Opinion Has anyone got any news on how the Bulldogs players have been going in the off season?

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I live in Perth these days so I’m not sure if the NSW papers, Radio Stations have supplied info and how the Bulldogs players are travelling? Also, how the New players are settling in? And how the New coach is working into the role. I know it’s early days, but I’m already excited, anxious thinking we may be on the improve and on the way up in 2023. I - like all Doggies supporters - are sick of losing and missing out on the Finals Series once again.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Since Gus has taken over there are no leaks and the club has been very silent except for the odd sponsor talk coming on board. Only a handfull of attention seeking kennel members have been making up rumours that have pretty much come to nothing. Sad to say it has been a very frustrating and boring off season so far. But in the same vien it has also been great to see the tabloids being staved for Bulldog stories :grinning:

Last edited:

Bulldogdoove

Waterboy
Reaction score
I live in Perth these days so I’m not sure if the NSW papers, Radio Stations have supplied info and how the Bulldogs players are travelling? Also, how the New players are settling in? And how the New coach is working into the role. I know it’s early days, but I’m already excited, anxious thinking we may be on the improve and on the way up in 2023. I - like all Doggies supporters - are sick of losing and missing out on the Finals Series once again.
Hey mate. There has been some okay interviews/ analysis with Gus and CC on SEN and Jimmy Grahams podcast the Bye Round; links below;

SEN -https://megaphone.link/NTETP8210831165 (no 28 and no 5)

Jimmy-

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
"IT'S THE HARDEST PRESEASON THEY HAVE EVER ENDURED" - Amazingly that's what the players are saying, who would of thunk it?

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
his thread seems to be the go to
And head media debt

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since Gus has taken over there are no leaks and the club has been very silent except for the odd sponsor talk coming on board. Only a handfull of attention seeking kennel members have been making up rumours that have pretty much come to nothing. Sad to say it has been a very frustrating and boring off season so far. But in the same vien it has also been great to see the tabloids being staved for Bulldog stories :grinning:
Yes the club bought in a new firewall, called Gus to stop ✋ viruses like Frothfield infecting the club.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Broncos were very un Broncos like at the back half of last season. Feel with a fresh start and a few good signings and Reynolds in his 2nd season with them they should at least make the 8 next season. Their biggest problem is their are a few players who don’t like the antics of Walters after a loss. That was the catalyst for them imploding last season when Walters lost it after a few losses.

Manly have gone someway to helping their cause by ditching what was the worst decision by any club in the history of the NRL by announcing they will not be wearing the pride jersey in the future. Talk about how to divide a club. Penn did that without even being in the country at the time. Sport and politics should never ever mix.

Biggest concern for Manly is the health an fitness of Turbo. He’s had another setback on top of many others and without him the can’t make the 8 IMO.

Bulldogs are a lock for the 8, anything below that is a failure and anything above that is a bonus. We’ve recruited well for next season but it’s all about ‘24 and or season ‘25 for us. I’m sure Gus and Cam have a few more signings in the pipeline for ‘24 cough Chrichton as we also have a LOT of players off contract at the end of ‘23.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Broncos were very un Broncos like at the back half of last season. Feel with a fresh start and a few good signings and Reynolds in his 2nd season with them they should at least make the 8 next season. Their biggest problem is their are a few players who don’t like the antics of Walters after a loss. That was the catalyst for them imploding last season when Walters lost it after a few losses.

Manly have gone someway to helping their cause by ditching what was the worst decision by any club in the history of the NRL by announcing they will not be wearing the pride jersey in the future. Talk about how to divide a club. Penn did that without even being in the country at the time. Sport and politics should never ever mix.

Biggest concern for Manly is the health an fitness of Turbo. He’s had another setback on top of many others and without him the can’t make the 8 IMO.

Bulldogs are a lock for the 8, anything below that is a failure and anything above that is a bonus. We’ve recruited well for next season but it’s all about ‘24 and or season ‘25 for us. I’m sure Gus and Cam have a few more signings in the pipel ine for ‘24 cough Chrichton as we also have a LOT of players off contract at the end of ‘23.
Yeah something like 13 players in our top 30 coming off contract at the end of 2023. Not concidering any unknown signings that we don't at the moment know about or re signing that will take place, come November 1st next year we will be heavely involved in the player market once again.

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey mate. There has been some okay interviews/ analysis with Gus and CC on SEN and Jimmy Grahams podcast the Bye Round; links below;

SEN -https://megaphone.link/NTETP8210831165 (no 28 and no 5)

Jimmy-
Thanks Bulldogdoove, I appreciate it.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You don’t need the paper you just come on here for news.
so far, so good. Still don’t have a solid 7. But a lot of rumours about Moses.
he is not coming.