News NRL 2023: Speculation growing Mitch Moses could leave Parramatta, sign with Tigers or Bulldogs

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
So lets say 6th at best halfback and you are happy paying a million plus? I'm not. There's my issue, it's the price. Price is everything. Whilst it may not be needed now, clubs will come for Kiraz, etc and if we have a halfback overpaid by lets say 300k (at least) we are rubbing the risk of losing our good juniors.
It depends what we're paying for me (I wouldn't compete with Tiger and 1.4m if that's true), but I think he's worth ~850k and I understand we'll have to pay overs. I'd be okay with giving him ~1.2m (MAX, ideally less) because I know Eel will offer 1m and we need to have an incentive for him to come. When you factor in we're a fullback, halfback and prop short from having an insane team and 2 of them can be marquees with the room we have for 2024 I don't mind it and unless we get Williams who's a step down from Moses there's no one even close level wise.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That’s ridiculous.
He’s a top 5 halfback in the game and one of 2 younger than 30.
The argument that he isn’t good just because his team hasn’t won a grand final is ridiculous.
It disregards the fact that it’s a team game, that Penrith are supremely strong and the fact that he got them to the grand final
When the heat goes on he goes to water and it's over and over again. Everything is price. He is not a million dollar halfback it's pretty simple for me. He's a 600k to 700k one, ideally on the lower scale. I'm fine with giving Hughes a million, Hynes sure (on potential), obviously Cleary, DCE at his peak. There are very few million dollar halfbacks so why are we wanting to bay 7 figures for one that isn't. Put it in perspective Sam Walker isn't even on a million and he's rated through the roof.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It depends what we're paying for me (I wouldn't compete with Tiger and 1.4m if that's true), but I think he's worth ~850k and I understand we'll have to pay overs. I'd be okay with giving him ~1.2m (MAX, ideally less) because I know Eel will offer 1m and we need to have an incentive for him to come. When you factor in we're a fullback, halfback and prop short from having an insane team and 2 of them can be marquees with the room we have for 2024 I don't mind it and unless we get Williams who's a step down from Moses there's no one close level wise.
Yeah for me even at 850k that's well and truely overs. Think in 2-3 years Burton is a mainstay in the Origin side he needs 200k more, Kiraz playing rep footy, he needs more. Look at what has happened at Manly paying blokes a million plus when they aren't worth it. As it is we have Pangai on the bloated contract

underdogsontop2246

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When the heat goes on he goes to water and it's over and over again. Everything is price. He is not a million dollar halfback it's pretty simple for me. He's a 600k to 700k one, ideally on the lower scale. I'm fine with giving Hughes a million, Hynes sure (on potential), obviously Cleary, DCE at his peak. There are very few million dollar halfbacks so why are we wanting to bay 7 figures for one that isn't. Put it in perspective Sam Walker isn't even on a million and he's rated through the roof.
Ffs so we stay stuck with Flanagan?

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You really need the best of the best in the best positions to go far.

it’s alright to moneyball in some positions and when you have the premium positions locked up.
But Moses at 1.2 mil is still going to win your club more games than if we say, got Lachlan Ilias for unders at 200k.
See give me Illias every day of the week, you can quote me on this he'll end up better, he's 3-4 years away though. Much better defender than Moses already.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who exactly? They need to develop behind a superstar halfback. You can't just chuck in Rajab and expect him to play like Nathan Cleary.
Where did I expect him to be Cleary.

Illias is a great example at Souths, they gave him a chance and they were in a prelim

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
that's assuming he was able to retrieve all the watches that came off & were lodged up there!!
A veritable alladins could be in there, mostly evidence of naval activity . . . I.e. semen

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's the only halfback off-contract? Why not. So we just let the Tigers sign him? He's nearly at his prime.
At that price the Tigers can have the bloke if they recon Moses is worth that much be my guest.