Any More BIG NAME signings before season '23?

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think it would be unlikely we sign a top line number 7 for next year. Flanagan will start and hopefully someone younger will take his spot.
The most likely outcome. Anything other than that in '23 is based on Flanagan "exploring other opportunities". 2024 onwards is a different matter.

Mitch Moses aint coming for $950k.
The figure is speculation, hence the "?", to make the point about value. Higher than that ($1.2Mil you say) and the value gets progressively worse.
If "He is on more than that now ffs", then he should thank his agent and re-sign asap.
Personally, I would be stoked if Parramatta re-sign him for $1Mil+. I think Wayne Bennett would be too.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Moses was reported on 900k already I think. He asked eels for 1mil mid season and they wanted to see the finals. Media saying now that it will cost them $.

Either way if it came down to Moses at 1mil vs not getting Moses (provided we can’t get g Williams) I’d be getting Moses. That 100/200k we gotta overpay is the difference between an elite spine with Mahoney and burton and not.

While the eels lost this year I dare say we are happy to be in that convo than fighting the Fucking spoon with flops like “the gun” on half that price! Literally Flanagan and Allen cover it!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Moses was reported on 900k already I think. He asked eels for 1mil mid season and they wanted to see the finals. Media saying now that it will cost them $.

Either way if it came down to Moses at 1mil vs not getting Moses (provided we can’t get g Williams) I’d be getting Moses. That 100/200k we gotta overpay is the difference between an elite spine with Mahoney and burton and not.

While the eels lost this year I dare say we are happy to be in that convo than fighting the Fucking spoon with flops like “the gun” on half that price! Literally Flanagan and Allen cover it!
I don't think it's realistic to think we'll get Moses for the same price as the Eels, e.g. 1m. I think we need to be throwing a couple 100k on top (overs) and then assessing if it's worth it to us or not.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I don't think it's realistic to think we'll get Moses for the same price as the Eels, e.g. 1m. I think we need to be throwing a couple 100k on top (overs) and then assessing if it's worth it to us or not.
parra will lose one of brown or moses we can assume. the way brown is talking he is open to big offers, i think he will go and moses will stay at parra.
just my take on what we read.

underdogsontop2246

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Dylan Brown leaves Parra, why wouldn’t Moses leave? To everyone saying if “brown leaves, Moses will stay”

Why would he? Who would want to play next to Jakob Arthur and stay at their club for less money?

silverelvis69

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Mitchell Moises, chriton.

The turning point for out club was
Signing of Gould
2nd sucking Elliot

That put line in the sand
No more bullshit

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we are looking at fixing the 7 problem from 2023 onward then it will be Williams,
If we are looking at long-term then Moses it should be !
IMO Moses is a much more skilled 7.
Williams for 2023 and Moses for 2024

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Whilst Moses is the best option on the market in the foreseeable future. That doesn’t make him elite. His value is inflated massively basically because the stocks on quality 7’s are super thin. Moses isn’t anywhere near consistent enough to be considered an elite 7.

I would be going in hard for Williams. Even though from a club point of view Williams might even cost more than Moses. When you factor in a transfer fee etc. But he will be substantially less on the cap. Which is what matters.

Then get around the junior leagues and bring in the best young talent. Develop and work out who is who.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Whilst Moses is the best option on the market in the foreseeable future. That doesn’t make him elite. His value is inflated massively basically because the stocks on quality 7’s are super thin. Moses isn’t anywhere near consistent enough to be considered an elite 7.

I would be going in hard for Williams. Even though from a club point of view Williams might even cost more than Moses. When you factor in a transfer fee etc. But he will be substantially less on the cap. Which is what matters.

Then get around the junior leagues and bring in the best young talent. Develop and work out who is who.
Some seriously good rugba leeg knowledge mate.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

Agree. Having a possible right edge of Williams, Alomati, Kiraz would be great all strong runners who are hard to handle. Would be good to watch Williams take them over the advantage line.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score

Disagree. He’s elite.

That said his market price is inflated for sure. Though regardless that’s the market. Want to buy budget keep expecting trash.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Disagree. He’s elite.

That said his market price is inflated for sure. Though regardless that’s the market. Want to buy budget keep expecting trash.
He is not elite imo
He has won nothing
Failed at origin
Failed on the big stage
He goes missing, flat track bully
But thats imo