News Brisbane Broncos England International Herbie Farnsworth On Bulldogs Radar

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Sorry but how can you say that ?

Has he ever played there before ?

He is a good centre but I’ve never seen him under the high ball. I don’t remember him having much of a passing game. Would he be able to organise a defensive line ? Is he a good support player ?
Farnworth played almost all of his rugby league prior to NRL at fullback and was outstanding playing in that position.

Always a Bulldog

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We don't have to pay elite fullback money.
Top Centre money with a pathway/opportunity to own the fullback role might be enough.
If he comes and doesn't make fullback, you have a top class centre being paid accordingly.
If he owns fullback, you have a bonus and he earns the right to ask for an upgrade when his contract it up.
Key is, can we convince the Broncos of an early release for '23? (they must have some cap pressure). And do they want Corey Allan?

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Farnworth played almost all of his rugby league prior to NRL at fullback and was outstanding playing in that position.

Always a Bulldog
A lot of people have played outstanding footy prior to the NRL and it hasn’t translated.

Charlie Staines was an elite fullback prior to the NRL

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
A lot of people have played outstanding footy prior to the NRL and it hasn’t translated.
That wasn't the question I answered, my response was to "has he ever played there before".

Always a Bulldog

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
he ruptured his bicep mid season which ruled him out for the season for the broncos
Ahh bugger. Good that it wasn't something leg / knee related.

Broncos have been pretty poor during his time there. Surely you can see this had something to do with it?
True that. Plus I think Staggs was injured some of the time he was there.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Personally, I'd say no, but someone representing us working for Gould, I'd say yes.

Always a Bulldog
He did say,a week or so ago that he was on the Gold coast talking to 3 player managers. Hopefully it's more than just a coincidence

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That wasn't the question I answered, my response was to "has he ever played there before".

Always a Bulldog
Yep all good mate. My point was that it rarely turns out a good move to pay big money to a player to play in a position they haven’t proven themselves in at NRL level.

Cotric was a perfect example. He played a lot of footy below NRL at centre but that didn’t mean he was an NRL centre.

rwalker999

Kennel Established
Reaction score
At fullback. Untested, similiar to the crighton thing but is daylights better than Crighton ofc. We NEED to recruit forwards. Need to set a platform up for our spine. I would like Herbie but rather we cash in on some props first. Losing Klemmer, huge blow
I don't know the loss of Klemmer is a bad thing - in fairness, he hasn't reached the dizzy heights since he left us.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Doesn’t farnworth want like 600k

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So Luke Thomson is now in recruitment. Will he even be there beyond next season?

dawso047

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Charlie Stains, Crighton, Brooks, Campbell, Luarie, Farnworth, Moses, Sullivan, Hunt, Xerri!
Wake me up when the journalists stop speculating and confirm a contract meeting or signing. Not convinced Chrighton or Farnworth would be top shelf fullbacks. Everyone looks good outside Cleary and Luai..Farnworth???

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yep all good mate. My point was that it rarely turns out a good move to pay big money to a player to play in a position they haven’t proven themselves in at NRL level.

Cotric was a perfect example. He played a lot of footy below NRL at centre but that didn’t mean he was an NRL centre.
Cotric is a bad example because anyone with half a clue knew that him moving to centre was never going to work. People on here didn't want any of that though.

Herbie is a different matter, I would even go as far as to say I'd let Jake LEAVE if we signed Herbie....that's how much I rate Herbie. We got to manifest this signing ffs

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
does that plan involve Farnsworth or Crighton?
Let's just say we have many options, the two are in the equation, players have made their decisions unless there is a 360 degrees turnaround, others are waiting on a collective decision, the possibilities are enormous, be excited !
Once the rebuild is completed the hard work begins !!!

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
herbie passed up an offer from the dolphins and signed with the broncos on the proviso he played fullback, couple of months later the broncos signed reece walsh to play fullback, bit further on the broncos as a sweetener offered the fullback role to selwyn cobbo, herbie does have the shith with the broncos

katoni staggs is another player who has been miss lead by broncos management regarding his role next season