News Brent Read.. Stephen Crichton

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
He was behind Staines and Laurie in the lower grades, he's isn't anything close to an established or gun fullback.
he wasnt behind them its just that as a centre he is a freak also. Laurie cant play centre

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
If we did buy Crichton on overs to play fullback, I feel it would eventually be seen as one of those typical decisions a desperate, underperforming club makes and regrets later. Akin to Tigers paying Mbye $900,000 a season and getting nowhere with it.

I'd be happy to have him come across on reasonable money and give him a crack. He's a gun centre if fullback didn't work out, but I don't think it's wise to give him fullback money now.

underdogsontop2246

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. ?
6. Matt Burton
7. ?
9. Reed Mahoney
13. Tevita Pangai Junior

We need to replace Flanagan and Averillo ASAP, if we want to make the top 8. Our spine is looking sharp.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
I think this is real as when the deal was done was probs somewhere around rounds 10 to 15 where it was clear we didn’t have first grade depth in the outside backs and they panicked. Since then Averillo and Kiraz have kicked on a bit but when the decision was made they were probs panicking.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Crichton is an awesome talent and supreme athlete. He shits all over Avo. The only issue for me is the price we get him for. Not sure why people think he is over rated
He's overrated because he's not that good.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
my point is that because he can play centre also they used him there as the others arent as versatile.
Is it not more important to develop a fullback than centre though? If he was that good he would've played there more imo. People are talking about him like he's Joey Manu lol.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
What makes you say that?

His broken play running isn't really that special, his passing game isn't that special.

What does he have in spades that will make him a rockstar fullback?
he is an athlete and only 21, he will fill out also. He is a great mover and has the speed to be a special fullback

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Crichton is the last thing we need. He has been tried at fullback at Penrith and looked very ordinary. His form has been on a downward slide since the end of 2020. Already overpaid. Would be a terrible get.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Is it not more important to develop a fullback than centre though? If he was that good he would've played there more imo. People are talking about him like he's Joey Manu lol.
Kinda undid your own comment? Why is manu centre? Cause he’s better at adapting to that role than others and has Tedesco at 1. While edwards isn’t teddy he’s certainly elite fullback. For the record I’d take manu every day too.

That said I’m really torn on this (think he’s been poor the back end this year) though he has also been extremely good for panthers overall (granted a lot easier with quality players around him e.g burton there).

Though he’s light years ahead of what averilo offers.

Though for the 700k+ he would command it makes me nervous. Yes could be a elite centre for us regardless though for the 700k+ I’d almost rather we went 1.2 at Munster