Official Gus on Twitter

BahaMan

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Was playing for North Sydney Bears in NSW Cup this year.

Seems to have some pretty impressive stats too.

Watched a lot of bears footy this year, this kids got shit tonnes of potential and looks to have a good footy head on his shoulders. Not sure how the chooks let him slip through tbh.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Watched a lot of bears footy this year, this kids got shit tonnes of potential and looks to have a good footy head on his shoulders. Not sure how the chooks let him slip through tbh.
Nice! I must admit I haven't seen much of him in action, but I've heard him described as a potential "future Josh Jackson".

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Pretty sure he played 1/2 coming through the ranks. Then put on some muscle and was moved to second row. Definite prospect for 14 or CC and Gus might even be thinking 7!
I remember reading something similar mate, he was a 6 or 7 coming through the jnrs, then broke his leg? Or a bad injury, put some muscle on during rehab and has moved into the back row last couple of yrs.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just to be clear I or my family have never lived in the Canterbury Bankstown Area, if you knew anything about the Bulldogs you would know that the Bulldogs are one of clubs that has a large proportion of its followers outside its borders. One of the reasons why the club experimented with changing the name to the Sydney Bulldogs back in the 90's.
Same here mate. They won me over in the 80s when I was a kid, living in Blacktown. If I had of gone for my local team it would have been between Parra and Penrith. My Bulldogs support was adopted by the rest of my family when I started going to games in the early 90s, and we have all been dogs fans ever since. A family indoctrinated to the blue and white because of a chance encounter where I saw their fighting spirit.

I don’t know anyone in the CB area let alone family, but it doesn’t matter. We all love the doggies for our own reasons. Some were brought up in the area or lived there at some time, others like me saw a tenacious team, with players like Baa and Turvey busting their backsides for the jersey, others may just like the colours or mascot. It doesn’t matter. One of the strengths of the club is our history, varied backgrounds of fans and how far across the world we’re spread. 87 years of proud tradition and history, no wonder we have fans that live across the globe.

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed, also suspect that RFM's lateral movement is gone for good, most likely to transition to the middle/backrow cover off the bench
He played his best game in years on the right edge in our last game against manly.. one game doesn't make a season but I think that's his spot to lose.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So does Revesby.
So does George’s River and George’s Hall..
So does Milperra.
Slightly further out to Menai.
And even parts of Chullora..not Greenacre so much,but Chullora definitely ..
But apart from all that your original statement was that no (Aussie) kids under 16 follow the Dogs.
Where did you pull that statistic from?
Our brand is far reaching and not limited to Burwood Rd Belmore..
1 player can commit someone to a team for life,and we have had plenty.
An influx of the younger generation wanted to have the speed and evasion of Ben Barba

we are the outsiders Flame..and clearly undeserving..
It looks like the Taipans are the only team we are allowed to support..
Go Taipans!!!
What a muppet..hahahaha
Hahaha and the Pride of course!

BahaMan

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Nice! I must admit I haven't seen much of him in action, but I've heard him described as a potential "future Josh Jackson".
Bit more pace than a young JJ and not as thick at the moment but runs a ripper line.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How about cairns? Guess im no chance then!
WA me..Well that's it I'm fooked even harder
Though Natboy is onto something I'll get my doctor to fill out the application, should pass the appropriate tests.

As for Gus tipping Preston this kid might be our Max King in '23 and have a breakout year.
Interesting battle in the second row looms hope they all kill it, though the kid may take a little time it will be interesting to see who makes the 17.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
WA me..Well that's it I'm fooked even harder
Though Natboy is onto something I'll get my doctor to fill out the application, should pass the appropriate tests.

As for Gus tipping Preston this kid might be our Max King in '23 and have a breakout year.
Interesting battle in the second row looms hope they all kill it, though the kid may take a little time it will be interesting to see who makes the 17.
The bulldogs will end up with only about 1000 fans!

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
yeh agree mate, our club was the feeder club for Norths, so ive seen abit him also. Very good player and pretty quick also, must have thought he was a better chance of first grade at dogs then roosters.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Same here mate. They won me over in the 80s when I was a kid, living in Blacktown. If I had of gone for my local team it would have been between Parra and Penrith. My Bulldogs support was adopted by the rest of my family when I started going to games in the early 90s, and we have all been dogs fans ever since. A family indoctrinated to the blue and white because of a chance encounter where I saw their fighting spirit.

I don’t know anyone in the CB area let alone family, but it doesn’t matter. We all love the doggies for our own reasons. Some were brought up in the area or lived there at some time, others like me saw a tenacious team, with players like Baa and Turvey busting their backsides for the jersey, others may just like the colours or mascot. It doesn’t matter. One of the strengths of the club is our history, varied backgrounds of fans and how far across the world we’re spread. 87 years of proud tradition and history, no wonder we have fans that live across the globe.
same here as well mate, i grew up in greystanes and came through the parra rep system but always followed dogs. Father grew up in birrong and was a dogs supporter so it just filtered down. Same as my son, day he was born he had a dogs jumper on, no chance to follow anyone else.
thats how it should be, thats why the AFL supporters are so parochial, they are born with a team.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
same here as well mate, i grew up in greystanes and came through the parra rep system but always followed dogs. Father grew up in birrong and was a dogs supporter so it just filtered down. Same as my son, day he was born he had a dogs jumper on, no chance to follow anyone else.
thats how it should be, thats why the AFL supporters are so parochial, they are born with a team.
Greystanes eww

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
yeh agree mate, our club was the feeder club for Norths, so ive seen abit him also. Very good player and pretty quick also, must have thought he was a better chance of first grade at dogs then roosters.
Gus offered Preston a top 30 spot thats what got him over the line.