News ‘It’s a fairytale’: Reynolds ready to become Prince of Belmore again

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No way Gus will waste a top 30 spot
What if the NRL/RLPA CBA makes it a Top 40 list? Is he Top 40?
What if they keep a version of the 'Development List'? Does he get signed on an outside Top 30 deal, where he starts in reggies and becomes available as required from Round 10?
Or maybe he just puts in an epic pre-season, still falls short, and ends up running the water and messages for his new mates he's made over the pre-season.
Or maybe he he puts in an epic pre-season, and ends up deciding he tried his best and retirement is now calling.
Whatever, it cost us $12k and no cap dollars or roster spots up until this point.
If Ciraldo offers him something more, you will know he's earned it.

jamma01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Reynolds is clearly past it. However still a better option than Flopagan. Any chance of making the 8 is gone is he starts at 7.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can tell it was the biggest regret of his life leaving the Dogs for the Tigers. Even if he doesn't make the NRL team it's just good to have his positive energy around our younger players.
I don’t think he is any chance of being in our top 30. But I think his presence around the squad can only be a good thing. His enthusiasm and passion for the club. Can only help the young and old players alike.

He is way past an NRL level player now days. He will however add some depth value for a few cameo performances later in the season potentially if required.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Reynolds is clearly past it. However still a better option than Flopagan. Any chance of making the 8 is gone is he starts at 7.
No sorry that will offend the biggest troll on this forum. Watch out he will make another 10 threads defending the indefensible

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The crazy thing is how quick time goes, he has come back to a completely new era for the Bulldogs. I hope we get to here from him about what the key differences are between the two.

I remember Reni Matua speaking about this and how a lot had changed when he returned.
Nothing and no one stays the same...
Go away for a year or two when you come back your own family would look and be different.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If this flogs gets a game
We are in real trouble
We aren't in trouble, trust the process.

We can't go from battling the wooden spoon for 3 seasons straight to instant contenders. We need the right mix of experience and youth, we can get value out of Reynolds to help the younger guys. He is another Davey type signing, an experienced player who will lead by example at training.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If it comes down to how he trained then he will get a top 30 cos he’s probably the best trainer at the club

A mate of mine played with him at the Tigers and said he was the best trainer and lifted morale every day and if mod games were a criteria for greatness then he would be hall of fame

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Btw if you think he's going to play a single game of first grade for us this season please reply to this comment so I know who to block.
OMG…just the thought of how volcanic your game day meltdown will be “if” Jakeys new bestest mate flukes it into the 17…… :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Please footy Gods, make this happen.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You can tell it was the biggest regret of his life leaving the Dogs for the Tigers. Even if he doesn't make the NRL team it's just good to have his positive energy around our younger players.
He might be a timely reminder to some of the other players that maximising your pay packet does not necessarily equate to maximising your career and enjoyment of the sport.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
OMG…just the thought of how volcanic your game day meltdown will be “if” Jakeys new bestest mate flukes it into the 17…… :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Please footy Gods, make this happen.
They're not mates :rage:

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
only way he'll even play is if we have an injury crisis in the halves during the season

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
He looks fit and his attitude has always been infectious but it’s the same old tune he’s singing.

I just don’t see this happening. He had chalk bones on the Tigtanic and in Hull, how would his body hold up to what is an increasingly faster game for young men?

The thought of Brown or Grub getting the final spot in the 30 shows how slim pickings must be.

Thanks for your efforts over the years Josh but it’s time to assist the club in an ambassadorial role.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ya know what? I wasn’t sad to see him leave before based on his playing ability, but I must say, god I admire his commitment. It’s what I’ve always admired about him actually. Watched him from NYC right through to representing NSW. That was all achieved because of his determination tbh. He has never had natural talent, but he has had a great career, purely because he gives it his best. Well perhaps not at Hull and I think injury spoiled whatever he did as a Tiger.

I don’t think he’ll make it but wouldn’t put it past him. If he does, it could make for a fairy tale sort of season overall.