News Brent Read.. Stephen Crichton

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
T
Alot of tge issue with teams like the dogs paying overs for regular players is the fact the NRLOL force all teams to spend 90% or 95% of the salary cap each year. Wether you have superstars or spuds is irrelevant.
This I agree with.
The salary cap floor is the most stupid and unfair concept brought in by the NRL and RLPA. It does nothing to protect inflation in the game and all it does is make it harder for a bottom team to bounce back into finals contention.

Get rid of it. Allow a team like Newcastle (5 years ago), Tigers and us to have 2 years of pain with front loaded contracts but with the $$ and cap space to target big games players and return to another window.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haha,
If you could have any fullback at our club
Who would you want. Hypothetical question.

Paps, always injured

Teddy, prob best option of the best fullbacks, but cam be a bit of a ball hog

Turbo, again always injured Prob my preference

Ponga, pfft lazy fuck reminds me of jarrad Hayne.

Cutherson,
I hate the guy for some reason, can't put my finger on it.

Dylan Edwards
Now we talking, can we have him please

Ceraldo, bring Edwards to the club
My pick is Teddy.
Absolutely brilliant club and rep footy player as well as GF. Hardly plays a bad game, isn't injured like the rest and good captain.

Only other I would take is Gutho. Has similar attributes to Teddy but probably 80% of Teddy's talent and contribution.

As good as Turbo is on his day, he is like Foran and SBW. I'd be surprised if he has played 50% of Manlys games since 2018

Ewan McGrady

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im not sure he offers much, if any, more than Avo. I still reckon Fox at full back is worth a try before we spend big dollars on someone else. .

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Might need someone in-between jacko though.
I think jacko will retire a little bit before Burton is ready.
Yeah I agree
I cant think of anyone including Reed coming that would be captain worthy.
In the early days of Thomo I was hoping he would progress to hopefully 1 day to be our captain.
This is why rarely bet, couldnt pick a winner to save my life.

hulk hogan

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Averillo will be in NSW cup 100 % he is terrible Ciro will take no prisoners will be ruthless

CCC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Listening to Gus on 6 Tackles - he said 7 and 1 are the two most important positions with 7 being slightly more important than fullback, I can't see how he thinks Flanno and Avo are the best we could have. Surely he is looking for upgrades (even if Avo progresses, he is not elite anytime soon). He also said how important fullback was to defence and how they organise EVERYTHING, even telling tacklers where to retreat to in the line. Given Avo thinks Potter is great because he 'doesn't have to think too much' and Crichton looks like he is asleep most of the time I can't see either of them being our long term fullback. Probably why fullbacks like Edwards, Brimson, Drinkwater etc although not known as supreme athletes (attack) are so important to their teams, playmakers who talk and organise. So I see two new players coming for 1 and 7 who have a brain and a voice first, then physical attributes....

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Listening to Gus on 6 Tackles - he said 7 and 1 are the two most important positions with 7 being slightly more important than fullback, I can't see how he thinks Flanno and Avo are the best we could have. Surely he is looking for upgrades (even if Avo progresses, he is not elite anytime soon). He also said how important fullback was to defence and how they organise EVERYTHING, even telling tacklers where to retreat to in the line. Given Avo thinks Potter is great because he 'doesn't have to think too much' and Crichton looks like he is asleep most of the time I can't see either of them being our long term fullback. Probably why fullbacks like Edwards, Brimson, Drinkwater etc although not known as supreme athletes (attack) are so important to their teams, playmakers who talk and organise. So I see two new players coming for 1 and 7 who have a brain and a voice first, then physical attributes....
Edwards, Brimson and Drinkwater? Lol wut. Did you just pull 3 random names out of a hat? :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Just on the 7, the decision makers in the club KNOW that we aren't winning anything with Kyle. (Take this as fact, no rumours)

They're on the lookout for a 7

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
they are all an upgrade on Avo today
You're description of those three players was absolutely awful. Drinkwater is an excellent attacker and just a tier under the top fullbacks while Edwards and Brimson are both great athletes. Brinson also has a heap of holes in his game while Drinkwater is still sus at times in defence. Like I said you pulled three random fullbacks.

Last edited:

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
You're description of those three players was absolutely awful. Drinkwater is an excellent attacker and just a tier under the top fullbacks while Edwards and Brinson are both great athletes. Brinson also has a heap of holes in his game while Drinkwater is still sus at times in attack. Like I said you pulled three random fullbacks.
Spot on. I love Brimson, but he is quite the one dimensional selfish player. His explosiveness and speed masks alot of his flaws. Would never be worth the money required to pry him away from GC.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Just on the 7, the decision makers in the club KNOW that we aren't winning anything with Kyle. (Take this as fact, no rumours)

They're on the lookout for a 7
Anyone not delusional knows this.

Flopagun will be lucky to get a nsw cup contract unless his dad lands a coaching job.

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Wasn’t his intercept in last years grand final match winning? Also is it confirmed yet Billy Slater assistant for Ciraldo or was that only if we were getting Freddy?
Need to ask Davey boy Holland. He has the inside scoop on Freddie as our coach. No wait …