News The Mole: How a $3 ice cream sealed $1.5 million mega deal for Australian Schoolboys star

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Mole: How a $3 ice cream sealed $1.5 million mega deal for Australian Schoolboys star
By The Mole

A $3 ice cream was the clincher for the richest deal ever signed by a schoolboy rugby league player last week.

The Bulldogs secured a coup by snaring Australian Schoolboys captain Karl Oloapu on a four-year deal, despite having to pay a $500,000 transfer fee on top of his estimated $250,000 salary.

It's a staggering amount for a youngster who has yet to play against men - and it was all sealed by a Drumstick.

"The Bulldogs took Karl to dinner and we were all sitting around afterwards and the kid, being an 18-year-old, started to get restless," Oloapu's manager Matt Adamson told Wide World of Sports.

"I think (Bulldogs coach) Cameron Ciraldo sensed this and he said to me, 'Do you mind if I take Karl for a walk and an ice cream'.

"I said 'Go for it' and 15 minutes later they came back and a smiling Karl had made up his mind to join the Bulldogs.

"He had other options but just the fact that Cameron wanted to get to know him one-on-one over an ice cream and outline his vision for the kid proved the difference.

"It's a great opportunity for Karl - he's had a rough 12 months with what happened at the Broncos but in the end the club did the right thing by him by letting him go."

Imagine who we could've signed with a bucket of Pure Gelato from Croydon Park :tearsofjoy:

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We now have KO, BBO, Rajab and Hayward as back up halves. Most can still play flegg and we can give Mounties up to 7 players so all should get a good crack this year. Will be interesting to see who steps up.
I don't think we have anything to do with Mounties this year, do we?

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
C'mon Khoury and Warburton, this is a perfect opportunity to get an ice cream sponsor on board !

I can see Rothfields next article writing itself "Ciraldo woos teen sensation with a cone".
I nominate the awards winners Pure Gelato from Croydon Park :tonguewink:
I can hear Drunkenfield asking was that cone included in the salary cap ?:confused:

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I nominate the awards winners Pure Gelato from Croydon Park :tonguewink:
I can hear Drunkenfield asking was that cone included in the salary cap ?:confused:
Or Gelato Messina :D

Just lucky Cam didn't buy those Mini Drumsticks from Woolies/Coles, as you need to eat half a packet to feel satisfied!

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Or Gelato Messina :D

Just lucky Cam didn't buy those Mini Drumsticks from Woolies/Coles, as you need to eat half a packet to feel satisfied!
If triple treat is still available we would have signed Haas too :tearsofjoy:

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ofcourse! One cannot explain well enough how good the team atmosphere and bondage is atm unless they see it for themselves.

They're all mates, helping eachother, cheering together, pushing eachother and completing one another whilst having a massive laugh. Its unlike anything i have ever seen tbh... You could just see how happy KO was to be at Belmore. You can also see he can wait to slip into gear.
How big is KO ?

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Story coming out now is that CC took him to the corner and enlisted the help of this guy...

b21dbe1bbdad3a62fe1f520841759db55a2cd29d~2.jpeg