Official Gus on Twitter

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He has a years experience at fullback in SG ball and a couple games in the NRL yet you're complaining about him not nailing the basics when players with far more experience still aren't? No one was expecting him to be nailing everything but he's actually doing quite well in many areas and improving each game despite you claiming he has been bad.

He was always going to make mistakes and I'm sure everyone at the club expected him to, what I'm not sure about is why you're just focusing on that when there's more positives. He didn't drop a single ball against the Sharks in awful conditions, is scoring a try a game, is coming up with some nice plays, etc. Point is he has shown enough to earn a full preseason in the role, a preseason where he will work on fullback play more than he ever has and hopefully continue to make improvements.
Ben Barba had huge problems under the high ball in 2011 and also in defence. Yep he scored shitloads of tries but he also let plenty in.

A good off season with a decent coach and he became elite. I am not saying Jake will get to that level but he has the ability to be our long term fullback.

And as a local junior he is likely to stay for unders.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Lately. LOL
He is TK version of Paul Kent
We were playing like shit, wtf the fuck you want me to be positive about? Positive that we suck? I'm actually super positive, I'm literally being positive here and you guys are still claiming I'm negative. TK is weird.

Apex Cedar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We were playing like shit, wtf the fuck you want me to be positive about? Positive that we suck? I'm actually super positive, I'm literally being positive here and you guys are still claiming I'm negative. TK is weird.
These guys are like AFTV clear agendas lol

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah agreed but that's what I am saying. People need to stop making the excuse of covid, he is not a good fullback at the moment. Will he improve? Hopefully, but right now he does not do the basics well.

I think Cowboys will be a huge test and I hope he delivers.
I do a physical job, and it took me weeks to feel normal again after covid, so im certain Averilo was struggling because of it too! Fullbacks cover way more ground in a game, and the more energy used, the more fatigue, and more mistakes. Pretty basic really. Not sure why you cant get your head around it being a factor.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Last week was the best game he has played for the club... Still reckon he is shit until he can start game managing with his kicking.
Ur takes are very bad…