Official Stephen Crichton signs with the Bulldogs 2024

Do you think Crighton will make a good fullback?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Big doubt, stays at Panther with that offer.

Time for Averillo to show what he can do at fullback is over, you recruit a year in advance.
Reality is Penrith are pushed for cap space , does their CEO needs to clarify it more ?
Averillo will get his final chance at fullback, remember we as a club are priding ourselves on our junior and family values !
I have mentioned this before, this is coming from a reliable source that Crichton if or will be signed as a centre, the future will determine if there are changes, only time will tell !

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Reality is Penrith are pushed for cap space , does their CEO needs to clarify it more ?
Averillo will get his final chance at fullback, remember we as a club are priding ourselves on our junior and family values !
I have mentioned this before, this is coming from a reliable source that Crichton if or will be signed as a centre, the future will determine if there are changes, only time will tell !
Panther will offer 600-700k to Crichton, he's already in that range, we won't get him for that imo. Again you recruit 1 year in advance so have to go off what Averillo's already done, which is not enough. Almost all good players will be off the market soon. No way Crichton will be signed as a centre !

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Panther will offer 600-700k to Crichton, he's already in that range, we won't get him for that imo. Again you recruit 1 year in advance so have to go off what Averillo's already done, which is not enough. Almost all good players will be off the market soon. No way Crichton will be signed as a centre !
To be honest 600-700k is all his worth at this stage, that's all I'd be offering along with the chance to play fullback and make more money down the track if he's successful. If he doesn't take it then so be it, he's really not a big loss.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
To be honest 600-700k is all his worth at this stage, that's all I'd be offering along with the chance to play fullback and make more money down the track if he's successful. If he doesn't take it then so be it, he's really not a big loss.
People forget that our desperate signings days are over !!!
Haven't we learned ?
We bought wings B. Morris and DWZ to play fullback...FAILED :frowning:

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a feeling its a given chrighton will be a success at fb i hope they are correct i dont share their confidence

Reaction score
He won't go to the Dolphins. Word out of the Riff is he wants to stay in Sydney. Dolphins are just being used by Ayoub to inflate his price.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
you wont get him for 600 -700k...i agree thats what he is worth as a centre but CC and Gould see him perhaps as our future fullback and are prepared to pay more...i still think he will stay with the panthers...they are just eaiting to see what the salary cap is before seeing if they can throw more money at him

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He has made it clear he wants to play fullback. Plus we have Alamoti and Skelton coming through, Xerri signed for 2024 and Burns and Kiraz available as centres too. I think we are stacked in that department, can’t see Chrichton being signed to play anywhere other than fullback

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think he'll kill it at FB.

It will take time but he's only young.

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
People forget that our desperate signings days are over !!!
Haven't we learned ?
We bought wings B. Morris and DWZ to play fullback...FAILED :frowning:
Exactly. And doesn't the bit about wanting to play fullback and expecting to be paid more only work if you actually are an established fullback?

Reaction score
I agree. If he really wants to play FB you match Penrith’s offer. See how keen he is to come here. I don't like paying top money for a player on potential.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Exactly. And doesn't the bit about wanting to play fullback and expecting to be paid more only work if you actually are an established fullback?
This is precisely why I believe my source,
1st He must prove himself before getting paid fullback's dollars,
2nd As talented as he is we all know there is more to playing fullback than just scoring tries.
3rd Gus and Co would have learnt from the other's mistakes,
I think all fans would be disappointed if we make the same mistake again especially if he fails, I know I would be !

Last edited: