Bulldogs make surprise approach to Munster as clubs circle Storm star

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
seeing as you are throwing money around, I just got my rates notice & it was nearly 10% of my annual income. Wanna help? :grinning:
Sell and become a renter....
Rates problem solved

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burton is a unique young talent and the sky is the limit for him,
Is he the finished product as a five eight, in my opinion not yet !
Many time Gus said he never underpays his players,
What is Burton's true value ?
Will we overpay to keep him ?
These questions will soon be answered.
Agree he is not the finished product, and he has the tools to be a star .... but, he has some rather alarming traits to his game at present which i didn't foresee.

I follow American sports closely and can't miss number one draft picks fail quite frequently.

Not writing him off but 850k at this time in our history/rebuild has me a little worried.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Agree he is not the finished product, and he has the tools to be a star .... but, he has some rather alarming traits to his game at present which i didn't foresee.

I follow American sports closely and can't miss number one draft picks fail quite frequently.

Not writing him off but 850k at this time in our history/rebuild has me a little worried.
In an attempt to make it harder for us to extend his contract some of the scum on Foxtel were suggesting a price tag of $1.1 ml a season.
We could only hope, common sense will prevail !

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd get rid of Burton for Munster if we had to.
I agree.
Burton's kicking game is vitally important to us but at some stage we have to decide if Burton is a 5/8th or a centre. He can still kick. But the team must become a top 4 contender and if he's not filling that role adequately you either have to shift him or ship him.

Last edited:

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don’t be surprised, we have a history of getting top players once in a blue moon! The blue moon has come and gone it’s time for a massive signing!!

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
For a star studded team I have no problems with us being over the cap Roosters have been doing it for years so have Melbourne. Win, cheat or steal a premiership or two it's all good......WAY BETTER than claiming the spoon and throwing your cap away on plodders, fringe first graders and no bodies. I'm sick of losing to a corrupt and favored competition.....period!!!

Last edited:

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree.
Burton's kicking game is vitally important to us but at some stage we have to decide if Burton is a 5/8th or a centre. He can still kick. But the team must become a top 4 contender and if he's not filling that role adequately you either have to shift him or ship him.
Without a dominant game managing half back next to him. Burton struggles at 6. He is a runner not a natural organiser. Due to a lack of anyone else. Burton will be 6 next year. Although giving him some time at 1 over the off-season should be considered.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I can't see Munster coming to the dogs. Be a huge coup though....still won't have a 7 and the three props we need though
Cant possibly afford Munster unless we shop TPJ....perhaps to Tigers?

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sell and become a renter....
Rates problem solved
Not in Canberra. Hard to find rental properties & the rents are apparently the highest in the country. They have made a mess of this town!

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Without a dominant game managing half back next to him. Burton struggles at 6. He is a runner not a natural organiser. Due to a lack of anyone else. Burton will be 6 next year. Although giving him some time at 1 over the off-season should be considered.
Maybe we can turn this game into NFL & he can come on to kick.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

I admittedly haven't seen a lot of football beyond the start of this season. But he's stepped into a situation where he had to play a huge role. He's definitely dealt with it better than most of his predecessors. You might be nervous about whether he's worth $850k a season, but of all the "might be's" he's done well enough to crack into the origin squad so it's likely that someone will find 850k or thereabouts to get him to leave. It's more of a gamble to let him leave. If he winds up progressing to the point where he's a regular in rep teams, we'd bang our heads for the next ten years that we let him go.

If Ciraldo is the real deal, hopefully he already knows Burton's game well enough to factor for it in general play and game plans.

It'd be incredibly nice to welcome a top notch 7 as well as the hooker we've needed since Ennis left in Mahoney (not a frequent runner, but will get our pack rolling and makes good choices). Kikau will hopefully continue playing good footy too. Time will tell how we're travelling with halves. Ciraldo may see something been chasing to shape in Flanagan or BBO or we may be negotiating with a youngster from elsewhere to potentially partner Burton for a while on a healthier wage. At the end of the day I know that of the 10,000 players we've reportedly negotiated with in the last five years, most f those reported negotiations haven't progressed past being a disproved guess and the players we land are generally surprises.

Last edited: