topine hate?

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Topine is little more than a journeyman. He just fills in when required.
Edwards offers a lot more. being a prop he will be an asset for years to come.
He reminds me of a younger Paul Harragon.
He better start learning to take some hit ups then !!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
It's the sickening jizz fest over average players.

Waddell is a far better player than Topine but he doesn't have the pashun & deeziyah so he is not in the good books.
Waddell's a human statue that destroys the attack in the final 3rd as well as an error and penalty magnet, hopefully doesn't feature at all next year.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Edwards is as lucky to play 1st grade as Steve Turner was to play Origin.

He so far off a first grader it’s scary. He is terrible in defence and offers nothing in attack. He definitely has compromising footage of Harry Potter. How he got picked in the first place is amazing. The fact he keeps getting picked is mind boggling.

Dan2

Waterboy
Reaction score
A player that performs extremely well week after week in NSWcup and in his first full start in FG performs well gets dropped to the bench the following week. Maybe it is his size but to be honest i rather him start at second row with Jackson coming off the bench. Topine runs a real good line and is great little tackler.

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
Edwards played 73 mins on Friday and had 3 runs for 19 metres. Hopefully it’s just a one off but it’s a big step up playing boys in NSW cup to playing FG.
Jeremiah Nanai 7 runs for 41 metres against Easts

Topine can play reserves and step up and lead the song when we win in first grade .... that's his role

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Its almost like he just isn’t very good and his ceiling is incredibly low:dizzy:.Would be ticked off if Edwards is kept over Topine but still preferably don’t see why we need either. Just my opinion and feel free to disagree.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Topine is little more than a journeyman. He just fills in when required.
Would have to be on looks and not ability lol

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The club/Gould's doing a lot of good things but I personally think how Topine's been treated this year is wrong. The kid bleeds blue and white and is more talented then a lot of players picked ahead of him (e.g. Waddell, Stimson, Edwards, Morrin, etc.)
Exactly, if we lose him but then give someone like Josh Reynolds a 1 year deal I'll be pissed

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lol what hate? Some just aren't convinced he's a superstar. Topine indifference would be a more accurate term. If you want examples of players who get legit hate on here look no further than Adam Elliott, yours truly or the bloke you are using as an avatar.
Elliot is killing it for Canberra and I dare say had the last laugh

EL Hefe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of 4pines.... I hope that helps

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Edwards is as lucky to play 1st grade as Steve Turner was to play Origin.

He so far off a first grader it’s scary. He is terrible in defence and offers nothing in attack. He definitely has compromising footage of Harry Potter. How he got picked in the first place is amazing. The fact he keeps getting picked is mind boggling.
Harrison Edwards

72 tackles made.

4 tackles missed.

94.7% efficiency, in his two games to date.

Off topic .... we made 377 tackles compared to The Warriors 260.

Little wonder we faded after a short turnaround.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Hes too small. Other teams are having tall, big 2nd rowers as their strike weapons next to their halves. These big 2nd rowers are hard to tackle close to the line, Topine has been beaten many times in those situations.

He's too small to tackle the big forwards. Yes he's relatively the same size as Cam Murray or Radley but no way in he'll does he tackle like either of those players.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I havent seen this hate you speak of. Cant be that widespread you needed a thread about it lol. Topine is ok. Looks better when hes playing NSW Cup. Hes a reasonable backup. Doesnt give me wood but hes also not hopeless.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wouldn't be suprised if Topines already been retained for next season based on his past few games in NRL.