The things that 'grind your gears' thread...

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wonder what the communities instructions are going to be this week?
Still a farce.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The Scrooge companies working still.
Get a life.
And everyone get off the road, go hime.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Still waiting on a blue card I applied for in March. I got flagged for something I did 18 years ago that had nothing to do with kids. I even did a fed police check in Feb before I started my coarse just in case and that came back clear.
Invested this year in studies that I cant finish just because I cant do my placement without the cards even though all my assessments and class work is complete.
Frustrated to say the least.
That sucks mate. I have one and it's always been a smooth process.

Thing is a lot of events these days ask for one when it's clearly not needed (ie: I'm not being left alone with a child). Plus so many people get exemptions (eg: priests and politicians).

Whole system seems a bit pointless really.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That sucks mate. I have one and it's always been a smooth process.

Thing is a lot of events these days ask for one when it's clearly not needed (ie: I'm not being left alone with a child). Plus so many people get exemptions (eg: priests and politicians).

Whole system seems a bit pointless really.
Yeah its a pain. I had to withdrawal from my coarse and Ill have to re-enroll next year just to do the placement. Problem is if they don't process my card in say the next 3-4 months, Ill have to withdrawal again. I was also told by Tafe that the course will be changing mid next year so if I have to do it after that I will more than likely have to do more modules but they are unclear at this stage.
I rang about the card again and simply asked on average how long it takes for processing and they said sorry we have no further information for you at this time.
I spoke with a friend the other day that said his friend got flagged and it took over 2 years for them to process her application.
I understand that checks need to be carried out and I'm all for screening people working with kids but it would be helpful if they communicated with me or gave a ballpark time of when it will be finalized.
Anyways there is nothing I can do but wait. Just need to soldier on and it will sort itself out eventually.

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah its a pain. I had to withdrawal from my coarse and Ill have to re-enroll next year just to do the placement. Problem is if they don't process my card in say the next 3-4 months, Ill have to withdrawal again. I was also told by Tafe that the course will be changing mid next year so if I have to do it after that I will more than likely have to do more modules but they are unclear at this stage.
I rang about the card again and simply asked on average how long it takes for processing and they said sorry we have no further information for you at this time.
I spoke with a friend the other day that said his friend got flagged and it took over 2 years for them to process her application.
I understand that checks need to be carried out and I'm all for screening people working with kids but it would be helpful if they communicated with me or gave a ballpark time of when it will be finalized.
Anyways there is nothing I can do but wait. Just need to soldier on and it will sort itself out eventually.
Is there an appeals or escalation process to get things with the blue card sorted?

Seems to be taking an awfully long time for something that happened 18 yeats ago.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Their technology, their responsibility, I cant carry the weight of it.
If everything is open to conjecture then they will milk it.
Access denied

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Piers Morgan and Ronaldo
I work pretty closely with a software team in Portugal, and it was fun hearing their thoughts about Ronaldo during the world cup. They did expect Portugal to get beat by France in the semi, but the Morocco loss hurt them big time.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bahahaha look at him, she is the alpha female in front leading him around.
View attachment 63025
One of my mates met him at an awards thing at parliament house years ago. They had a chat about what my mate was doing that week and Harry said he was really jealous of his freedom. He's been a puppet for the family since childhood, it's not a surprise that he'd slip into a role as a follower when he got out of the royal lifestyle.