SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
According to nswrl.com
Pele is leading front rower stats in
-tries scored
-line breaks
-line break assists
-tackle breaks
IMO this says a lot considering he is only averaging 35 minutes and has came of the bench for most of the season. If he can get fit or fitter to play consistent nrl I think he can dominate. Those stats alone suggest he is one of the strongest attacking front rowers. Which I think is exactly what the club needs. Fast play the balls,good second phase etc
if he is playing 35 minutes that is enough, you need impact players of the bench. The game has changed where the bench players are just as important as the starting players.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
if he is playing 35 minutes that is enough, you need impact players of the bench. The game has changed where the bench players are just as important as the starting players.
He makes about 10 tackles a game and they're all flops lol. He literally walks in defence from what I've seen and won't be close to NRL until he sorts that out.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Pele's averaged 35 minutes in reserve grade this year. Anywhere between 25 and 40 minutes a game. As long as we have other big minute forwards it isn't an issue.
How many meters and tackles is he making? It’s hard to find his cup stats this year. Has he been injured? Also what’s his tackle effectiveness like?

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He makes about 10 tackles a game and they're all flops lol. He literally walks in defence from what I've seen and won't be close to NRL until he sorts that out.
You answered it for me :p lol

you could be an offensive weapon. But you only have the ball for about half the game. Guy needs to be flogged and see if he can get into some form of nrl state. He’d be a liability running back the 10 as well. So definitely a low priced project. Good roll of the dice though in my opinion.

Timsidescoop

Waterboy
Reaction score
He is playing in the highest level other than nrl… and dominating. I think he is just looking for a chance probaly took a gamble to come here for cheap. Hopefully he can prove his worth. Like I said if he can get fit I don’t see why he can’t dominate in the nrl too.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
How many meters and tackles is he making? It’s hard to find his cup stats this year. Has he been injured? Also what’s his tackle effectiveness like?
~36 minutes a game
~14 tackles a game
~93 metres a game

He's played 12 games this year

He also doesn't miss many tackles, 0.42 miss tackles a game.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You answered it for me :p lol

you could be an offensive weapon. But you only have the ball for about half the game. Guy needs to be flogged and see if he can get into some form of nrl state. He’d be a liability running back the 10 as well. So definitely a low priced project. Good roll of the dice though in my opinion.
Yup, some big boys just can't adapt to the pace of first grade and make those quick back to back efforts. Hopefully he can improve in that area because I can't see him playing NRL again until he does.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Cronulla couldn't make him into a reliable NRL-level "wrecking ball" in an entire year and we (hopefully) manage to do it in the off-season, what does it say about the shark's development and training regime?

Malla

Reaction score
If Cronulla couldn't make him into a reliable NRL-level "wrecking ball" in an entire year and we (hopefully) manage to do it in the off-season, what does it say about the shark's development and training regime?
Has nothing to do with that. They have a log jam of front rowers in that squad.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yeh I haven’t seen him play, only highlights from Newtown. He is young for a front rower, so that can worked on. Gus obviously sees potential in him

The Dominator

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Sharks are not happy to lose him. This is a big coup for Gus. The potential is huge. Pele scored 3 tries in one game earlier this season including one that was almost the length of the field.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Sharks are not happy to lose him. This is a big coup for Gus. The potential is huge. Pele scored 3 tries in one game earlier this season including one that was almost the length of the field.
yeh that was the try i was talking about yesterday

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeh I haven’t seen him play, only highlights from Newtown. He is young for a front rower, so that can worked on. Gus obviously sees potential in him
His size and pace obviously make him an attractive prospect, probably not on a big salary so worth the gamble I guess.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We desperately needed another front rower. We have a dearth of back rowers so he should be a good acquisition.
He is young and still learning his trade. He is a big bodied young fellow and will do well.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
We desperately needed another front rower. We have a dearth of back rowers so he should be a good acquisition.
He is young and still learning his trade. He is a big bodied young fellow and will do well.
Sharks fans are really critical of him tho, imo its just another Mavoni Tuifua. If Pele cant last the Sharks training scheme with Fitz along with the fit leaders such as Mcinnes, Tolman, Graham, Finucane around training, what suggests he will do better here?