Official Team List Round 21 v Cowboys + Match Discussion

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I'm disappointed Kyle Feldt isn't playing, he loves to jam in and give his opposition winger some space.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yep it will probably show we don’t have defensive resilience to defend our errors against good teams.

The knights had nearly 40 tackles in our 20 in the second half last week. Yes there were some bad calls but we will cop them this week as well given the respective ladder positions.

If the cows get that many tackles in our 20 they will score more than 1 try
I'm finding it hard to imagine how we beat the Cowboys this week as they just seem like a bad matchup for us considering they're so strong in areas where we're weak. Tigers basically managed it though so I guess we're a chance if we can score points early and build some scoreboard pressure on them and force them into silly errors. Drinkwater does have a lot of errors in him on a bad day, Townsend can be passive in attack at times, strike players can force the pass at times, etc. There defence though has mostly been very good.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm finding it hard to imagine how we beat the Cowboys this week as they just seem like a bad matchup for us considering they're so strong in areas where we're weak. Tigers basically managed it though so I guess we're a chance if we can score points early and build some scoreboard pressure on them and force them into silly errors. Drinkwater does have a lot of errors in him on a bad day, Townsend can be passive in attack at times, strike players can force the pass at times, etc. There defence though has mostly been very good.
They have developed chemistry.. we basically need to disrupt it

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm an old school prop who loves brutal defence rather than fancy offense.

So basically, I'd rather be a Dog of War rather than an Entertainer ;)
I'm the opposite. I love the razzle dazzle days of Mortimer and co in the late 70's and early 80's. Although my brother was a chooks fan we both used to try the Mortimer chip over the top and regather against our friends in the local park back in the good old days.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We'd be a better chance in Sydney......

I actually havent watched many of their games this year. They tend to get a lot of 7.30 Saturday night games and I am normally out lining up models to come home with me at that time.

But back to the real world and the wife has let me watch 2 games of footy by then so I dont push for a third.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Maybe this is the loss they need to have before the semis lol. Don't all the up and coming top 8 teams get the jitters?

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score

I actually havent watched many of their games this year. They tend to get a lot of 7.30 Saturday night games and I am normally out lining up models to come home with me at that time.

But back to the real world and the wife has let me watch 2 games of footy by then so I dont push for a third.
Suggestion, bring one of the models home for your wife.

Always a Bulldog

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You don’t have to imagine, you have to BELIEVE

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I dont think last week was simply a matter of clocking off 5 mins into the second, looked more like fatigue. Could get ugly if we run out of steam this weekend.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I dont think last week was simply a matter of clocking off 5 mins into the second, looked more like fatigue. Could get ugly if we run out of steam this weekend.
Thats how i see it tbh... I can see the dogs throwing everything into the first 3rd then get absolutely rolled towards the back end.. I wish we had our full forward pack for this as it would definitely bring the two teams closer.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score

Have watched a lot of their games. Due to supercoach i tend to watch most matches. They definitely arent going to win the GF. They are improved but not that exciting to watch. Their ladder position flatters them a bit. For me they are worthy of about 6th-8th. Not unbeatable at all. Would have been better if the home match was at home, but we are a chance.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Thats how i see it tbh... I can see the dogs throwing everything into the first 3rd then get absolutely rolled towards the back end.. I wish we had our full forward pack for this as it would definitely bring the two teams closer.
For sure, shame Thommo isnt ready to go.
Big 2 weeks for the team with travel etc. I dont know what the weathers been like in Bundy, bliss here in Brisbane so hopefully perfect training and match day conditions.
A win would be massive for us, cant wait.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I'm the opposite. I love the razzle dazzle days of Mortimer and co in the late 70's and early 80's. Although my brother was a chooks fan we both used to try the Mortimer chip over the top and regather against our friends in the local park back in the good old days.
I wasn't light on my feet so I couldn't do all that razzle dazzle stuff. I just played to hurt the opposition pack. Love the big hits and collisions.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wasn't light on my feet so I couldn't do all that razzle dazzle stuff. I just played to hurt the opposition pack. Love the big hits and collisions.
I was the small elusive guy back then. I've loved Turvey ever since the first time I saw him on tv run circles around the opposition and became a Doggies fan for life. We would experiment and figure out how to chip the ball over the top with a bit of backspin so it would bounce just right to regather. Back in the days when the world was so much better and simpler.

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another one im missing due to Soccer at 2pm. I need double posting efforts from some of you to make up for it haha

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
For sure, shame Thommo isnt ready to go.
Big 2 weeks for the team with travel etc. I dont know what the weathers been like in Bundy, bliss here in Brisbane so hopefully perfect training and match day conditions.
A win would be massive for us, cant wait.
What do you mean it was supposed to be 27° beautiful day but it was a shit over cast day.

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
I'm an old school prop who loves brutal defence rather than fancy offense.

So basically, I'd rather be a Dog of War rather than an Entertainer ;)
Then you would have enjoyed our 6-4 Grand Final win over the scum in 1984.

Under the old 5m rule - the Dogs of War. Apparently the Wok was happy enough for the other team to have the ball because our game plan was to smash the sh*t out of them. That plan worked pretty well too.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What do you mean it was supposed to be 27° beautiful day but it was a shit over cast day.
Your complaining about QLD middle of winter weather?
Its glorious.
Would you prefer the boys to train in hot conditions?

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Your complaining about QLD middle of winter weather?
Its glorious.
Would you prefer the boys to train in hot conditions?
No i love winter up here just disappointed since the weather guy talked it up. Lol!