What is your favourite (CURRENT) TV Show

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not sure if this guy appeals but he does or did to me.
Anthony Bourdain, has a huge amount of content on SBS i watched a few episodes between soccer games and have watched a lot of his stuff over the years.
I'm anti when it comes to yanks generally and in presenter mode but this guy always resonated with me.
Parts Unknown is the series, a foodie/travel themed show warts and all..bloody good viewing if you haven't seen it..has other shows too unsure if there on SBS as well.

RIP mate I miss ya as do many people I am sure.

Last edited:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Anthony Bourdain, has a huge amount of content on SBS i watched a few episodes between soccer games and have watched a lot of his stuff over the years.
I'm anti when it comes to yanks generally and in presenter mode but this guy always resonated with me.
Parts Unknown is the series, a foodie/travel themed show warts and all..bloody good viewing if you haven't seen it..has other shows too unsure if there on SBS as well.

Bourdain is a legend in the food world. Such a pity that he had demons he couldn't get rid of.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

Loved the bloke, watched all his series... A cooks tour, No reservations and Parts Unknown.

If you can blame someone for his death, you can blame his **** of a wife.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Loved the bloke, watched all his series... A cooks tour, No reservations and Parts Unknown.

Asia argento isn't it?

Pretty sure I read somewhere she sexually assulted a 17 old boy when she was 37

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Has anyone watched Wednesday? Is it any good or just some teenager shit?

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score

Same here, all his shows were great. I am not one for cooking/food shows but I enjoyed his stuff. Not only was it about food, but cultures, history, places and the things in between. He was also an interesting character, very real and open. He was a big loss.

Actually I've been meaning to get round to watching the documentary about him. This is the trailer.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Has anyone watched Wednesday? Is it any good or just some teenager shit?
Watched the first episode and it's alright, but not great. Really feels like teenage shit. But it's already getting pretty gory.

Much of the writing seems off as well. And other than Wednesday, the rest of the actors don't fit the roles. Even Zeta-Jones as Morticia feels like it should work, but it doesn't quite work.

I may continue watching it if I run out of other things to watch.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Finished season 1 of 1899. Really enjoyed it. The ending of the season would be a let down if it was the end of the show, but the show runners have already stated that they are working on season 2 and 3. Which makes the ending really interesting.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Bloody great to see some fellow fans he was an icon of his field imo experienced it all in life didn't sugar-coat anything unlike a lot of ppl and yanks.
Very sad he took his own life, doesn't diminish his status to me though.

Yeh that hoe Argento you mean? it's her fault he isn't here today.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Bloody great to see some fellow fans he was an icon of his field imo experienced it all in life didn't sugar-coat anything unlike a lot of ppl and yanks.
Very sad he took his own life, doesn't diminish his status to me though.

Yeh that hoe Argento you mean? it's her fault he isn't here today.
I'm A foodie but I watched his stuff for him and not the food. He was a top presenter/communicator.

Main reason why I loved him because he was genuine and took the piss out of the fake fucks on TV.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm A foodie but I watched his stuff for him and not the food. He was a top presenter/communicator.

Main reason why I loved him because he was genuine and took the piss out of the fake fucks on TV.
Same, it was very little about the food hey it was the man and the content is what made all his shows fantastic..could eat and drink up a storm to be fair too lol
One of the best things to come onto SBS was their food channel, brilliant idea.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Same, it was very little about the food hey it was the man and the content is what made all his shows fantastic..could eat and drink up a storm to be fair too lol
One of the best things to come onto SBS was their food channel, brilliant idea.
I loved the episodes with his little Russian mate Zamir, they worked well together.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The Boys is getting a new spin off series

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Current viewing is Andor - really enjoying this. Re-watching Peaky Blinders. Re-watching Reacher - so much better than the pitiful Tom Cruise movies. Also watching Dopesick, White Lotus, Formula 1, Tulsa King.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm hooked on succession, show is highly addictive and one of my new favourites

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
I’m watching Gangs of London I don’t know if it’s old or new but it’s pretty all over the shop. I still don’t know who half the characters are still and I’m like 5 episodes in and then they come with some unexpected matrix style karate shit where one bloke kills like 19 people with a dart in a pub and then they have scenes where 25 people get killed by assassins in the heart of London - Um hello CCTV. It’s total trash but enjoyable trash but also seems like it’s written by two 19 year old boys.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Rewatching Banshee again. Man this is one great show. I've never felt so many different emotions from one show.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Rewatching Banshee again. Man this is one great show. I've never felt so many different emotions from one show.
I just re-watched the whole series again about 3 weeks ago after getting the boxset on sale from JB Hi-Fi. One of my favourite shows.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Good show but only on Binge I think.

I recently watched a fact based 3 part series on SBS called Four Lives..covers the murder of 4 young men by a serial killer in the UK in 2014/15 and the police incompetence and claims of homophobia too that hampered the investigation.They had the killer in their sights after the 1st young guy was killed but fucked it up..3 more died arguably because of their poor investigative efforts/lack of care.
Sad and very moving show I found it and well acted, particularly by the woman who played the most prominent role as the mother of Anthony Walgate the first victim.
Very last scene which was actual archival footage of Anthony's mum got me...