Rumour Pat Young

stingray

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Know the guy. For all the jokes said, he the hardest runner in that Joeys 1sts team. Ball play as well. Very very good prospect very highly rated. Honestly thought he would’ve gone to union
What team is that?

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I reckon you're talking about Jacob Preston. Gus mentioned that we had signed him a couple of months ago.
Yeah we got Preston but old mate is also talking about Jack Stringer who we’ve apparently signed from Roosters Flegg aswell.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah we got Preston but old mate is also talking about Jack Stringer who we’ve apparently signed from Roosters Flegg aswell.
Read earlier this year that both Preston n stringer were signed by the dogs. Preston top 30 but not sure whether stringer was development contract, second tier or top 30.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was talking to a couple of The Central Coast Roosters boys this arvo, and apparently we have signed or are close to signing Paul Stringer's son (prop) and another whos name escapes me but was described as being hard as nails and slightly mad (second row / prop ).

They mentioned that Gus had been snooping around.
Zac is the player whose name i couldn't recall.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some of the roosters fans who keep a close eye on their club’s junior ditty said Jack Stringer is a done deal at the dogs
The boys who told me seemed pretty certain of it.

Gus at the very least was talking to him.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He's playing lock for the Roosters this weekend with the other 2 boys.
Will be good to have a group of 3 of them from the same club in our mix hopefully at least one can kick on, have only seen a bit of Preston who scored last week against us and also watched the highlights reel of Montgomery who looks a likely type.

racin jason

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I seem to be missing something. Who played lock in Harold Matts?

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like Jack Stringer is a done deal...

From wwos:

DOGS SNAP UP RISING ROOSTER

The Bulldogs have continued their impressive build-up for 2023 by signing promising Sydney Roosters backrower Jack Stringer for next season.

A 20-year-old forward, Stringer was a standout for the Roosters in the Jersey Flegg Cup this season.

The kid has the right bloodlines too - his dad Paul was a handy prop who played nearly 150 top grade games for North Sydney, the Northern Eagles, South Sydney and Parramatta from 1997 to 2006.

"Jack is a great kid and we are very excited about him," Bulldogs supremo Phil Gould told Wide World of Sports.

"We really like his energy and toughness and his pathway at the Roosters was probably more limited than what we can offer him."