News Reynolds desperate for Bulldogs homecoming;

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As usual, the vast majority of the kennel are up in arms about something of little consequence, that most likely wont even happen. Having Josh around the club will be great for team morale, just like JAC is, and will help galvanise the squad, and show them what it means to represent our great club. Its very unlikely he will play fg, and im sure he would know this. But if he trains alongside the team, and pushes the young guys to improve themselves, what do we have to lose???

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If Josh Reynolds is fit, I really don't see the problem of playing him in No.14. Bench utility is not a position that should be given to our up and coming halves like BBO (he will be much better off playing a full game in Reserves than 15 mins off the bench). That's why Dockar-Clay is playing 14 right now, because he gets the job done, and isn't someone who we care about developing long term.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If Josh Reynolds is fit, I really don't see the problem of playing him in No.14. Bench utility is not a position that should be given to our up and coming halves like BBO (he will be much better off playing a full game in Reserves than 15 mins off the bench). That's why Dockar-Clay is playing 14 right now, because he gets the job done, and isn't someone who we care about developing long term.
He is not up to NRL standard in 2023. This is madness that people think he is a 14 option

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As usual, the vast majority of the kennel are up in arms about something of little consequence, that most likely wont even happen. Having Josh around the club will be great for team morale, just like JAC is, and will help galvanise the squad, and show them what it means to represent our great club. Its very unlikely he will play fg, and im sure he would know this. But if he trains alongside the team, and pushes the young guys to improve themselves, what do we have to lose???
I agree, unlikely to play. I watched some of his games in the super league and he us well past his best. My only question is why bring him in on a train and trial contract if the plan is for him him not to play. I agree it will be good to have him around the group for morale etc. so why not bringing him into the team staff?

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
costs us nothing, literally no negatives, if he's not good enough compared to what we're playing in front of him he won't play, perfect player to have around the group.
So bias with this because he is your favorite player lol.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Most missed tackles in Super League at 33 could spell the end, still maybe a Reynolds is better than no Reynolds.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cheers. Wow. Don’t be fooled by the highlight package. Sounds like he was very underwhelming

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
So bias with this because he is your favorite player lol.
Yes, but doesn't mean I'm biased. I've predicted dogs to finish close to bottom last few years. I think I'm one of the least biased on here.

Side note, anyone who didn't rate Reynolds when he played for us is coo coo.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Yes, but doesn't mean I'm biased. I've predicted dogs to finish close to bottom last few years. I think I'm one of the least biased on here.

Side note, anyone who didn't rate Reynolds when he played for us is coo coo.
Played behind one of the best forward packs in the last decade with a great set of outside backs and a solid spine yet we never looked close in winning a premiership.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Train and trial deal works well. If he doesn't fire we don't follow through and he drops back into a mentor role with the club. It's a win win scenario really.

We need experience alongside Burton to guide the team around.

Heck even Mbye should be an option at this point.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I agree, unlikely to play. I watched some of his games in the super league and he us well past his best. My only question is why bring him in on a train and trial contract if the plan is for him him not to play. I agree it will be good to have him around the group for morale etc. so why not bringing him into the team staff?
Who would you rather have on the coaching staff? An ex player, or an actual coach? We pay him $1000 pw, he trains his ass off, and sets the tone for the playing group, and if, and its a big if, he has what it takes to make the top 30, and even play fg, that would be a win for the club too.
Theres no way Ciraldo will play favourites and have him in the team for the sake of it. He will only play if he 100% deserves it! If this is the case, good for him.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Who would you rather have on the coaching staff? An ex player, or an actual coach? We pay him $1000 pw, he trains his ass off, and sets the tone for the playing group, and if, and its a big if, he has what it takes to make the top 30, and even play fg, that would be a win for the club too.
Theres no way Ciraldo will play favourites and have him in the team for the sake of it. He will only play if he 100% deserves it! If this is the case, good for him.
Spot on, if he can drive the culture through the pre season that is a win for the club.
even if he plays Reggie’s and brings the young guys through it is a positive.
all the younger guys look up to him for what he has achieved at the club, you need a hard head in reserve grade