News Flanagan opens up on Potter’s influence at Bulldogs as coaching call looms

Wally D

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I’ve been one of Flannagan’s harshest critics, but I think if he keeps playing well, we keep him but on minimum wage. We don’t need him to kick. We have the best kicker in the game as our 6. The less Flanagan kicks, the more Burton does. His defence is good and he will improve like JMK has.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's been 42 years since the "real" entertainers.
They were very entertaining but they did make a lot of mistakes. For their time they were great & the reason I became a Doggies supporter. The 2012 team were better in attack without a lot of the mistakes.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lots of criticism about his kicking game. Some of it warranted. However, the bigger problem for Flanagan, is that Burton
has absolutely assumed the right to be the kicker. And he is doing a masterful job of it.
So the inclination for Flanagan to kick is diluted, because of the presence of Burton.

hoody06

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I’ve been one of Flannagan’s harshest critics, but I think if he keeps playing well, we keep him but on minimum wage. We don’t need him to kick. We have the best kicker in the game as our 6. The less Flanagan kicks, the more Burton does. His defence is good and he will improve like JMK has.
Which starting 7 do you know that is on minimum wage?

KRDG

Waterboy
Reaction score
Flanagan is worth so much to the bulldogs now, in that he is a reliable halfback on not much coin. Yes he will have his detractors and some of it is warranted, but he has been playing well and in lieu of anyone better to replace him he is 7 for the next couple of seasons at least. Nobody can argue that he has his deficiencies but on a small wage we will have to accept them

Die For The Badge

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Potter is the coach Flanagan needed. His defence has been amazing. Can still offer more in attack and it will come overtime. Dont forget he never had the whole season in this position due to av taking his spot while Trent was here.

KRDG

Waterboy
Reaction score
Potter is the coach Flanagan needed. His defence has been amazing. Can still offer more in attack and it will come overtime. Dont forget he never had the whole season in this position due to av taking his spot while Trent was here.
Yeah well said man. I don’t understand how he is so tenacious in defence but doesn’t attack the line. That seems to be an intrinsic part of his game and not something I’m sure any coach can improve. Other than that he is coming on solid. Happy for the guy to be in a good place. Such a good vibe around the club now.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I gather you mean earned. In that case you are probably in debt to the club to the tune of $800,000, so you can pay that off by playing for us for free for the next 4 years.
Owe the club money? Lol where do you get such crazy ideas? I’m headin’ to upgrade city, baby.

And don’t be a predictive text narc. I have COVID head fog right now. You got what I was trying to say.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why are people's standards so low? Most of the top teams have 2 gun halves and yet Dogs fans are happy to settle for a plodder in the 7 jersey.
We're never going to be able to win a premiership unless we have a creative half who can take the pressure off Burton.
Unless we have a gun half coming through the junior ranks, I hope the Moses rumour is true....then we'd finally have a gun spine

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Best defensive halfback in the game. I'm happy to keep him long term as his attack can only keep improving albeit slowly.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Flanagan is worth so much to the bulldogs now, in that he is a reliable halfback on not much coin. Yes he will have his detractors and some of it is warranted, but he has been playing well and in lieu of anyone better to replace him he is 7 for the next couple of seasons at least. Nobody can argue that he has his deficiencies but on a small wage we will have to accept them
That's it. Flangaun hasn't been winning us games, but he's not the reason we would be losing either. He's been making his tackles and his effort of the ball is excellent. He will keep improving.

Cheng

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Please stop throwing dummies when the team is spreading the ball wide and stepping back on inside to get tackled! It’s annoying
Again with the whining ****

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The guy averages 1 kick and 1 run a game. We can sometimes go a whole half before we even remember he's out there on the field.

He's just riding the wave looking better than he is thanks to Burton - and he knows it. He's shown nothing to make me consider extending him beyond his current contract.

I'm actually upset someone like Bailey Biondi-Odo isn't in there at the moment playing 7. We'd be running even better and his development would excel times a million as a result.

Cheng

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The guy averages 1 kick and 1 run a game. We can sometimes go a whole half before we even remember he's out there on the field.

He's just riding the wave looking better than he is thanks to Burton - and he knows it. He's shown nothing to make me consider extending him beyond his current contract.

I'm actually upset someone like Bailey Biondi-Odo isn't in there at the moment playing 7. We'd be running even better and his development would excel times a million as a result.
BBO is utter trash

Get over it you sulking hater