Kitten Found - what to do now?

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
RSPCA or another pound. You could also advertise on gumtree or social media that you're giving away a free kitten. The kitten probably has a better chance at life with the latter option.
Some sites don't allow animals give away ads. If it goes to a pound, it might have 2 weeks tops before the other euthanasia.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hi guys,

My wife and I found a kitten on Saturday night, couldn't be more than 3-4 months old, only a little fellow. He's very friendly and affectionate - and this is coming from someone who does not like cats.

Anyway we were heading out to dinner and saw the kitten and he got spooked by a car driving past and other cars driving past after that, so we thought he was lost or stray. We took him in, gave him some food and kept him indoors overnight.

Sunday morning we took him to the vet, and he's chipped, however not registered, so we had no way of finding out who his owner is. We've gone door knocking and no one has claimed him, also no one has come to our place asking about him. We've tried a few places but no one seems to be able to take him in. We rang the council this morning but they'll only take away dead cats or dangerous ones.

We've also asked around on local social media channels but nothing.

It's almost as if he's a chipped ghost who just appeared out of no where.

Does anyone have any ideas? What about the RSPCA, are they required to assist?

Any info/ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all.
Other family or friends an option? I guess not as your posting for advice, could do worse than keep the little one yourself..i've seen plenty convert.
Desexed cats kept indoors or at least overnight are no problem way cleaner less hassle than dogs and yet some are doglike in their manner.

@dogluva is a cat person she may have another idea too.