News Brent Read.. Stephen Crichton

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
It might very well happen but I reckon Ready got this mail off the kennel.
When considering everything it's a very realistic signing and makes sense. All Ready said is "I wouldn't be surprised" and "Crichton wants to play fullback". He's just putting 2 and 2 together. That's all you need to do to be a journalist.

Froggo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
No thanks, we already have a fullback. But he can bring highway forehead with him to play 7 if he wants...
We don't have a fullback, we haven't had a fullback since Barber left. We have a nowhere man, doesn't quiet fit anywhere but in this current roster can't be left out. Anyone against Crichton never saw him coming through the grades. His a gun fullback and will be again.

underdogsontop2246

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol, people think Avocado is a long-term fullback. He did nothing at halfback and now he's proving he can't do shit at centre, winger and fullback. He's a NSW cup player at best.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Would you say this if avo wasn’t fullback
Yes I would. Crichton is a great athlete but imo is overrated and has benefited massively by being a part of that Panther squad much in the same way Martin has. Value is also another huge issue, bloke is already on overs yet we will probably have to increase his wage even more to get him over to play in a position he is completely untested in. There's also various other points like him being exposed in SOO, him being behind both Staines and Laurie at fullback in SG and Flegg. I also found an interesting stat from this season, Crichton has over 100 more runs than Averillo yet has only managed 3 extra tackles breaks...there's various was you can look at that but I think it tells a story.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We don't have a fullback, we haven't had a fullback since Barber left. We have a nowhere man, doesn't quiet fit anywhere but in this current roster can't be left out. Anyone against Crichton never saw him coming through the grades. His a gun fullback and will be again.
He was behind Staines and Laurie in the lower grades, he's isn't anything close to an established or gun fullback.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Crighton is similar to Suaali with out all the jizz & hype of the media.

We need him to strengthen our backline it doesn't really matter where you play him. He has shown he can cover all positions 1 to 5.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I remember years ago the Rorters raiding our players and trying to emulate our success.
I don’t want us doing the same thing signing every Penrith players that’s off contract.