Official Gus on Twitter

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
We didnt jeopardise anything. We played a top 2 team, and got beat. Simple. Nothing to do with where we played. Cowboys are simply a much better team right now.
Nope, QLD not taking games to neutral venues when it's their turn to host 2 games is a team not jeopardizing anything. We are doing the opposite and taking a home game to the enemies backyard. If we are taking Cowboys to a neutral venue for our home game I don't want to see them any further north than mid north coast. Fuck em

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
We didnt jeopardise anything. We played a top 2 team, and got beat. Simple. Nothing to do with where we played. Cowboys are simply a much better team right now.
Comprehension agaain :grinning:

Said we were prob no chance this game.

I am saying it could jeopardise NEXT year if we are vying for a finals spot.

Playing a home game against a Qld team in Qld doesn't exactly "enhance" our chances.

Malla

Reaction score
We all know that there is very little chance we would have won. That's not the issue we are discussing. It's giving up a home game and playing it in Qld against a Qld team.
We did not give up a home game, Wendog.

Malla

Reaction score
Agree, even if they play the game in Bundaberg why pick the cowboys to play there. That should be a game played against someone like Canberra.
It would have been picked well before the season started and Cowboys were amongst the spoon favs so at the time it probably seemed like a low risk decision

Malla

Reaction score
Comprehension agaain :grinning:

Said we were prob no chance this game.

I am saying it could jeopardise NEXT year if we are vying for a finals spot.

Playing a home game against a Qld team in Qld doesn't exactly "enhance" our chances.
I reckon if you knew what comprehension meant you would have packed it in 3 posts ago and stopped talking shit

Malla

Reaction score
I don't know if we would have won elsewhere eg at Olympic Park - probably not - but we were absolutely at a disadvantage playing our "home" game in Bundaberg - in the opposition's back yard, temperatures way above what the Bulldogs players were accustomed to in Sydney (but the Cowboys players were used to), travelling well over 1000km to play our own home game etc
All fair points and I agree with all but to suggest it was the reason we lost (not saying you’re suggesting that, others have in this thread) is ludicrous.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I reckon if you knew what comprehension meant you would have packed it in 3 posts ago and stopped talking shit
It's a shame you can't admit you are looking foolish on this issue as well :grinning:

It's clear what me, and others, are saying but you and another just can't seem to understand it's not about this game...it's the idea of jeopardising our finals chances next year by not keeping a home game advantage and keeping our paid members cheering us on in Sydney.

Malla

Reaction score
It's a shame you can't admit you are looking foolish on this issue as well :grinning:

It's clear what me, and others, are saying but you and another just can't seem to understand it's not about this game...it's the idea of jeopardising our finals chances next year by not kerping a home game advantage and keeping our paid members cheering us on.
We’ll be ok next year. I think you’re taking this out of context and honestly when have we had any home ground advantage at ANZ anyway? Belmore is supposed to be where it’s at and we haven’t won their since Des was here

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
We’ll be ok next year. I think you’re taking this out of context and honestly when have we had any home ground advantage at ANZ anyway? Belmore is supposed to be where it’s at and we haven’t won their since Des was here
You have NO idea if we'll be ok next year.

Context is everything and so is home ground advantage....or our club's ability to re-establish an advantage now that we are becoming more competitive and making opponents as uncomfortable as possible playing against us.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s honestly ridiculous not only to play our home game there but to play the COWBOYS in their preferred conditions is just madness whoever thought that would be a good idea needs to resign! What if we were in the battle of the 8 you need every advantage possible!!
to be fair when we took the game there, the cows were bottom 4. nobody could’ve foreseen that they’d be second when we played them