Opinion Yesterdays embarrassment

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
Ok I am a lot more calm now with the benefit of a full nights sleep to think about the last 2 weeks
My view is:
- keep Averillo away from the first grade team next year. He needs Flanno treatment. Keep him in reggies. When his contract is up, cya
- speaking of Flanno, keep him in reggies too
- Ciraldo needs to call a spade a spade now and let TPJ know he can get fucked too. Send him to Redcliffe now
- put Schoupp on a 6 week bulking program with a view to move him to an impact forward role off the bench, can add value there but is not the answer in the centres
- Burns can kiss first grade goodbye
- ZDC can go back to Mounties
- And lastly if anyone is questioning whether Mahoney is better than JMK I would hope last night gave you an indication of the difference in class between the 2. Actually it wasn’t even that Mahoney was that good, JMK was just horrendous, since the cowboys game he has been shockingly bad

Ciraldo needs to lock these fuck wits into a 4 week SAS style boot camp and weed out the lazy *****
Great post Malla.

I have just one comment. You are lucky to have had a full night's sleep after that sh!t display from the Bulldogs yesterday.

Whilst I tell myself I don't care, I still do and I actually couldn't get to sleep for several hours (same pattern for me after other sh!t games we have played).

Then I woke up at about 3:00am feeling really annoyed - I absolutely hate the Parrascum - then took a few hours to go back to sleep.

I would be lucky if I had 4 hours sleep last night and it's all the Bulldogs fault for being so crap.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The last 2 weeks have been humiliating and depressing. I give some leeway for the Warriors game because we had to travel to Bundy, then NZ, but still, conceding 42 to one of the worst teams in the comp is embarrassing. Then doing the same a week later when they had more time to prepare isn't acceptable either.

It just goes to show that our defence (particularly on the edges) needs a shit load of work. Kiraz is starting to look not so great (his defence has always been sus) Burton and JAC have had issues even.

So much for me thinking Potsy was the man. Stuffed if I know what's happened the last fortnight, but they clearly aren't playing for him, nor themselves. Zero pride in the last 2 games. Looks like they've put the cue in the rack now they know Ciraldo is coming in a few months.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah it's depressing alright to accept that we are now a down and out club. It seems to be ingrained now and not a season to season thing.

When you remember all the good times. The entertaining games and superstars who we were so proud to say they played for OUR team. Then, just as importantly to us, the skillful characters of the game and the honest toilers who did their job and represented us with pride.

There's lot of work to be done to fix this.

Realisticly it does look like Gus is putting in the long term plans and pathways to see us through in the future.

Unfortunately it is absolutely clear that he was right all along. It will take quite a while for sustainable success.

Every year its been a clean out of lazy or not first grade quality players and unsuitable coaches like a spiral we can't get ourselves out of. That seems to be clearing and on a better trajectory.

We have our successful history to remember and hopefully a new future turning around for us sooner rather than later.
What is it now, 7 years without finals? That's shocking. Even if it's 6, it's unbelievable. Ah well we had it good since the late 70s to 2014.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The last 2 weeks have been humiliating and depressing. I give some leeway for the Warriors game because we had to travel to Bundy, then NZ, but still, conceding 42 to one of the worst teams in the comp is embarrassing. Then doing the same a week later when they had more time to prepare isn't acceptable either.

It just goes to show that our defence (particularly on the edges) needs a shit load of work. Kiraz is starting to look not so great (his defence has always been sus) Burton and JAC have had issues even.

So much for me thinking Potsy was the man. Stuffed if I know what's happened the last fortnight, but they clearly aren't playing for him, nor themselves. Zero pride in the last 2 games. Looks like they've put the cue in the rack now they know Ciraldo is coming in a few months.
Behind the 8 ball that's for sure but why they want to look like plodders with a new coach coming and with the man who holds the purse strings in Gus, is anybody's guess.

Not enough backbone or desire to do their best.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Its almost like they were playing better for potter but since ciraldo was announced its like "fuck it, early off-season". Nothing to play for this year any more sort of thing

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Behind the 8 ball that's for sure but why they want to look like plodders with a new coach coming and with the man who holds the purse strings in Gus, is anybody's guess.

Not enough backbone or desire to do their best.
That's the worrying thing. We started with a great chance to score, through Burton and JAC, then they just went to water. Both players had shockers, as did most of the team.

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For any dogs fan who's coming off a bender, watch yesterdays game!

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its almost like they were playing better for potter but since ciraldo was announced its like "fuck it, early off-season". Nothing to play for this year any more sort of thing
Exactly what I thought. This is a major concern, but hopefully Ciraldo can fix it. To have that attitude though, like "why bother when we can't play finals and have a new coach incoming", is a serious concern. Surely people like Gus and even Potter would be demanding they play with some damned pride! What about us fans too? You know, the people who actually make their awesome careers possible? The fact we were out of finals contention didn't matter so much to me when we were still playing good, entertaining footy and getting a few wins. On the contrary, getting flogged is just shit.

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pity they don't realise they are probably playing for their careers at the club. Ciraldo would be watching with keen interest right now with a broom in hand ready to sweep out these non performers.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Gus has probably laid it on the line that a few more than out of contract guys need to find new teams, ...or maybe they know they aren't much good themselves, and they will find it hard to get a contract elsewhere?

For a few years the playing group have been fragile and not mentally tough enough to try and determine their own destiny or fortunes and excuses made as our new club motto. Instead of what we once proudly stood for.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Literally every out of finals team + Broncos got flogged this week.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
It started 20mins into the first half of the Cowboys game, they switched off and broke the switch.

You are giving them too much credit. It's a dud team and the "better" players have dropped to the duds levels.

They fluked a few wins but now back to reality.

Shreksno1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great post Malla.

I have just one comment. You are lucky to have had a full night's sleep after that sh!t display from the Bulldogs yesterday.

Whilst I tell myself I don't care, I still do and I actually couldn't get to sleep for several hours (same pattern for me after other sh!t games we have played).

Then I woke up at about 3:00am feeling really annoyed - I absolutely hate the Parrascum - then took a few hours to go back to sleep.

I would be lucky if I had 4 hours sleep last night and it's all the Bulldogs fault for being so crap.
Fuck bro it’s only footy

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yesterday was painful.
As to the players and what you think Ciraldo should do Ill leave it to Ciraldo, Gus and the Club to sort out in the off season.

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Mahoney’s service from dummy is outstanding.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm so glad I missed the game. Was with friends, and saw the final score. All I could think was thank God I don't support the Tigers.
There seems to be a lot of blowout scores from last week on. Is this an indication that some players are looking for the offseason already?

Can we put ours in the reserves & give others a go, but how will that affect the reserves finals chances? Which is more important? Seeing who can handle 1st grade or the reserve grade finals series?