Religious Discussion Thread

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
just show me evidence of this apparent "common ancestor", show me evidence of this "common ancestor" spawning fish, birds, snakes, wolves, elephants, etc..
Either you're not looking for evidence or you don't understand it. I'm guessing it's the former.

But I can take the discussion to your level. Prove to me that the apostles wrote the books of the new testament.

judyisapunk

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Again. It's not palming off. I'm not sure you understand what you're arguing or if you're just copy and pasting it from elsewhere. As I said, you're removing the vodka from a vodka and orange and saying that vodka can't exist because it's not there.

It's not a palm off, it's a vital part of it.
I'm just saying that if guys want to use the "God exists" argument, then you're gonna have to produce genuine theory based evidence of your own.

judyisapunk

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Either you're not looking for evidence or you don't understand it. I'm guessing it's the former.

But I can take the discussion to your level. Prove to me that the apostles wrote the books of the new testament.
Lol. That's the whole point of this discussion.. You lot complain about the "God" argument, and then produce no genuine theory based evidence of your own. I don't want words, I can come up with a theory myself in words, I want to see something that backs those words up.

And by theory based, I mean based on the theory.... let's see this common ancestor :laughing:

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just curious to know if God created man, what year was that?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
You know me. I have no issue with people believing in God or any other deity, or no deity. I just like to provide some education when I can, because understanding things like evolution are beneficial to humanity. Our understanding of evolution is the reason we have many medicines and vaccines, organ transplants, and many other medical advancements. It's not the most vital science though, but it is beneficial.

Physics is also great. Our understanding of the Big Bang, Universal expansion, and Relativity is why we can use GPS to navigate. It's also why we will one day survive an earth destroying asteroid. Because we have developed enough knowledge of the physics of the Universe and Big Bang to understand when an earth killer will hit us well before it hits us. And one day it will help us expand out into the solar system and hopefully the rest of the Galaxy. If we don't kill ourselves first.
I do know you bro, you have been nothing but respectful to me when we discuss issues from different points of view.

I'm just upset at you that you didn't tip Mercedes and Crystal on your last limo trip.

@Tassie Devil wanted to ban you but I got your back :p

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm just saying that if guys want to use the "God exists" argument, then you're gonna have to produce genuine theory based evidence of your own.
I'm not using the "God exists" argument except to say, whether you believe it or not, there is vastly more evidence for the evolution and the Big Bang than there is for God. Keep in mind that the Big Bang may not have happened as there's evidence for it but not enough evidence to say that it actually happened.

But lack of evidence is not evidence in itself that God does not exist. He could exist, there just isn't the evidence to say that he certainly does exist. At least, not scientific evidence.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
PS if anyone wants to discuss or ask questions regarding The Bible pm me, I have a feeling there is a few people on here that are borderline "believers".

Even though I may look like an Orthodox bishop (lol) But am clearly not, I'll try to answer the best as I can as just a filthy sinner with my mere mortal mind. I just won't buy into the church/sect part of it as "Church" in the Bible describes us Christians as a whole, and not just a certain sect.

Last edited:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I'm not using the "God exists" argument except to say, whether you believe it or not, there is vastly more evidence for the evolution and the Big Bang than there is for God. Keep in mind that the Big Bang may not have happened as there's evidence for it but not enough evidence to say that it actually happened.

But lack of evidence is not evidence in itself that God does not exist. He could exist, there just isn't the evidence to say that he certainly does exist. At least, not scientific evidence.
But science could be explaining the Bible and vice versa, that's how I see it.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol. That's the whole point of this discussion.. You lot complain about the "God" argument, and then produce no genuine theory based evidence of your own. I don't want words, I can come up with a theory myself in words, I want to see something that backs those words up.

And by theory based, I mean based on the theory.... let's see this common ancestor :laughing:
And as we said. The evidence and explanations are there and they are complex. You are using strawman fallacy to try to win an argument.

The common ancestor is a lot more complex and would have been several common ancestors. The human tree line and chimpanzee treeline for example split around 13 million years ago but there was still interbreeding going on until around 4 million years ago. So it's not a single common ancestor. It's many.

It's like how a large percentage of the human population has Neanderthal DNA. Even though they were a different species, they bred with early homo sapiens and had offspring. And that DNA is still in many humans today.

There's many different species though. Before we split from chimps, we were all part of the great ape species. But we evolved and changed and over time more primates split off from our family tree.

If you want more information, there's so ma y evolutionary biologists around that could explain it to you. Maybe then you can tell them that there's no evidence and I'm sure they will laugh.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
But science could be explaining the Bible and vice versa, that's how I see it.
Yeah, it's very possible. Most Christians now days can see the stories of the Bible as not necessarily completely accurate, but instead good stories to give you an understanding of God and faith. Like the story of Adam and Eve. I know many Christians, including Catholics, who believe that there wasn't really an Adam and Eve, but it's a story about how man betrayed God. Or the flood idea. The story was around long before the Bible in many other ancient stories including your Sumerian ancestors and their tales of the great Flood. So it was probably adopted by Abrahamic religion, but adopted as a tale of how God can get really pissed off and just want to reset everything.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was asking you....
Why though? You wouldn't want to seek information from those that have studied and researched this?

You make a claim. "There is no evidence". I point you to those who have the knowledge, research and qualifications that disagree with you. Those who can properly articulate the evidence. And your response "i wanna hear it from you"

You say you have not seen the evidence. What have you actually done to try find the evidence. Have you read or researched those who claim to have the evidence? Or is willful blindness a virtue?
I'm afraid I can't help you, Dave.
With all this talk about evolution, I hope we don't forget that everthing on our earth and in the entire universe is continually moving.
My limited knowledge of science (you're not taught much science during engineering lessons), tells me that if the matter on earth or in the universe stopped moving everything would colapse to nothing.
I would ask all my friends on TK, to try and imagine what might happen if everything stopped moving.
This movement which leeds to the continuing evolution might not prove God. but IMHO it certainly strengthens the possibility of some SUPER ENTITY pulling the strings.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
With all this talk about evolution, I hope we don't forget that everthing on our earth and in the entire universe is continually moving.
My limited knowledge of science (you're not taught much science during engineering lessons), tells me that if the matter on earth or in the universe stopped moving everything would colapse to nothing.
I would ask all my friends on TK, to try and imagine what might happen if everything stopped moving.
This movement which leeds to the continuing evolution might not prove God. but IMHO it certainly strengthens the possibility of some SUPER ENTITY pulling the strings.
There's definitely some ubseeable force driving the Universe, and we have no idea what it is. The movement part is easy. We know what caused that and we know why it continues to happen. But we don't know what is causing the Universe to expand at an accelerated rate.

I wouldn't jump to calling it "God", but I can say for certain that no one really knows what it is.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Technically wasn’t year zero relative to the birth and death of Christ? If you are Christian that is..
It's hard to put into words, technically time is measured before and after Christ. Christ taking human form is important but to us, His resurrection is a more important event.

IE us Assyrians call Resurection Sunday (AKA Easter) as the great celebration (Eida Goorah) and Jesus' birth (AKA Christmas) as the small celebration (Eida Soorah).

So If I ran things I'd make the Resurrection as year zero.

But Jesus has always been there on the right hand of the Father, since Genesis 1:1. Now before becoming Man, Jesus was referred to as the "Word".

John 1:1 (KJV) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Jesus became Christ when He was born Man.

Sorry if I waffled on, it's difficult to put into human words to be understood by human minds.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
@Realist90

Look at this evil apostasy from this demonic cult....

Lost *****.... They want to get rid of Our Father. That will end up well for them.

"Christians have recognised since ancient times that God is neither male nor female," a spokesperson for the church said.
They resort to full lies lol I'm sure there will be some dumb fucks that would believe that.

I can show you 1000 verses when even Lord Jesus calls God our FATHER.

Last edited:

judyisapunk

Kennel Established
Reaction score
And as we said. The evidence and explanations are there and they are complex. You are using strawman fallacy to try to win an argument.

The common ancestor is a lot more complex and would have been several common ancestors. The human tree line and chimpanzee treeline for example split around 13 million years ago but there was still interbreeding going on until around 4 million years ago. So it's not a single common ancestor. It's many.

It's like how a large percentage of the human population has Neanderthal DNA. Even though they were a different species, they bred with early homo sapiens and had offspring. And that DNA is still in many humans today.

There's many different species though. Before we split from chimps, we were all part of the great ape species. But we evolved and changed and over time more primates split off from our family tree.

If you want more information, there's so ma y evolutionary biologists around that could explain it to you. Maybe then you can tell them that there's no evidence and I'm sure they will laugh.
Not really, I'm using the typical atheist argument.. You want evidence of our God, we want evidence of yours.. I mean what is it? bacteria? and also, how did the Earth form for life to even exist in the first place? see it's easy for you guys to say oh you can't just use God as a reason, and yet you don't even have legitimate answers for existence in its entirety, it's all speculation and theories...

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Not really, I'm using the typical atheist argument.. You want evidence of our God, we want evidence of yours.. I mean what is it? bacteria? and also, where did Earth even come from for life to even exist in the first place? see it's easy for you guys to say oh you can't just use God as a reason, and yet you don't even have legitimate answers for existence in its entirety, it's all speculation and theories...
It's a never ending circle that will continue until Christs return.

Until then, we say "God" and they will say "science".

Science is just another religion these days to some people.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
if you're too lazy to provide any information you should not get involved
Some of our athiests friends are very good at making quick assurtions, but never provide any worthwile details of the sourse.
I've noticed that when they want to attack my Church they just quote an embittered person who broke away from the Church. BTW their are plenty who have only because they like many protestants have found Catholic teachings to hard to live by and want to find their convienent God.
Our friends never say anything about the charater of that person who broke away and made the anti Catholic comments..