Official Stephen Crichton signs with the Bulldogs 2024

Do you think Crighton will make a good fullback?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Reecek89

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Come on, bro....you're not a little concerned by how blatantly we are trying to rip the Panthers off? We are trying to be something we will never be. We will never win a comp with this strategy.
We are rebuilding a competitive team. If I told a dogs fan two years ago we’d sign Critta, Mahoney, Kikau, Ado-Carr, TPJ as well as keep Burton long term after his 2021 season I would of been told I’m full of it.
Remember the days players like Napa and Woods were considered big name signings lol

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Quality young player and quality human from a nice family. Time to back him in now. It’s awesome that these young kids we have in the lower grades will have winners and high standards around them now.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Pretty handy rebuild so far, we are 3/4 of the way there.

Round 1 2021 SpineLikely Round 1 2024 Spine
Corey AllanStephen Crichton
Jake AverilloMatt Burton
Kyle Flanagan??
Sione KatoaReed Mahoney
Wow, that is just... wow!

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
We are rebuilding a competitive team. If I told a dogs fan two years ago we’d sign Critta, Mahoney, Kikau, Ado-Carr, TPJ as well as keep Burton long term after his 2021 season I would of been told I’m full of it.
Remember the days players like Napa and Woods were considered big name signings lol
Woods looks like a value buy next to TPJ....Kiks and Critta are ok, but we are paying massive overs for them. Our recruitment drive is being overrated, tbh. Tigers have shopped way smarter.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Come on, bro....you're not a little concerned by how blatantly we are trying to rip the Panthers off? We are trying to be something we will never be. We will never win a comp with this strategy.
Until our development pathways start bringing in new talent we need to buy from other clubs. Gus and CC think that Critta can be a good FB and if they are right the price is good. Penrith have the best young players in the game and have won the last two comps. We are lucky we have Gus and CC who put us in a good position to bring selected players in to the squad. Players who they know what they can bring to a group. I think having some strike makes us more attractive to a player like Moses too. I just want to start winning again

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Can you for once stop posting separate threads with articles and use your eyes and post them in the right designated threads ffs. Its not that hard, all you do is post shit say nothing then wait for tomorrows article. You need a thread ban.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I still swear by this, fuck progress!

View attachment 63927
I literally have to google everything number related, I'll find the answer pretty quickly but I still don't really understand it. The only time I ever understood numbers confidently was when I was doing carpentry and that's like year 7 maths at best lol.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A shade under that, 654k is closer, but there are decimals points after that which I didn't deal with.
I think the 2024 cap is still waiting on the CBA to be finalised however I calculated based on the 18% figure listed in this article. While the cap is going up more this is the effective increase to individually contracted players and will be what is reflected in players with ratchet clauses.

NRL announces record-high salary caps for 2023 season | NRL.com

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Ah so good to see flopagun cry. Sign of his time coming to an end. One flop left in the spine. Soon to be replaced.

Welcome Crichton.

Fox reporting it at 825k a year probably means it’s more like 700k but either way with a 20% cap jump from last year (which he’s reportedly on 600k that’s 720k under 23. He’s signed for 24 no doubt once again higher cap) then throw in tpas etc. I can see this being a good addition.

Backline with Jac, Crichton have 2 backs that walk into any team.

Throw in xerri and alomiti and Kiraz and we potentially have some kids and guns if they kick on or in xerri case return to what he was…

If the young gun papali kicks on like we expect he can force Crichton into centre in a few years and he would only be 25 or 26 then!

Cya Corey. Welcome Crichton.

Hopefully Cya flopagun and welcome moses soon!

Leinu would be handy too but has to be moses or a gun 7 now!

Get that spine fixed.

1. Crichton/papali coming through
6. Burton
7. ?
9. Mahoney