News The Bulldogs are freed of Barrett’s ‘shackles’... key roster calls could finally wake NRL’s sleeping giant

PoundHounds

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We don't have the polish to construct points when working closer to the line yet. Things like Flanagan not engaging the line, poor linkup play between the spine, forwards not running the best lines, lack of timing, etc just make it too hard to break down teams when working with limited time and space. That isn't so much of an issue when attacking from deeper positions where you have more time to work with and we can rely on our ball movement to create space for our key players to attack.
Flanagan's engaging the line much more to his credit...not effectively yet though.
JMK's service is looking sharper too. This sites going to melt down if Mahoney doesn't deliver next year and JMK kicks up a gear.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Flanagan's engaging the line much more to his credit...not effectively yet though.
JMK's service is looking sharper too. This sites going to melt down if Mahoney doesn't deliver next year and JMK kicks up a gear.
Bro, he literally isn't engaging the line. The team is winning and suddenly everyone thinks Flannagan has improved too but its BS. His stats are still as poor as they were when we lost 6 and 7 games straight.

PoundHounds

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bro, he literally isn't engaging the line. The team is winning and suddenly everyone thinks Flannagan has improved too but its BS. His stats are still as poor as they were when we lost 6 and 7 games straight.
Mate he is trying... just not effectively which I think is what your saying.
He does the dummy and run and gets smashed I agree.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
BULLDOGS IN 2022 UNDER BARRETT (RANK)

Points - 9.6 (16th)

Tries - 1.8 (16th)

Run Metres - 1261 (15th)

Post Contact Metres - 413 (15th)

Linebreaks - 2.3 (16th)

Tackle Busts - 24.8 (15th)

Offloads - 10.3 (7th)

Completion Rate - 73.5 (15th)

Tackled Opp 20 - 28.4 (9th)

Red Zone Tries Scored Ratio - 21.8 (16th)

Tries 51+ metres - 2 (8th)

BULLDOGS IN 2022 UNDER POTTER (RANK)

Points - 25.3 (6th, up 10 spots)

Tries - 4.3 (7th, up nine spots)

Run Metres - 1422 (11th, up four spots)

Post Contact Metres - 457 (10th, up five spots)

Linebreaks - 4.8 (10th, up six spots)

Tackle Busts - 32.7 (8th, up seven spots)

Offloads - 13.2 (2nd, up five spots)

Completion Rate - 80.2 (6th, up nine spots)

Tackled Opp 20 - 26.8 (11th, down two spots)

Red Zone Tries Scored Ratio - 13.4 (16th, same spot)

Tries 51+ metres - 9 (1st)

------------------------------------------------------------

wow
Tries 51+ metres - 9 (1st)

WE WON!!

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He did the same when he got the ass from the roosters. Question mark around his accountability and ownership.
Was also supposed media ban which has obviously changed since Barrett left. If I were him I'd be keeping quiet but hey he might hang himself anyway

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He's trying to and we've done a little bit more down the right in recent weeks and it's probably down to that. We did play two of the weaker sides though so could also just be that...

JMK's service is still meh, just not that big of a deal ATM.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Was also supposed media ban which has obviously changed since Barrett left. If I were him I'd be keeping quiet but hey he might hang himself anyway
I agree mate but I don’t think he can help himself ..

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A stat that worth looking at is we are still 16th in Red Zone tries.
Flanno can talk all he likes but that is where a better number 7 is needed.
very true. We're last in red zone tries cause Flanno has no idea how to engage the defence and throw the money ball to put someone over. That's what a real HB is supposed to do.

Grimace

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Just hurry up and announce Ciraldo as coach!!

chuckynemo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The blues were playing like the bulldogs yesterday. I couldn't believe my eyes. So Freddy, fuck off if you think you're coaching us mate. We already know how to play like the blues did last night
Don't worry bro, JMK is just chucking a michael licha. Played good when it was too late. Hell go back to old habits