Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

chemdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Barely. And not enough to keep up with city, United, Chelsea and now Newcastle.

We need to be spending more. Simple. And not rely on sales to be able to spend more
didn't we outspend you this season so far ?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
didn't we outspend you this season so far ?
Yep. Like most clubs.

I don't mind being outspent as long as we're smart. Currently we're not getting money in on transfers so ... the model is broken.

chemdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yep. Like most clubs.

I don't mind being outspent as long as we're smart. Currently we're not getting money in on transfers so ... the model is broken.
half the problem is no one wants to sign your players though unless they become super cheap or a free agent

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
half the problem is no one wants to sign your players though unless they become super cheap or a free agent
I'd say it's us being to loyal to certain players and not selling them at the right time.

Ox. Keita. Phillips. Bobby. Cujo. Matip. Mane.

All we wait too long to sell and don't move them on when we're at our peak and can get money for them.

chemdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'd say it's us being to loyal to certain players and not selling them at the right time.

Ox. Keita. Phillips. Bobby. Cujo. Matip. Mane.

All we wait too long to sell and don't move them on when we're at our peak and can get money for them.
well yeah there's that but I don't think anyone was genuinely interested in signing those players apart from firmino and mane

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
well yeah there's that but I don't think anyone was genuinely interested in signing those players apart from firmino and mane
Nah. Each of those players could've and should've been sold at their height.