Official Bulldogs and Ciraldo agree to terms

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nervous...Who wouldn't be ?
After all we have been through some horrible times and failed coaches.
Where to from here ?
With new coach and players and more sponsor...We are laughing.
So now when the wins start to come we should all should all be cheering CC
Nice chips :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I wanted Potter. Never mix personal and professional affairs.

No there’s no guarantee he will fail but if he wants to sign Crichton to play fullback, I’m not taking it as a great sign. And five years is way too long.
Lol, Daddy didn’t get the job champ, you’re goooonnnneee like Adam idiot lol

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
potter hasnt succeeded has he?
He took over a team that was lacking in fitness and confidence without benefit of a preseason and has taken our average points scored a game from under 10 to around 24. He’s done a fantastic job under less than ideal circumstances.

I will eagerly await your reply about how my opinion doesn’t matter because you used to coach under 16Bs at Wenty, or some such bullshit.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Nervous...Who wouldn't be ?
After all we have been through some horrible times and failed coaches.
Where to from here ?
With new coach and players and more sponsor...We are laughing.
So now when the wins start to come we should all should all be cheering CC
Nice chips :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
Even better drink ;)

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow isn’t Greg Alexander just a first rate cock smoker:laughing::laughing: EAD Brandy.
Greg Alexander (being on board of directors for the Panthers) couled easily have leaked it, forcing our hand to announce it. Dogs were probably happy to wait to season end out of respect for Panthers.

Comes across as the sort of person who would spite us like that.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Lol, Daddy didn’t get the job champ, you’re goooonnnneee like Adam idiot lol
I didn’t want daddy to get the job. And I’d wait til someone half decent hits the market before even thinking about celebrating my departure. lol

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
He took over a team that was lacking in fitness and confidence without benefit of a preseason and has taken our average points scored a game from under 10 to around 24. He’s done a fantastic job under less than ideal circumstances.

I will eagerly await your reply about how my opinion doesn’t matter because you used to coach under 16Bs at Wenty, or some such bullshit.
haha not even close mate, but thats ok.
yes he has improved our attack, im loving that, but our defence is still bottom 8. He cant take us to the top8 IMO.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

How is CC a bigger risk than Potter?

Let's call it as it is, all potter has done is told them to play eyes up footy.

No set plays/structured attack
No defence
Can't select players and bench
Can't use the bench
Can't wake them up from 2nd half comas

Plus Potter is like Baz, both failures at previous clubs.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder where Avo will play now CC brings his FB...
Assassin would love to see Averillo given a go at fullback after a full preseason training in the position. Definitely needs to bulk up over the off season....the problem is if we sign Crighton he will be paid big money which will mean a fullback role?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
haha not even close mate, but thats ok.
yes he has improved our attack, im loving that, but our defence is still bottom 8. He cant take us to the top8 IMO.
He didn’t even get a preseason and the team clearly has fitness issues, dude…. And he didn’t get yo pick his defensive coach, either.

i am happy we didn’t sign Fittler or Dad, at least. But these mourners about Ciraldo bringing Crichton to play fullback have me seriously concerned. He’s untested as a head coach at this level and may turn into Barrett 2.0

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Assassin would love to see Averillo given a go at fullback after a full preseason training in the position. Definitely needs to bulk up over the off season....the problem is if we sign Crighton he will be paid big money which will mean a fullback role?
I honestly don't know what to think if we do sign him.

Both would need a full preseason at FB.

Only thing I can see separating them is their ceiling, Crichton being a GF winning origin rep and Avo done nothing.

I still want Drinkwater, but I'll take anyone that does the job for us.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
He didn’t even get a preseason and the team clearly has fitness issues, dude…. And he didn’t get yo pick his defensive coach, either.

i am happy we didn’t sign Fittler or Dad, at least. But these mourners about Ciraldo bringing Crichton to play fullback have me seriously concerned. He’s untested as a head coach at this level and may turn into Barrett 2.0
Or Cleary 2.0

Let's see how he goes first...

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Only thing I can see separating them is their ceiling, Crichton being a GF winning origin rep and Avo done nothing.

If we do sign Crichton, aren't clubs allowed to approach him Novemver 2022 to sign for 2024?

So basically what I'm saying, if we do go for him it has to be decided this year (because other clubs will also be in for him in November)

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
I assume 5 years will be the exact timeline as Burton, and if that is the case, then so be it.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Isn’t Drinkwater under contract for the next few years?

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

he is untested yes and their is a chance of failure as with every coach. But all the great coaches started as assistant coaches. He was chased by every club who is in the market now or in the next 2 years, that says something. Gus knows what a good coach is as he punted Tbaz.
As for Chrighton, he is a future star, dont worry about him, he will be rockstar fullback. I know for a fact last contract negotiations, the roosters offered him more than us but he chose to play with his mates. The roosters dont usually get it wrong on many occasions

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How is CC a bigger risk than Potter?

Let's call it as it is, all potter has done is told them to play eyes up footy.

No set plays/structured attack
No defence
Can't select players and bench
Can't use the bench
Can't wake them up from 2nd half comas

Plus Potter is like Baz, both failures at previous clubs.
I think Potter has told the duds some home truths. We threw the Bazball structures, robotic stuff out the window. Freed up the players to the point where they are enjoying playing the game again and confidence is back in their ability.

We are enjoyable to watch and competitive, he picks and sticks with players building combinations.

We had Ferris Wheel so it will take a full pre-season to iron out those fitness issues. The structures also need to be done in the pre-season.

The top teams do not have slow starts because the work they've done in the pre-season is rock solid.

The 2nd half fading is what the Raiders have been doing for years under Ricky. It's a fitness & mentality issue.