Official Team List Round 23 v Eels + Match Discussion

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
There’s so many disjointed things with this team right now and losses like these should be expected. We have zero attacking structures like no halves linking or fullbacks, no inside passes or early kicks, no sideway switches, who runs decoys, putting backrowers into holes when and where etc. Its just all eyes up footy and essentially do whatever you want to score points. Some players do need to be held accountable tho like TPJ, Flanagan and Burton who all need to step the fuck up with their ‘skills’. Potter seems all but completely far away from what people thought of him (including me) bench selections and rotations are awful, selections are questionable aswell. Ofc alot of these results can all be blamed on Trent Barret and his duds for all their sackings and what we were taught. Just super glad we have avoided the spoon, don’t see tigers winning tonight and if they win the next two, our +- is way better than their’s, along with teams below us. Its tough for us fans and i’m sick of being bums but its just what has happened this year that has again proved disappointment.

Dogs Rule

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Today was shite. But watching this sharks game, will have 60 on us... If we play how we did today.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just when I thought we had turned the corner and there were blue skies ahead , the last 2 games have brought us back to reality.
Some players in key positions really need to be punted If we are going to be more competitive next year. They simply are not good enough .

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Surely next week Alamoti, Skelton and Toia get a crack?
As much as we hope, its never happening. Wouldnt surprise me if only injuries and suspensions cause for new players to be selected. Would rather compete for the NSW cup premiership and retain them for next year when the CC era starts.

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
Just when I thought we had turned the corner and there were blue skies ahead , the last 2 games have brought us back to reality.
Some players in key positions really need to be punted If we are going to be more competitive next year. They simply are not good enough .
Yeah - big reality check.

Our exciting attacking football against Tigers and Parrascum seems like a distant memory.

We have reverted to the tried and trusted 1 out Desball.

I couldn't bear to watch the whole game today - when the score started to blow out, I just turned it off. Why suffer that sh!t.

Malla

Reaction score
As much as we hope, its never happening. Wouldnt surprise me if only injuries and suspensions cause for new players to be selected. Would rather compete for the NSW cup premiership and retain them for next year when the CC era starts.
It’s annoying fuck wits like Burns, Averillo, ZDC and Stimson keep getting picked and young blokes with three times the skill are in reserves tho but I agree

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't worry guys, the results will be different next year.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
This game also proved drastically that RFM isn’t an edge backrower and should be playing in the middle off the bench next year with Jackson and Kikau on the edges.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Plenty of teams have had shocking losses like this one and like last week. Like this year. Last year and the past 6 years.

It is what it is.

We're down and out now but things will improve.

It's impossible to imagine it can get much worse.

We have some good plans and people in place to drag ourselves up...(just keep telling ourselves that lol)
Rugby League has become touch football....if you can’t control the ruck speed u are fuked......very hard to change the momentum when teams get a roll on....if u can’t keep up you coo a belting on the scoreboard...don’t like how the administrators have tampered with the game to the point that it’s all about speed

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Rugby League has become touch football....if you can’t control the ruck speed u are fuked......very hard to change the momentum when teams get a roll on....if u can’t keep up you coo a belting on the scoreboard...don’t like how the administrators have tampered with the game to the point that it’s all about speed
Momentum and ref 6 agains can totally take a game away fron you. Def we weren't in the hunt but if refs only ref one side, don't give penalties to us that are warranted, it can gas a team and it must be like beating your head up against a wall.

BTW what was the decision on the Fox non-try. The Parra player had no control over that so called grounding. Clear as day. Those decisions make a difference.

We all look forward to the day we are so good. So perfect that we will be able to overcome the inept and incompetent refereeing.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The one good thing about getting belted is the coach is more likely to make these changes
It's not the Bulldog way.

We don't do many change ups.

We persevere hoping for a miracle.... or accept failure and mediocrity.

My Shawarma

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Parra were in total control, had all the answers in both attack & defense.