Opinion Luke Thompson

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Enough is enough if he went home to see his family all good, but his returned to not be playing at all, I think there's more to it

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I was one of the most excited to sign him. Sure he hasn't lived up to his ESL form but nobody was playing well under Baz the dud.

Plus he was carrying the whole pack on his shoulders.

I still want to see him playing under Potts and with a better performing team. If he hits his ESL form then everyone will be calling for his re-signing.
I agree mate, but I expected him to play a running game and always in support looking for offloads like when he was in SL running off Walmsley and co..

Potterball appears to be more his kind of game so I hope he is back sooner rather than later for us and for him. If he finds his England form over the next 4 or 5 rounds with the type of footy we are playing at the moment expect to see plenty of trys from him.

EL Hefe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its Not Thommos fault the Andeson paid stupid money for him.
Think of the dollars some of the other players who could not get a contract elsewhere were being paid at the time.

Scarily there are far worse cases.

Canberra signing smelliot on stupid money
Knights signing Chloe's Gimp on stupid money
But the Anderson clan were meant to Make Bulldogs Great Again

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
But the Anderson clan were meant to Make Bulldogs Great Again
Glass half full, they did. They hired the worst first grade coach ever appointed at the Bulldogs as well as some of the most hopeless of recruitments which eventually lead to Gus seeing an oppitunity to come back and save us.

Its still a long long road to being the powerhouse we once were, but we are at the very least headed back up.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
So true. What a fucking joke and fuck up that mob where. So glad they gone. Disgraceful. Any idiot would know only gotta look at what Lynne did at titans. Nothing good.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Eh? TK bi-polar? Impossible :-).
If he plays well of course we will get behind him. If he continues with his previous form than it is only normal for TK to call out the performance of our highest paid player.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
If he plays well of course we will get behind him. If he continues with his previous form than it is only normal for TK to call out the performance of our highest paid player.
I believe he, like the rest of the team have shown, will be night and day vs they were under Barrett.

He can’t help bad injury luck and got dudded in a suspension last year too. His salary is not his fault - he was offered it and anyone would take it in the same position. I hope he kills it and is with us in ‘23.

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
Don’t think too much you might hurt yourself
The Day the Dopes Came Over
by Steve Martin

I was sitting at home, peeking through the blinds at my neighbour's wife, minding my own business, when my doorbell rang. "Who's there?" I shouted. "We don't know," came the reply. I immediately knew the dopes had come over.

I opened the door and invited them in. I was happy to have company even if they were a bunch of dopes.

"Well, what brings you over this way?" I queried.

"Yup."

"Yup."

"Yup."

"Yup," they said.

"Would you like some coffee?" I asked.

"Gol," said one dope, "how long have we been here?"

"About two minutes."

"Gol, we should have left hours ago!" And they packed up some of my things and lumbered out.

"Goodbye, Dopes!" I shouted.

They turned to me and shouted back, "Goodbye, you big f**kin' idiot!

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They hired the worst first grade coach ever appointed at the Bulldogs
If not the NRL. Has there been a coach as bad as Baz at any other NRL club in the last 20 years?
We had Burton and JAC in the side and couldn't score 100 points in 10 games. Now we hit that in 4 games

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If not the NRL. Has there been a coach as bad as Baz at any other NRL club in the last 20 years?
We had Burton and JAC in the side and couldn't score 100 points in 10 games. Now we hit that in 4 games
If your cut off is twenty years then Fittler just scrapes in at the Roosters. I can't think of any others.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Club need to come out and explain what the hell is going on with Thompson.

I understand his mother was unwell, but he's back in Australia now (has been several weeks), and yet still not playing.

If his concussion is that bad, medically retire him.
Exactly mate, IMHO the club is still trying to look good for the RL community, but we can't keep doing it forever.