Routine for a dreary Saturday afternoon when the Dogs play on a Sunday

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Always stuff to do around the house and/or errands to run.

I'm usually relaxing right about not and getting ready for whatever the evening holds.

Tonight we're going to a party.

It feels weird saying that... I haven't been to a normal house party in about 3 fucking years.
House party??? What are you 18 again??

Can I come?

B-Town Lad

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Come home from Jnr footy, whinge to the misses about how 3/4 of my team don't want to play and are forced by their parents and are wasting my time. Then try to calm down my boy after he gets the shits carrying 10 out of 13 boys every fkn week.

Then go to Coles and get a Nintendo Switch card for each try my boy gets (usually 2 or 3).

Decide what to drink while watching 3 games.

If it's a good night I fall asleep and a bad night is taking the misses out lol

BUT

I coach 3rd div and train 2nd div, my boy plays both games. I have 1 reg season game left and 1 finals game then I'm retiring from coaching (45-7 record ;)). My boy will stop carrying 3rds and stick with either 1st or 2nd div so I can finally sit in the stands and just be a proud dad.
Nice man, your son sounds very handy. My young fella crossed the chalk 43 times last year. I was rewarding him with $20 per try so shit got expensive.

This year I’m rewarding tackles. $1 per tackle made. Will serve em better in the long run. Has to eat a dog biscuit for every missed tackle haha. Defence has improved out of sight

B-Town Lad

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Always stuff to do around the house and/or errands to run.

I'm usually relaxing right about not and getting ready for whatever the evening holds.

Tonight we're going to a party.

It feels weird saying that... I haven't been to a normal house party in about 3 fucking years.
Light it up my friend. Nothing like a good house party

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Nice man, your son sounds very handy. My young fella crossed the chalk 43 times last year. I was rewarding him with $20 per try so shit got expensive.

This year I’m rewarding tackles. $1 per tackle made. Will serve em better in the long run. Has to eat a dog biscuit for every missed tackle haha. Defence has improved out of sight
Plays FR in 3rds and ball playing lock in 2nds. Up to 34 tries this year. 15 for 3rds and 19 for 2nds.

But thankfully he has inherited my brutal defence and loves hitting hard. It's cheaper to reward tries than tackles tbh.

I promise you he has to make more than double the tackles in 3rds than 2nds.

PS well done to your little beast. Wish him all the best!

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

$20 way too much for a try in junior footy mate unless the kid is a bit shy and timid and your trying to get them into the games. Young fella stung you a beauty… God Bless him.

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Then go to Coles and get a Nintendo Switch card for each try my boy gets (usually 2 or 3).
I'm fond of my Playstation 4 but I'm a bit scared to switch it on because I can get carried away and play for ten hours straight. I'm very keen on your CREED games (thanks for that). Odyssey always sucks me in - Kassandra, the heroine, is an amazingly good sort considering she's just a series of ones and zeros!

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I'm fond of my Playstation 4 but I'm a bit scared to switch it on because I can get carried away and play for ten hours straight. I'm very keen on your CREED games (thanks for that). Odyssey always sucks me in - Kassandra, the heroine, is an amazingly good sort considering she's just a series of ones and zeros!
I always buy used and trade games but only hold onto all the ACs and GTAs

B-Town Lad

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
$20 way too much for a try in junior footy mate unless the kid is a bit shy and timid and your trying to get them into the games. Young fella stung you a beauty… God Bless him.
Yes he did but he paid a price in the end when most of his dinners were 2 minute noodles or baked beans since he cleaned me out of cash most weekends.
The little bloke told all his team mates of the agreement also and word quickly spread to other parents. One dickhead shirtfronted me about it saying it was ridiculous and was annoyed that his son complained that he didn’t do the same for him. He was quite rude wouldve decked him if kids and women weren’t present

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Yes he did but he paid a price in the end when most of his dinners were 2 minute noodles or baked beans since he cleaned me out of cash most weekends.
The little bloke told all his team mates of the agreement also and word quickly spread to other parents. One dickhead shirtfronted me about it saying it was ridiculous and was annoyed that his son complained that he didn’t do the same for him. He was quite rude wouldve decked him if kids and women weren’t present
Wow!

Man there are some dickheads that shouldn't be at kids sports let alone be parents...

PS the parents are the main reason why I'm looking forward to giving up coaching. 99% of the boys are awesome. Just had enough of the constant bullshit from the parents who think their knockonmor son plays like JAC.

Last edited:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
That’s easy. I just watch King Elliott and the mighty Raiders.

EL Hefe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im on TK all day. I don't eat sleep or shit, I just hit the refresh button reading comments and rub lotion on my body that I have in the basket