Official Bulldogs sign Bronson Xerri for 2024 season on two-year deal despite doping ban

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Xerri ripe for return
Bronson Xerri is taking steps towards his comeback from a four-year drug ban, most significantly undergoing drug tests to prove he is no longer using the performance-enhancing substances that got him banned.

Xerri is being tested once a month off his own bat. He knows what has been said about him since he admitted to using banned drugs in an interview with me soon after his positive test. He owned his poor judgment and is keen to make it back to the top of the game. Being tested every month will make him more attractive to clubs and shut down any innuendo surrounding his return.

The Bulldogs are looming as a genuine option for Xerri. Canterbury general manager Phil Gould knows Xerri through his son coming up at the same time in the Sharks juniors. He can sign with a club in November.
So we can sign him Nov 1 but he cant actually play for us until 2024 ?

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Correct, definitely worth a top 30 contract, better left centre option that schoupp, get it done gus.
1. ?
2. Fox
3. Xerri
4. Alamoti
5. Dom young
6. Burton
7. Moses
I doubt we will sign him to a top 30 contract for 2023 if he can't play until 2024. I dare say it will be train and trial,to see if he can recapture his form from a few years ago,without the performance enhancers.
Are we signing Dom Young or is that wishful thinking?

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I doubt we will sign him to a top 30 contract for 2023 if he can't play until 2024. I dare say it will be train and trial,to see if he can recapture his form from a few years ago,without the performance enhancers.
Are we signing Dom Young or is that wishful thinking?
he cant sign for 23 dog the NRL would not register it

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
With how big he got he would’ve lost a tonne of speed, which is literally what made him good

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
With how big he got he would’ve lost a tonne of speed, which is literally what made him good
fabri reckons he can get him back into shape.
body change can take a while, took holmes a year after his NFL stint and Hayne never hit the heights after this body change for NFL also.
worth a punt if on basic money and incentives

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
anybody know when he can return to training? I'm pretty sure he can return to training with a squad significantly before he can play with that squad.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not sure why anyone would wish for him in the first place.
Me either,off the top of my head, I can't of 1 athlete who came back after a four year ban for performance enhancers, that ever reached or surpassed the level they were at when they were caught cheating.
Lol ,Just realised you were talking about Young. He is fast, and a decent finisher

Last edited:

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
anybody know when he can return to training? I'm pretty sure he can return to training with a squad significantly before he can play with that squad.
yeh im not sure, but id assume as he is permanently banned for 23 he cant train with a team, that makes sense.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In a year but he can play touch footy which isn't signed to wada