Bulldogs Greatest Team!!

Shreksno1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just on your rumours thread, I'd be happy for the Dogs to sign Mitchell Moses. I call him "one trick pony", he may have the best long kicking game but his attack is one dimensional. 1st level 7 - Stuart, Johns, Langer, Sterlo and Mortimer, 2nd level - Cooper Cronk and Matt Orford, 3rd level Mitchell Moses.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mortimer is the GOAT. Turvey's amazing two long range solo tries in the sudden death semi against Cronulla the week before his solo try against Parra in 79.
Was there for both .... on the old hill with family.

EXCILERATING !

On a par with anything i have witnessed as a Bulldogs fan.

Still get chills watching those flying little legs in Steve's " lucky" faded blue shorts.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sure did kill it there with West's remember my old man an old Maggie was devastated he was leaving lol but he loved him and used to see him at the Cheso hotel a bit.Terry was and I assume still is just a top down to earth bloke who played above his weight regularly, tough as they come .

Bullfrog would have been rocking up round at the Lamb's house weekly I reckon lol it was a massive get having him return to the fold.

My favourite player without a doubt, I watched him at West's also as we used to go to some games at Lidcombe too.

Crazy to expect it but I'm wondering and hoping if Khaled Rajab might be a burgeoning prototype into the future..we're overdue for one of his kind.
Baa was the best week in week out club footballer i have ever seen.

Rajab reminds me a little of a young Foran.

slippery eel

Waterboy
Reaction score
Bulldogs fans divided on this one! Mortimer or Lamb? Lamb was from Bulldogs territory.

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lamb missed 85 gf through injury (we still would have won and probably by more then a point)
88 Mortimer cam off the bench in last 5 min
So if you that potentially could even up appearances and wins
Mortimer 79-L 80-W 84-W 85-W 86-L 88-W-(played last 5 min as a ‘thank you’)
Lamb 84-W 85-W-(did not play injured) 86-L 88-W 94-L 95-W
I watched them both and I can’t split them
The amount of tries Lamb finished due to being ‘in the right spot at the right time’ due to reading the game and the ability of knowing his others players strengths and particular traits was uncanny
Mortimer could change a game with a chip and chase or a great cover tackle.
I think they are def top 10 all time half combinations in nswrl/ARL/NRL but don’t get spoken about unfairly

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Lamb missed 85 gf through injury (we still would have won and probably by more then a point)
88 Mortimer cam off the bench in last 5 min
So if you that potentially could even up appearances and wins
Mortimer 79-L 80-W 84-W 85-W 86-L 88-W-(played last 5 min as a ‘thank you’)
Lamb 84-W 85-W-(did not play injured) 86-L 88-W 94-L 95-W
I watched them both and I can’t split them
The amount of tries Lamb finished due to being ‘in the right spot at the right time’ due to reading the game and the ability of knowing his others players strengths and particular traits was uncanny
Mortimer could change a game with a chip and chase or a great cover tackle.
I think they are def top 10 all time half combinations in nswrl/ARL/NRL but don’t get spoken about unfairly
if i am being harsh, Lamb never excelled at SOO level, where as Turvey captained NSW to victory. Loved both players but Turvey the best ever IMO followed by Baa

PaulS

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Slippery Eel, where is and how is our old mate Parra Jesus .
Is he resurrected as parra are 1 game away from GF?

slippery eel

Waterboy
Reaction score
Slippery Eel, where is and how is our old mate Parra Jesus .
Is he resurrected as parra are 1 game away from GF?
Not sure!! He'd be around somewhere.
I'm glad Eels won tonight even though they didn't play their best footy - 1. I'm an Eels fan and 2. Cowboys wouldn't trouble Bunnies or Panthers in the GF.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm glad Eels won tonight even though they didn't play their best footy - 1. I'm an Eels fan and 2. Cowboys wouldn't trouble Bunnies or Panthers in the GF.
36 Years of pain might finally be over for your clan Slippery - I wish you all the very best of luck. I have actually tipped all year that this year is yours.

I know it might sound strange as a Bulldogs supporter, but I'm actually hoping your guys can bring home the bacon next week.

I think that also illustrates just how much the Panfers have risen up the hate chart.

Side Note - How cool would it be to say that the Bulldogs Walloped the Premiers by 30 odd points.

Good Luck!!!

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Message for you today Slippery Eel -

Today, the rank outsider flying the Blue & Gold Flag had a big win over the Power House Favourite with "Help From The West".

I woke up to reports Today of Ukraine claiming victory in one of their cities with troops flying the Blue & Gold Ukraine Flag & dancing in the streets.

If this isn't an Omen then I don't know what is.

Good luck Parra, & most importantly - Good luck to Ukraine!!!

View attachment 59467

After 36 years of waiting, even our biggest rival needs a happy ending.

Good Luck Today Buddy, & see you in next years finals series.