given the lack of experience in the playing ranks.
Don't forget Andrew Ryan who is working with cultural development and Mick Potter who will stay on in some capacity next year. Its great that the Dogs are returning to their roots. Linking with x players who know the Bulldog culture and hopefully that will rub off on a new generation of pups to become Mighty Dogs of war.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's not just the gutless way he left.
When he tries to talk about football or his favourite topic, himself, it's obvious the 'wisdom' of SBW is a fantasy.
Under-achieved in league and union. And belonged in a circus sideshow as a 'boxer'.
The Legend of SBW is a myth.
The club can do better than enabling the SBW self-promotion media hustle.
And young players will be better off with different 'role models'.
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA BAHAHAHAHAHAH

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Welcome back SBW. It literally is only the kennel forum who still have hemorrhoids over his departure and it's quite humorous :tearsofjoy: .
Everyone else has not only forgiven him but welcomed him back. Including the past players and management, considering he has apologised umpteen times on tv, radio and his own social media.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone asked him if he’s more a rooster than a Bulldog? To me he’s more of a rooster player than a bulldog! I’m sure he would turn his back on the doggies if uncle Nick, was to call!

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Each to their own on the bloke BUT how could you possibly say, "the bloke is a bulldog through and through"? That's just absurd lol
Why is it absurd? Guy went around the world, accomplished so much and never left the area or its community. He just so happens to be at Belmore on an occasional basis, now working there. Take it how you want but there is a spot in the guys heart for the joint and wouldn't be surprised if he is trying to work towards mending more relationships as I KNOW for a fact it does get to him.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Why is it absurd? Guy went around the world, accomplished so much and never left the area or its community. He just so happens to be at Belmore on an occasional basis, now working there. Take it how you want but there is a spot in the guys heart for the joint and wouldn't be surprised if he is trying to work towards mending more relationships as I KNOW for a fact it does get to him.
Because you don't do what he did and get the honour of being "A Bulldog through and through". Even after all he did I still had a place to forgive when he was coming back to RL. I remember rumours about he was going to come back to the dogs to repay his actions and his last horrah. Instead he had to honour a handshake at the Rorters apparently. Had there been any form of through and throughness, he would have come back. Still to this day he's apologised apparently to everyone but I'm sure I've never seen a coherent apology to the fans he crushed.
Anyways, each to their own on this and he's already got more response out of me than he deserves.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Because you don't do what he did and get the honour of being "A Bulldog through and through". Even after all he did I still had a place to forgive when he was coming back to RL. I remember rumours about he was going to come back to the dogs to repay his actions and his last horrah. Instead he had to honour a handshake at the Rorters apparently. Had there been any form of through and throughness, he would have come back. Still to this day he's apologised apparently to everyone but I'm sure I've never seen a coherent apology to the fans he crushed.
Anyways, each to their own on this and he's already got more response out of me than he deserves.
He owed the club 750k after he broke the contract... Politis helped him come back to Australia by paying the club off and in return he had to play for the Roosters. Other players have left the club for Bondi in just as bad circumstances and are welcomed at the club no issue, this guy joined them because he had no other choice other than fit the bill himself.

Each to their own but most people dont know half the story yet they jump on the bandwagon because it suits them regardless of context.