News Former NRL star Brett Finch reveals rock bottom

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The **** should either be given death penalty or eating from a straw for the rest of his days. Any **** who touches any kids deserve nothing but the most evil shit done to them. Bloody scum of the earth and I hope he gets everything he deserves and more. Makes me sick

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Former NRL star Brett Finch has been sentenced to two years’ imprisonment, which will be served in the community, for having “depraved” online conversations in which he expressed child abuse fantasies involving teenage boys.

Finch, 41, was arrested last year after police began investigating the activities of a convicted child sex offender and examined a series of chats the offender had with Finch and others on an online messaging platform.

Finch engaged in seven chats on the platform between November 2020 and January 2021, in which he repeatedly expressed fantasies of wanting to have sexual experiences with boys aged between 12 and 17.

He told the NSW District Court he does not have a sexual interest in children and only began using the platform to seek out drugs after his dealer was arrested. At the time, he said, he was addicted to cocaine and was using between 12 and 25 grams per week.

“I would’ve been on a drug-fuelled bender,” Finch said.

He said he believed sending “twisted” messages on the platform would put him in contact with recipients who were on drugs, meaning he would be more likely to receive drugs. He acknowledged that he did not actually ask for drugs in any of the messages.
On Wednesday, Judge Phillip Mahony said Finch’s plan was “plainly absurd” and had no hope of success, but accepted that Finch’s motivation was a desire for drugs.

Mahony sentenced Finch to two years in jail, imposing a recognisance release order which means Finch will be immediately released and serve his sentence in the community. Under the terms of the order, Finch must pay $1000, be of good behaviour for two years, and continue receiving treatment including being tested for illicit drugs.

The judge said Finch’s “morally reprehensible” offending was unsophisticated and did not involve actual children, with the messages sent between midnight and 7am while the former footballer was on a “drug-fuelled binge on cocaine”.

Mahony said media reporting had disproportionately focused on Finch because of his high profile, and some articles could lead people to incorrectly conclude Finch was a paedophile, meaning he could be targeted by vigilantes in custody.
He said the messages sent by Finch were graphic, “highly depraved and sexualised” and constituted child abuse material. He said he would not disseminate the messages further by mentioning them in his sentencing remarks.
The judge said Finch now acknowledges that his words contributed to the child abuse market and may have contributed to a person offending against children.

Finch told a psychologist he had a “wake-up call” or “epiphany” to stop using the chat service when someone offered him an opportunity to abuse two young girls. Finch said he realised he was dealing with a “sick f---” and told them to “f--- off”.
In a report to the court, a psychologist said Finch’s “frankly disgusting remarks” appeared to be a “fantasy” in the context of the footballer’s post-concussive syndrome and heavy dependence on cocaine.

The psychologist said Finch appears to be genuinely remorseful for his behaviour and the likelihood of him committing further offences is remote.

When Finch was arrested at his Sydney home in December 2021, he told police he had never engaged in sexual activity with children. He said he had been on drugs at the time he was talking about “that stuff” and described his online activity as “shit talk”.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Former NRL star Brett Finch has been sentenced to two years’ imprisonment, which will be served in the community, for having “depraved” online conversations in which he expressed child abuse fantasies involving teenage boys.

Finch, 41, was arrested last year after police began investigating the activities of a convicted child sex offender and examined a series of chats the offender had with Finch and others on an online messaging platform.

Finch engaged in seven chats on the platform between November 2020 and January 2021, in which he repeatedly expressed fantasies of wanting to have sexual experiences with boys aged between 12 and 17.

He told the NSW District Court he does not have a sexual interest in children and only began using the platform to seek out drugs after his dealer was arrested. At the time, he said, he was addicted to cocaine and was using between 12 and 25 grams per week.

“I would’ve been on a drug-fuelled bender,” Finch said.

He said he believed sending “twisted” messages on the platform would put him in contact with recipients who were on drugs, meaning he would be more likely to receive drugs. He acknowledged that he did not actually ask for drugs in any of the messages.
On Wednesday, Judge Phillip Mahony said Finch’s plan was “plainly absurd” and had no hope of success, but accepted that Finch’s motivation was a desire for drugs.

Mahony sentenced Finch to two years in jail, imposing a recognisance release order which means Finch will be immediately released and serve his sentence in the community. Under the terms of the order, Finch must pay $1000, be of good behaviour for two years, and continue receiving treatment including being tested for illicit drugs.

The judge said Finch’s “morally reprehensible” offending was unsophisticated and did not involve actual children, with the messages sent between midnight and 7am while the former footballer was on a “drug-fuelled binge on cocaine”.

Mahony said media reporting had disproportionately focused on Finch because of his high profile, and some articles could lead people to incorrectly conclude Finch was a paedophile, meaning he could be targeted by vigilantes in custody.
He said the messages sent by Finch were graphic, “highly depraved and sexualised” and constituted child abuse material. He said he would not disseminate the messages further by mentioning them in his sentencing remarks.
The judge said Finch now acknowledges that his words contributed to the child abuse market and may have contributed to a person offending against children.

Finch told a psychologist he had a “wake-up call” or “epiphany” to stop using the chat service when someone offered him an opportunity to abuse two young girls. Finch said he realised he was dealing with a “sick f---” and told them to “f--- off”.
In a report to the court, a psychologist said Finch’s “frankly disgusting remarks” appeared to be a “fantasy” in the context of the footballer’s post-concussive syndrome and heavy dependence on cocaine.

The psychologist said Finch appears to be genuinely remorseful for his behaviour and the likelihood of him committing further offences is remote.

When Finch was arrested at his Sydney home in December 2021, he told police he had never engaged in sexual activity with children. He said he had been on drugs at the time he was talking about “that stuff” and described his online activity as “shit talk”.
Served in the community? So he gets to stay home and play PlayStation? :tearsofjoy:

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Maybe I'm reading it wrong but it appears to me from the Judge's summation that he went on some chat room while on a cocaine fueled bender, sprouted shit that only a real low life would think about let alone type and push enter. But he didn't actually do anything, nothing physical, no children were actually touched or even spoken to. There appears to be no evidence that he actually did anything more than visit a chat room populated by pedo's. For sure he's a scum bag for even thinking what he typed, but prison time for typing while bouncing off the ceiling high on coke?

Am I missing something here?

Always a Bulldog

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
Maybe I'm reading it wrong but it appears to me from the Judge's summation that he went on some chat room while on a cocaine fueled bender, sprouted shit that only a real low life would think about let alone type and push enter. But he didn't actually do anything, nothing physical, no children were actually touched or even spoken to. There appears to be no evidence that he actually did anything more than visit a chat room populated by pedo's. For sure he's a scum bag for even thinking what he typed, but prison time for typing while bouncing off the ceiling high on coke?

Always a Bulldog
sounds like he was desperate for some coke, was told he could get some in these circles. but yeah there was no evidence he actually did anything

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
slap on the wrist. this is bullshit , low life pedo
Slap on the wrist lol? Dude won’t be able to get a job in his life, lost his family and friends, has a monitor on his ankle and will be lucky not to off himself. Risk of reoffending is extremely low. Retribution is never the answer. All this for messages over a site (albeit the absolute lowest kind of messages). Unpopular opinion but fair call. Wouldn’t go near the guy but.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Slap on the wrist lol? Dude won’t be able to get a job in his life, lost his family and friends, has a monitor on his ankle and will be lucky not to off himself. Risk of reoffending is extremely low. Retribution is never the answer. All this for messages over a site (albeit the absolute lowest kind of messages). Unpopular opinion but fair call. Wouldn’t go near the guy but.
Hope he dies a slow and painful death. Still too good for the demon ****

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Always a Bulldog
I've refrained from commenting in this thread as emotions run high on the topic of child abuse (and understandably so - i have two small kids myself), and my opinion is an unpopular one. He's a dead set sick fuck who i wouldn't go anywhere near or allow my kids to, but I think the judge spelled it our fairly clearly regarding the level of offence and its impact. i think the sentence is probably normal for this type of offence tbh.

If he was actually in possession of photos, had groomed a child, was abetting or hiding others who were abusing etc, i'd say have at it. I've spoken to cops who work in this area and its fucking horrific on them, not to mention of course the victims.