News NANAI REPORTEDLY OFFERED $4.2 MILLION 5-YEAR-DEAL

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The fuck is the point of even making an article if no one knows the team. Could be anyone so it leads us to nothing in who actually has done the deal.
Or if anyone even made the offer at all. Sounds like the manager trying to drive up the price for his client with leaks about fake offers. There's way too much of this in the media these days.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Thompson is not on 800k and even if he was he's a middle. We're not going to drop 1.6m+ on two edge forwards.
You are right, Thompson is on $850k :laughing:
Don't forget we were after Nanai before he extended for 1 year plus there is a salary cap increase on the way and the fact we will have so much space in the cap in 2024 anyway, the possibilities are huge !

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Awesome. Peter Badel has reported this supposed offer by an anonymous Sydney club. First thing you need to acknowledge is that this guy makes his living by creating content for a paper that doesn't give a shit if the content they print is based on fact. As long as there'sa story this week they're happy. And with contract offers being for 2024, nobody is going to bat an eyelid if this proves to be plucked out of someone's imagination.

In other equally believable news I'll be seeing several dozen models and prominent actresses competing for my affection with a combination of sexual favour and offers of easy riches by the time the above story has the chance to come to fruition.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a manager leak ,i heard it was eels

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would be really worried about our long term plan if we're spending 1.6M on our second rowers and did nothing about our halfback issue.

It's not us. Can't be. Otherwise Gus would put himself in the firing line. He can't be that stupid.

It makes more sense for it to be Eels given they lost Papalii, and they play a brand of footy similar to Cows. Although they too have an attacking second rower in Shaun Lane who was arguably one of their best last season and got then to the GF.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Awesome. Peter Badel has reported this supposed offer by an anonymous Sydney club. First thing you need to acknowledge is that this guy makes his living by creating content for a paper that doesn't give a shit if the content they print is based on fact. As long as there'sa story this week they're happy. And with contract offers being for 2024, nobody is going to bat an eyelid if this proves to be plucked out of someone's imagination.

In other equally believable news I'll be seeing several dozen models and prominent actresses competing for my affection with a combination of sexual favour and offers of easy riches by the time the above story has the chance to come to fruition.
I am sure most of us are aware of the lack of credibility of most journalists, that doesn't alter the fact that our club not only attempted to sign Nanai but also his young NQ team mate halfback,
Nanai and his manager played their cards right by extending for one year only but the asking price reported could be well above the true figure.
The fact that the salary cap is rising and our roster is finally under full control for 2024,
The possibilities are AWESOME Alan :-)

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I am sure most of us are aware of the lack of credibility of most journalists, that doesn't alter the fact that our club not only attempted to sign Nanai but also his young NQ team mate halfback,
Nanai and his manager played their cards right by extending for one year only but the asking price reported could be well above the true figure.
The fact that the salary cap is rising and our roster is finally under full control for 2024,
The possibilities are AWESOME Alan :-)
We're looking like being in a good position, but I still see far too many of these articles to think it's anything more than salary inflation attempts or space fillers for the "journalists"

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Who is offering that much for Nanai? I bet it's us. Gus seems to be developing a strategy of spending all our cap money on overpaid back rowers lol

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We're looking like being in a good position, but I still see far too many of these articles to think it's anything more than salary inflation attempts or space fillers for the "journalists"
Please let me be clear, I am not saying we are getting Nanai but simply stating we are in a strong position, as for the journalists we all know they make up trash to fill up their pages.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I would be really worried about our long term plan if we're spending 1.6M on our second rowers and did nothing about our halfback issue.

It's not us. Can't be. Otherwise Gus would put himself in the firing line. He can't be that stupid.

It makes more sense for it to be Eels given they lost Papalii, and they play a brand of footy similar to Cows. Although they too have an attacking second rower in Shaun Lane who was arguably one of their best last season and got then to the GF.
Gus is buying strike players in key positions and then adding juniors on lower incomes around them.
we can afford Nanai and a strike halfback. Thommo would need to take a haircut for 24 and onwards

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Gus is buying strike players in key positions and then adding juniors on lower incomes around them.
we can afford Nanai and a strike halfback. Thommo would need to take a haircut for 24 and onwards
Just because we can afford to doesn't mean we should.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Exactly. Kikau is the best backrower in the game & the Panthers didn't think he's worth 800k a season. You don't pay a forward that amount of money unless they're a SBW type player.
Depends where the finances are at. I don't really like our cap tied up in forwards too heavily. But if we're not going to have the option to throw it at quality spine players, it has to be spent.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Exactly. Kikau is the best backrower in the game & the Panthers didn't think he's worth 800k a season. You don't pay a forward that amount of money unless they're a SBW type player.
We've also got numerous other holes in the roster that need to be addressed. We've got one prop i'm genuinely happy with, we don't have a lock, halfback is a disaster while fullback is a flip of the coin with one side being fucked and the other not fucked.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Depends where the finances are at. I don't really like our cap tied up in forwards too heavily. But if we're not going to have the option to throw it at quality spine players, it has to be spent.
Nah, that's how you stay a shit team.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We've also got numerous other holes in the roster that need to be addressed. We've got one prop i'm genuinely happy with, we don't have a lock, halfback is a disaster while fullback is a flip of the coin with one side being fucked and the other not fucked.
We also need to get rid of our dead wood. Burns, Allan & Flanagan etc.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We also need to get rid of our dead wood. Burns, Allan & Flanagan etc.
I'm not too worried about that, most of them are gone by 2024 and realistically we aren't going to be finals relevant until then unless a couple of guys have career best or break out seasons this year.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I'm not too worried about that, most of them are gone by 2024 and realistically we aren't going to be finals relevant until then unless a couple of guys have career best or break out seasons this year.
We will finish between 7th-12th.