Matt Burton | Consolidated thread

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
I am a little concerned about Mahoneys fitness this year though... I'm sure its something a good flogging in the off season can fix though. Will be interested in finding out when the training and conditioning staff will be announced.

But as been said above the extra width to Mahoneys DH Passing will give earlier ball to Burton and with Kiks and JAC outside of him lookout
I think this off-season will be all about fitness and defence training. Attack can be fixed during the season.

Dogsville

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think we should build good relations with Penrith and loan Burton back to them, but in turn we sign 1 of there players next yr Leota ? Spencer maybe
come on Dave, maybe we should loan you to the Panthers forum for two months, then they will give us a player

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think this off-season will be all about fitness and defence training. Attack can be fixed during the season.
Who gets the job as fitness & conditioning coach is every bit as important as the coach or marquee players. I don’t think our lack of fitness over the last few years can be underplayed with regards to our on field performance. We haven’t had the talent. But this has been magnified by not being fit.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why would he leave with Kikau and Ado-Carr outside him any 5/8th would take that.
I’d love to see Alomati or Skelton develop as a centre with them
Agree. Kikau on the edge is a plus for any 5/8th. Luai wasn't as dangerous without Kikau outside him in Origin. Burton's running game will go to another level with the threat of options Kikau and JAC .

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Assassin already said this a while ago. Upgrade for 2024 was the reason behind not taking that player option
Bro he was never leaving us and was happy with the money. Club wanted 5 years but 4 years it is...and it's awesome news.

Everyone knew that by us telling him not to take the option was a show of good faith and looking after him and not playing games with him.