Averillo to test open market before extending.

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His best position is 5/8 so why wouldn’t he see what’s out there.

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don’t really see any other club looking at Avo as a first choice anything, but I can imagine a few clubs would consider him as a possible No. 14 or even a back up behind any teams starting 1 to 7. I wouldn’t get into a bidding war for Avo, but I’d be happy to see him stay and hopefully one day he can be a great player for us.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
might be a way for him to bump up his price, don't think its going to work.

DaveV

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Jury still out on avo. His speed and athletic ability suited to a team that has a dominant forward pack and halves that create space.

Also a decent coach to teach him structures and positioning in attack and defence wouldn’t go astray. Was not suited to Baz ball. Would probably be a star at the storm lol.
[Jury still out on avo] case is closed as he just doesn’t cut it. If he leaves it’s no great loss.

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t really see any other club looking at Avo as a first choice anything, but I can imagine a few clubs would consider him as a possible No. 14 or even a back up behind any teams starting 1 to 7. I wouldn’t get into a bidding war for Avo, but I’d be happy to see him stay and hopefully one day he can be a great player for us.
If no other club sees him as a first choice anything then we shouldn't either, I say let him go and move on.
Look at it this way, when he plays in the halves he'd be ranked only above Flanagan and when he plays fullback he'd be ranked 17th or even worse as there are probably some fullbacks in reserves better than him.

Last edited:

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think his manager is taking the piss to be honest, but its now up to Jake as he will get a chance to own the 1 in the offseason. This is his last real chance to make an impression and if he fails he will be done as a regular first grader, at least for the Dogs anyway.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Wish he did fcuk off to another club. Kid hasnt got it and never will... give someone else a proper shot

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wish he did fcuk off to another club. Kid hasnt got it and never will... give someone else a proper shot
You see, this has been our biggest problem...Not looking after our juniors !
Let's just give them away to other clubs :(

DaveV

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You see, this has been our biggest problem...Not looking after our juniors !
Let's just give them away to other clubs :(
Fair call but provided we only offer NSW cup money because that is where he belongs.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
He not 30 yet, whatever he lacks at fullback he can learn, he has adapted to every other position.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Hes not really proven in any position yet so interesting to see who will gamble on his potential, which he has, but potential in what position?