News Brent Read.. Stephen Crichton

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Even if playing fullback is make or break for him he's going to get fullback money out of us, not centre money. His manger will play Panther and other clubs against us.
Burton and Kiks already here + Ciraldo coach works in our favour no? Not saying sign him at all costs but as Steve said he is quality and I don't think he would be a bad signing either(Gus won't overpay will see the benefits and the former team mates and coach).
Another wait a year signing if we do negotiate a deal as there is no way he leaves early from those salty pricks.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Burton and Kiks already here + Ciraldo coach works in our favour no? Not saying sign him at all costs but as Steve said he is quality and I don't think he would be a bad signing either(Gus won't overpay will see the benefits and the former team mates and coach).
Another wait a year signing if we do negotiate a deal as there is no way he leaves early from those salty pricks.
He has more relationships at Panther (To'o, Luai) and they're the best team in the comp. We ain't getting him for what Panther is offering (which is also why we can't play him centre which I've seen some people comment). I don't mind the signing (content with what we'd have to pay, I rate him higher than the average person on here apparently), I want 2 out of Munster, Haas and Crichton or at least players at the same level (and position), but there aren't many. The first 2 would be my preference.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Brent read saying on triple m, he will probably follow CC.. wants to play fullback
Tell us the price son :laughing:
We are thin on quality in the centres, For now centre but if Averillo doesn't reach potential, why not !
The question is...What is Gus's plan ?

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I can't see the hype around this guy. Need a genuine FB, not a centre that wants FB money
We also have Kiraz and Skelton, whos to say what their ceiling is and they're not on big dollars. We could have our centres covered but will have to wait and see how that plays out next season.
Sick of trialing 1's and 7's, would rather pay overs for proven players in these positions.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Throw some decent coin at Suaalii. He aint getting a crack with Teddy there. Would defintely jump ship for less cash than Crichton with a guaranteed spot at FB.
Sualili is going to get 600k to be a utility back at 20 years old.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Am I the only that doesn't really rate Crichton
Nah I'm wid ya.. he has a little bit of okunbor about him. The only upside to CC is the fact he is still only 21 so there is development there.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lol.. Look it up. And do better.
No need to look anything up, I have thought in the past he looked like a dear in the headlights myself.. But, before he got Covid he was owning the FB spot like I thought he would and we would be stupid not to develop him there if he shows some of that form again.

I think our playing group knew Potter wasnt going to be long term and now our little bit of enthusiasm has been replaced with the "cant wait for the season to end" mood... Hopefully players will still want to impress the incoming Ciraldo and will have a dig, but I am not very confident.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Could go either way.

Our club and players have not shown any sustained resilience or "fight" for some time.

When the pressure is off they are a first grade team. When the pressure is on and they need peak performance, they generally collapse. (See the Todd Payten interview and how he has tried to deal with it at the Cowboys).

I really thought Gus would have a much bigger influence in getting them to 100% compete.

With almost everything in place for 2023 I guess it starts from Nov 1. Unfortunately World Cup will be impacting a full pre-season by the looks.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
apparently moving into the centres next year. He will be a fullback at some stage. He can't at the Roosters why Tedesco's there so depends how long he's willing to wait. He's being paid very well already tho.
His father is being very well paid too.

Always a Bulldog

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
TBH I’ll take him either we take the risk with Averillo or we have a legit fullback and you know what to expect. If we’re to splash big money Munster is the best available and if we 100% could get him for 24 I would do that instead. Crichton though can play 1-5 just worried we will overpay which is likely.
Who says he can play 1-5? The only position he has played with any discernible merit is centre and we have a number of good (and much cheaper) prospects at centre. Complete waste of cap space.

Eesma

Kennel Established
Reaction score
A year ago, everyone was saying Avo should be at FB. A month ago, everyone was praising Avo's performance at FB and praising Potter for having the wherewithal to move him there. Now Avo's come back from Covid, at the end of an already lost season, had a couple of bad games and suddenly everyone wants to throw money at a player who, throughout Origin, proved he's nowhere near as good as he looks with his Penrith side around him? FMD

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Have we not learnt our lesson
How many times do we want to pay overs for wingers and centres with the hope they can become a gun fullback?
We only end up moving them on before their contract ends and costing us more money and cap money.

I'm OK getting him as a centre for a fair and reasonable price tag, but pissed if we paying overs with hope of fullback

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No need to look anything up, I have thought in the past he looked like a dear in the headlights myself.. But, before he got Covid he was owning the FB spot like I thought he would and we would be stupid not to develop him there if he shows some of that form again.

I think our playing group knew Potter wasnt going to be long term and now our little bit of enthusiasm has been replaced with the "cant wait for the season to end" mood... Hopefully players will still want to impress the incoming Ciraldo and will have a dig, but I am not very confident.
This week vs Eels will define our narrative on how we will finish the season and if we are buoyed by the Ciraldo coup.

The eels will want sweet revenge after we handed their arses to them, if we back it up, we’re locked into a solid finish.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I've never understood the fuss over Crichton. Looks like a top athlete but wouldn't be prepared to break the bank for him, though if anyone knows his true value it'd be Ciraldo.

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We have a fullback and he’s much better than our previous fullbacks.. This kid Averillo has a lot of upside. Sure he may be suspect under bombs but bomb catching can be taught. Burton will bomb the shit out of him in the off-season. He’s new to the role and his support play and passing game is good. Crichton could turn out to be another failed zelezniak experiment at fullback. Save the money. Leave avo at the back and invest in a half.

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Need to keep money available for a quality half when one becomes available and hope to fuck Averillo gets fit as fuck over summer and gets some confidence under the high ball.. he’s definitely got the skill, pace and size to be a quality FB. Hopefully next years strength and conditioning coach is better than the over weight bloke that Baz brought with him.. how’s a bloke who’s not motivated enough to keep himself fit suppose to motivate athletes to keep fit.