Josh Reynolds contract?

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
TK, is full of experts
Gus and Ciraldo are the experts on the big decisions and this is a big decision.
Hope they got it right, sounds ok, for all the youth in the team and with Jackson retiring we need a wise head on the field to compose the squad under pressure, even when losing 18-0 you gotta believe you can hit back

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it’s a good move. Will likely push for the 14 jersey along with Brown. Would only be 1 year minimum wage. People have mentioned on social media Flanagan and Thompson missing from the team photo? Should we read into that?
oooofff didn’t notice til you said it

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I wonder what the halves pecking order is after Burton & Flanagan out of Reynolds, Rajab & Oloapu?

Burton
Flannagan
Reynolds ( pending fitness )
Hayward
Oloapu
Rajab
BBO

Hayward getting most time in the halves and is on top of game plan.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I wonder what the halves pecking order is after Burton & Flanagan out of Reynolds, Rajab & Oloapu?
Oloapu is 24+ unless something unbelievable happens, Flange will get a shot and will plateau very quickly and get shuffled. JR is really only a 14 option in the NRL now but might be used by CC to replace Flange during 23. Maybe Rajab can stake a claim but he gives me Wakeham vibes, but I hope I am wrong.

Why is Josh always next to Jake :rage:
You KNOW why… Jakey loves the Joshster… :tearsofjoy:

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burton
Flannagan
Reynolds ( pending fitness )
Hayward
Oloapu
Rajab
BBO

Hayward getting most time in the halves and is on top of game plan.
Unfortunately I agree Reynolds is probably next after Flanno. Also unfortunately, I think Brown or even Avo are probably after Reynolds if injuries hit right now. Perham is a rough option for 5/8. There's enough players there but we're very thin on talent after Burton. Hopefully someone steps up! Can't comment on Hayward but hopefully he's as promising as your saying.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Unfortunately I agree Reynolds is probably next after Flanno. Also unfortunately, I think Brown or even Avo are probably after Reynolds if injuries hit right now. Perham is a rough option for 5/8. There's enough players there but we're very thin on talent after Burton. Hopefully someone steps up! Can't comment on Hayward but hopefully he's as promising as your saying.
Im going off what is happening at training so its a pretty solid list... Joash also played in the halves the other day, absolute freak but yeah wouldnt think to much about that.

Hayward is solid, young general, gets the basics right, not X factor type player. Very mature for his age which is why he is favored.

In saying that if JR is fit and firing he'll probably get a call up because of experience.

Young Karl should get a run tomorrow in the teams run, first chance to see how he goes and might be a smokey.

Perham is our FB, only other blokes training at FB are Joash and Burns.

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I have... I did Congradulate him. But what's it say about Flanoflop when they had to bring an old dog back that's in the twilight of his career.
One can express whatever opinion they wish on platform like this.
I disagree with you entirely about him “leading” at any stage of his tenure here. The way I remember that era Barber, Hodkinson, Ennis, Jimmy Graham were way more influential on the good results at the time.
How did he never get selected to play rep footy after being in the team that broke the QLD winning streak?

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
JR has never been a structured player, though. He's a rover... a pick your place and striker, not an organiser.
Please note that he hasn’t struck anything remotely worthy of note in professional football for many years back to back. He has absolutely no hope of keeping up with the game if he gets a start at some point.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Please note that he hasn’t struck anything remotely worthy of note in professional football for many years back to back. He has absolutely no hope of keeping up with the game if he gets a start at some point.
Perhaps you should hit Gussy up on Twitterface and let him know that both he and CC are fucked in the head for ever giving that flog Reynolds a contract…

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
One can express whatever opinion they wish on platform like this.
I disagree with you entirely about him “leading” at any stage of his tenure here. The way I remember that era Barber, Hodkinson, Ennis, Jimmy Graham were way more influential on the good results at the time.
How did he never get selected to play rep footy after being in the team that broke the QLD winning streak?
Hodkinson more influential than Reynolds? That's hilarious. Hodkinson wasn't even playing for us in firsts in 2012....a year when Reynolds finished near the top of the dally M leaderboard. Hodkinson tried hard but his knees were shot, he went many games hardly touching the ball and he didn't create as much in his entire career as Josh did in some of his better seasons. You JR haters are something else.

You ask Ennis or Graham what they thought of playing with Grub. That should tell you all you need to know.

Last edited:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Then why is he in the top 30? You honestly think Gus and Ciraldo would waste a spot on him if they didn't think he had something to add?

I'm not talking about starting him. He'd make a perfect bench utility.