Opinion Our Right Edge

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don’t even think a Burton, Kikau, Schoupp, JAC side is even top 8. It’s not top 4 worthy either.
Bullshit!! JAC - best winger in the comp, Kikau - arguably best backrower in the comp, Burton - an up and coming star on the rise, and you cant see this as at least better then 8 other teams? Yeah ok.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Bullshit!! JAC - best winger in the comp, Kikau - arguably best backrower in the comp, Burton - an up and coming star on the rise, and you cant see this as at least better then 8 other teams? Yeah ok.
To’o is better than JAC, Papali’i is the best backrower in the comp. It’s probably 8th and i maybe was wrong but there is still 7 better left sides then ours.

underdogsontop2246

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To’o is better than JAC, Papali’i is the best backrower in the comp. It’s probably 8th and i maybe was wrong but there is still 7 better left sides then ours.
Disagree, To'o is not better than JAC. Penrith fans would even admit JAC is better. What has To'o done in the World Cup compared to the Fox? By the way this is To'o's first WC? :tearsofjoy: What has To'o done since 2017? Addo-Carr has been playing like machine for 5 years of his career and is getting even better.

Papalii has had 1 good season with the Eels, and will fuck up at the Tigers. He hasn't even played for them yet and is already mocking them. We have a top 4 left edge with Burton, Kikau and Addo-Carr. However, we need to find a new left centre and Bronson Xerri is the man.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Disagree, To'o is not better than JAC. Penrith fans would even admit JAC is better. What has To'o done in the World Cup compared to the Fox? By the way this is To'o's first WC? :tearsofjoy: What has To'o done since 2017? Addo-Carr has been playing like machine for 5 years of his career and is getting even better.

Papalii has had 1 good season with the Eels, and will fuck up at the Tigers. He hasn't even played for them yet and is already mocking them. We have a top 4 left edge with Burton, Kikau and Addo-Carr. However, we need to find a new left centre and Bronson Xerri is the man.
To’o probably was playing Harold Matts in 2017 :sob:

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No way on earth papali'i is better then Kikau! Kikau has it all over him. My tip is that Papali'i flops at the tigers next year.
To'o is a great winger, but id take JAC any time. So yeah, i disagree on both fronts.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
No way on earth papali'i is better then Kikau! Kikau has it all over him. My tip is that Papali'i flops at the tigers next year.
To'o is a great winger, but id take JAC any time. So yeah, i disagree on both fronts.
Ok but this isn’t true.

TheAlmightyJish

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I can cop To'o over foxx but no way us Papali'i better than Kikau. Get off that plane to bizarro world brother.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Panthers juniors who as you said "throw them in the deep end" were all dominating in the juniors and than reserve grade. They were ready both mentally and physically to play NRL.. Alomoti can't consistenly put back to back games together at a high level and fades in and out of games, especially in defence. He is a star in the making but not yet ... that's all I'm saying.
Exactly.

Through all levels of the panther system they train and practice the same structures.

Anyone stepping up to any level in their system can just step in knowing the game style and plays.

Any player getting “thrown” into first grade At Penrith, any young player introduced to first grade is also surrounded by quality.

Hopefully it’s these full team pathway structures that CC & Gus can bring to the doggies.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I can cop To'o over foxx but no way us Papali'i better than Kikau. Get off that plane to bizarro world brother.
It’s close but Papali’i is just better. Kikau second.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
It’s close but Papali’i is just better. Kikau second.
Kikau is an attacking weapon who is also one of the best defensive edge back rowers.
Papalii is a strong workhorse.
Kikau is the better player hands down.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Kikau is an attacking weapon who is also one of the best defensive edge back rowers.
Papali’i is also an attacking weapon. if Kikau had a better work ethic, he would be fuckn insane.

Reactions: CMP

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
They're pretty close right now tbf. Kikau is more of a luxury player though and if the rest of the team isn't firing then he will likely come under heavy criticism. He's a match winner in big games and offensively has pretty much every skill you'd want in an edge forward. Papali'i on the other hand will slot into any team seamlessly, punch out almost twice as many runs as Kikau and almost twice as many tackles all while offering similar numbers in attack. Papali'i is also more powerful than Kikau right now despite the larger workload.

Anyway it will be very interesting watching Kikau with us, he won't be afforded the same luxuries for us that he is within the Panther system. If the team goes on a bad run and he's punching out 80m running average 20 odd tackles then the T-rex comparisons will come flying thick and fast.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
They're pretty close right now tbf. Kikau is more of a luxury player though and if the rest of the team isn't firing then he will likely come under heavy criticism. He's a match winner in big games and offensively has pretty much every skill you'd want in an edge forward. Papali'i on the other hand will slot into any team seamlessly, punch out almost twice as many runs as Kikau and almost twice as many tackles all while offering similar numbers in attack. Papali'i is also more powerful than Kikau right now despite the larger workload.

Anyway it will be very interesting watching Kikau with us, he won't be afforded the same luxuries for us that he is within the Panther system. If the team goes on a bad run and he's punching out 80m running average 20 odd tackles then the T-rex comparisons will come flying thick and fast.
Everyone will blame Kikau himself rather than Burton’s ball playing shitness.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kikau's explosiveness is unrivalled ATM but there are other players similar to Papalii, although he is at the top of those types of players being so strong and relentless. It's close but I'd take Kikau (hoping that our inside men can do their job).

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Kikau's explosiveness is unrivalled ATM but there are other players similar to Papalii, although he is at the top of those types of players being so strong and relentless. It's close but I'd take Kikau (hoping that our inside men can do their job).
Kikau was sensational for fiji playing in an under strength team.
CC will get the best out of him