News Dogs enter race for $1m Moses signature as Gus pulls off Sydney raid: Jimmy Brings

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It’s eels or tigers that’s it, everything and everyone else is just another ploy to up his price. I’d be very very surprised if we are even in the picture atall for his signature. He is already on like 900k at parra so I’m pretty sure 100k isn’t gona change his mind.
Hard to see him returning to the Tigers. Given a choice between Parra and Bulldogs for about the some money, as we won't be coughing up much more than what they must be prepared to offer, he will stay with Parra. It's a nothing story whipped up by his cousin/manager who Gus doesn't speak too. Moving on.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Id rather us be patient with khaled
from what i have seen he is not going to be the long term answer unless he improves out of site. He is not standing out in flegg or reserve grade atm

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Id rather us be patient with khaled
I really like the look of Khaled as well, he has shown some really good signs at the WC , but he is still raw and we aren't going anywhere with a rookie halfback over the next couple of years

I don't think we are much of a chance for Moses

I'd take Hastings for a couple of years, let Khaled keep developing as a 7 in reserves , as well as giving him some game time as a 14 in NRL with the view for him to take over in a couple of years if his development continues

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Watch them change the train and trial contracts now because we're using them to pay kids an extra 1k a week lol.
When we assembled a team of massive forwards who were pretty adept at shoulder charges the commentators non stop banged on about it like it was an unfair advantage to have the world's biggest forward pack the nrl were pretty quick to ban sc and speed up the game.
Despite smarter clubs exploiting the weakness of have a huge pack.
Also changed the obstruction rule not long before the 2012 finals.

Wouldn't surprise me if they changed another rule that we took advantage of its in the history of our club

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not one quote. Just that some powerbrokers have approached his manager.

We dont really have "powerbrokers" in relation to football matters these days. We only have one and thats Gus.

The fact that he doesnt speak to Moses' manager gives a pretty good indication the article is horseshit
Could be Laundy perhaps, didn't he have a hand in getting Burton to sign, I think he may have met Burtons parents

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Geez 1 Mil for Moses is ludicrous. I hope the "no speakies" works against us, Moses is overrated and just shows how bad the #7 stocks are and have been for years. Crichton same with the money they would throw at him, have to be in the #1 otherwise a massive fail with Salary Cap.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Geez 1 Mil for Moses is ludicrous. I hope the "no speakies" works against us, Moses is overrated and just shows how bad the #7 stocks are and have been for years. Crichton same with the money they would throw at him, have to be in the #1 otherwise a massive fail with Salary Cap.
would be amazing if we got Moses for 1m in the current halves market...

Isaac

Kennel Established
Reaction score
RAJAB should wear the number 7 in 2023. He can play. What he has done for Lebanon is incredible. Moses is not a million dollar player. Gus will not sign Moses for a million.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As if Parra will let their best half since Sterling go. They will clear out the place to ensure he remains with the Eels.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
i cant see him leaving his bum chums brown and queen gutho.
he can play moses, but he hasnt taken the next step in the big games. doesnt know how to win imo unlike the penrith players
Depends is brown signs with dolphins heard they’re making a big play for him

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
As if Parra will let their best half since Sterling go. They will clear out the place to ensure he remains with the Eels.
Fair enough, however he might want to win a premiership more than staying for the moolah. He could get both at the Dogs then anywhere else.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
RAJAB should wear the number 7 in 2023. He can play. What he has done for Lebanon is incredible. Moses is not a million dollar player. Gus will not sign Moses for a million.
lol...you must be kidding putting a rookie like RAJAB into the halfback position

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think we are a chance of snaring Moses because Ciraldo is a huge draw card and we are assembling a quality team which would be very enticing for moses. But if its about money than he will go to the Tigers who are desperate. Still think he will stay with the Eels because they will be desperate to keep him. the lack of quality halves in the NRL is a real concern.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could be Laundy perhaps, didn't he have a hand in getting Burton to sign, I think he may have met Burtons parents
Yep that was pre Gus mate.

I have no doubts so board members and sponsors talk to agents so they feel important. But Gus makes the decisions