Religious Discussion Thread

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Nah. It was heavily investigated and found that the reporter at the time provided no source and had no access to Einstein. The quote doesn't line up with anything Einstein has ever said, and people close to Einstein don't believe it's something he would say.

Basically, it was found that religious were trying to superimpose their beliefs on Einstein due to his status, but Einstein wasn't Christian and wasn't a strong supporter of the Church.
Yeh, pretty hard to get conclusive evidence if he didn't actually get quoted denying what was written in the Times magazine. I actually googled a few sites not long ago. Some say what he said was right, some say he sort of said it but the reporter embellished what Einstein said and other sites say what Einstein was quoted saying in the Times magazine was totally fabricated.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Maronite Church is flourishing not only in Australia but overseas as well. The numbers are growing at a rapid pace and involving themselves in the community at large. The Maronite Church in Sydney have started to takeover the Roman Catholic Churches that are losing their parishioners for different reasons.
I didn't know that the Maronite Church is flourshing, perhaps their is something my Catholic Church could learn from the Maronite Church, because the 2 churches are exactly the same, and both have the same head, so all good Bro, not sure why 1 is flourshing while the other is floundering, you might know the reason Bro while I can only guess.
(1) Because maronite priests are allowed to marry.
(2) The Maronite Church is flying under the radar in reagards to the RC Church's sex scandles.
(3) (IMHO the most likely one) is the malicious and always exagurated often totally false the evile practices perperated by a few who only call themselves Catholic. This not doubt fuels the hate propaganda against, the Catholic Church, by such hate obsessed people as KambalaOne.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
There are thousands of Father Bob's in the world. We as laity are father Bob as well. He's not the first, neither is he the last to face adversity and or persecution even from within his own institution. But I tell father Bob to remain strong, because if he had truth then truth will eventually prevail.
I'm sure father Bob as a priest and loyal servant of Christ would be very familiar with scripture:

Romans 12:17-19
Repay no one evil for evil, but give thought to do what is honorable in the sight of all. If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.”
So he's got to be more like the Dalai Lama.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not defending pedo priests, I'm defending the millions of good Catholic Christian people who do the right thing and have to put up with Pea Brains like you. After all the church is more than the tiny percentage of evil people that you point out. The Church is the people scattered all across the world who do good for the world. But to see these millions and millions of good people you need to see, but maybe it's you who has both eyes shut and needs them open.

Maybe you need to change your signature to "Embrace the joy of evil"......it would be a bit more fitting.
I'm certain KambahOne is so sick with hate for the Catholic Church that he cannot help himself.
He is not clever enough to know that by continually harping on the false fact that by potraying virtually Priests as Paedophiles, and by saying that all the Church is doing is covering up for them, he has proved himself to be a hate twisted piece of the provibal.
People with some grey matter, who commit any sort of crime, paedophila or whatever, will never talk about it even to there closest associates and always do their best to cover it up themselves.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I may beg to differ here…particularly considering Pope Pius XII..he never denounced the Nazis directly..and it has come to light from Vatican sources he knew about the Holocaust..
And yes I know the Vatican Harboured Jews..

I do not decry the good the Church does..because it does a tremendous amount of it..
I live in a town with a lot of Italians, I remember One telling my father that he knew of a few families who risked their lives to habour Jews. I also recall someone saying that one family was caught habouring Jews were all killed, kids and all and the house was burnt down. Its pssible that the Pope wasn't even told of the extent of the holocaust
I believe that the Pope was in a no win situation, because from what I can make out the alied countries screwed the living daylights out of the poorer ones with trade deals, so the conflict wasn't all one way

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I didn't know that the Maronite Church is flourshing, perhaps their is something my Catholic Church could learn from the Maronite Church, because the 2 churches are exactly the same, and both have the same head, so all good Bro, not sure why 1 is flourshing while the other is floundering, you might know the reason Bro while I can only guess.
(1) Because maronite priests are allowed to marry.
(2) The Maronite Church is flying under the radar in reagards to the RC Church's sex scandles.
(3) (IMHO the most likely one) is the malicious and always exagurated often totally false the evile practices perperated by a few who only call themselves Catholic. This not doubt fuels the hate propaganda against, the Catholic Church, by such hate obsessed people as KambalaOne.
Our local Maronite Catholic church has 6 Mass services on Sunday. 7am, 8:15am, 9:45am, 11:15am, 5:30pm and 7pm. The church fits about 500 people and each service is full. That's about 3000 people that attend Mass on Sunday alone.

Reason why the Maronite church is flourishing is because the culture and tradition has been successfully passed down from generation to generation.

I wouldn't say the Maronite church is flying under the radar, but you don't hear of any sex scandals in the Maronite church. Or if there is I haven't heard of it anyway. The Maronite Rite isn't exactly the same as the Roman rite(Maronite is Eastern while Roman is Western) but yes we do have the same Pope and are in full communion with Rome but we have our own Patriarch. Rome acknowledges and respects that the Maronites have their own tradition.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I live in a town with a lot of Italians, I remember One telling my father that he knew of a few families who risked their lives to habour Jews. I also recall someone saying that one family was caught habouring Jews were all killed, kids and all and the house was burnt down. Its pssible that the Pope wasn't even told of the extent of the holocaust
I believe that the Pope was in a no win situation, because from what I can make out the alied countries screwed the living daylights out of the poorer ones with trade deals, so the conflict wasn't all one way
There are many heroes in war Kelpie..and it’s easy to judge those who do not do the most heroic deeds during these times, from the comfort of hindsight. However, it’s very likely he knew of the Holocaust, they have records within the Vatican archives that indicate this was the case.. Despite this, what we do know for certain is he was not publicly very vocal against the Nazi regime..his defence was that it could comprise German Catholics..perhaps this could have been the case..however I dare say the extent of the Holocaust warranted a better response from him.. The world needed a powerful voice, and not many at the time was as influential and more powerful than the Vicar of Christ.

Yes the Allies always look after their own interests..but that is beside the point.. The Pope is supposed to be beyond that..

Last edited:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Our local Maronite Catholic church has 6 Mass services on Sunday. 7am, 8:15am, 9:45am, 11:15am, 5:30pm and 7pm. The church fits about 500 people and each service is full. That's about 3000 people that attend Mass on Sunday alone.

Reason why the Maronite church is flourishing is because the culture and tradition has been successfully passed down from generation to generation.

I wouldn't say the Maronite church is flying under the radar, but you don't hear of any sex scandals in the Maronite church. Or if there is I haven't heard of it anyway. The Maronite Rite isn't exactly the same as the Roman rite(Maronite is Eastern while Roman is Western) but yes we do have the same Pope and are in full communion with Rome but we have our own Patriarch. Rome acknowledges and respects that the Maronites have their own tradition.
Our Lady or St Charbels?

PS I love the Maronite Church, not just because an Assyrian Priest set it up.

My misses is Maronite, plus we have a lot of Maronites that come to my Orthodox church to list to my Bishop Mar Mari.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Our Lady or St Charbels?

PS I love the Maronite Church, not just because an Assyrian Priest set it up.

My misses is Maronite, plus we have a lot of Maronites that come to my Orthodox church to list to my Bishop Mar Mari.
St Charbel's bro.

Yep, Bishop Mar Mari. He gained a lot of support during the lockdowns/Vaccines period. Powerful speaker, great priest.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is a bit of a maverick I guess and outspoken but is so relatable and the face of religious humility to the populace.

A shame to see him so upset with his treatment in old age. He seems to have been a great servant for his Church and deserves to be treated well.

He would gave raised hundreds of thousands of dollars and been the face of the RCC on TV, Telethons, feed the homeless soup kitchens etc.

(Not sure if there are other issues) but it looks like a glaring mistake by his superiors and not a charitable, humane decision towards him.
It certainly demonstrates the putrid culture of the catholic church hierarchy seeing someone outspoken being punished like this as an example to others to tow the line. I'm sure the orders to punish poor old Bob came directly from the paedophile protecting Vatican. The catcholic church needs more people to be outspoken against its activities and not the millions of wilfully ignorant enablers it currently has in its ranks.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm certain KambahOne is so sick with hate for the Catholic Church that he cannot help himself.
He is not clever enough to know that by continually harping on the false fact that by potraying virtually Priests as Paedophiles, and by saying that all the Church is doing is covering up for them, he has proved himself to be a hate twisted piece of the provibal.
People with some grey matter, who commit any sort of crime, paedophila or whatever, will never talk about it even to there closest associates and always do their best to cover it up themselves.
I was clever enough to prove that your church's hierarchy are actively protecting paedophiles. Twisting yourself into a pretzel to ignore that fact won't change it.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Brother, the Catholic Church has many Rites. 23 Rites to be exact. The Roman Catholic church is only 1 of those Rites, there are 22 other rites. You can still be married and become a Catholic priest. For example, I'm Catholic but I'm not a Roman Catholic, I'm a Maronite Catholic and we have many Catholic Priest's who are married and have children. Men have a choice of their vocation and many people are ill informed about the way the church is structured and how it operates.

I'll leave you with this quote from Bishop Fulton J. Sheen:
“There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church, but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.”
I'm also Maronite brother :grinning:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I know brother. What a rich, beautiful history we have. Top culture, brotherhood, love, family & faith. I wouldn't swap it for anything.
They held a mass at the original Mar Charbel church in Lebanon for me 6 days before I got the heart.

My wife's cousin just asked if the priest can say a prayer for me so he went one better and held a whole mass for me.