Do you remember these companies?

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
View attachment 61669
Drummers Dream, Belmore
I remember weekends in Sydney in the 80s and 90s I'd come down to Sydney from Brisbane to go to a Dogs game, go to the Leagues club to get dogs merch, and also go to proper drum shops like this one on Canterbury Rd, and also I remember one in Surrey Hills. And of course, Utopia records. Good times. All done for about $500. That probably even wouldn't cover the airfare now.

Bulldog Wrestler

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I vaguely remember my grandfather collecting some part of the tea boxes and I got dragged into the city to a store where you could get redemption items available for the vouchers you had. I can't remember what he got though, but he had a lot of vouchers.
Now that you mention it, I remember that too, with my mum and grandmother clipping the boxes, to eventually exchange for items. There were other businesses who gave out stamps, that vaguely resembled postage stamps. You'd get a certain amount in a sheet of stamps, depending how much you'd spent. These could also be exchanged for various things. I recall going into the city with mum, to do this.

Bulldog Wrestler

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Was that near the central station end of Pitt St?. I used to love the 2nd hand record stores around there.
I believe so, to the best of my memory a bunch of second hand record stores, book exchanges around that area... a bit run down and seedy part of the city at the time. But a bit of a treasure trove, if hunting for stuff like that.