Opinion 2023 Squad

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don’t get what everyone has against Schoupp, please explain
My issue with schoupp, only minor, is his tendency to be more concerned with himself than the good of the team. He can play, no doubt, aggressive and effective with n without the ball.

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If Kyle plays 7, he needs to hit the weights and put on a bit of size over the off season.. I don’t think he’s broken a tackle all year

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The possible squad for 2023
1 Averillo.......................Toia
2 Kiraz............................Skelton
3 Allan............................Alamoti
4 Burns...........................Schoupp
5 JAC...............................Casey
6 Burton.........................Hayward
7 Flanagan.....................BBO
8 TPJ.................................Suemanufagai / Pele
9 Mahoney....................Cook / Docker Clay
10 King.............................Patolo
11 Kikau...........................Topine / Davey
12 Jackson.......................RFM / Hoffman
13 Thompson.................Sutton / Edwards
** There will be few pleasant surprises from the young brigade especially from the young forwards.
** I know it's far fetched but if Thompson departs would the Haas or Papalii rumours become a possibility ?

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The possible squad for 2023
1 Averillo.......................Toia
2 Kiraz............................Skelton
3 Allan............................Alamoti
4 Burns...........................Schoupp
5 JAC...............................Casey
6 Burton.........................Hayward
7 Flanagan.....................BBO
8 TPJ.................................Suemanufagai / Pele
9 Mahoney....................Cook / Docker Clay
10 King..............................Patolo
11 Kikau............................Topine / Davey
12 Jackson........................RFM / Hoffman
13 Thompson..................Sutton / Edwards
** There will be few pleasant surprises from the young brigade especially from the young forwards.
** I know it's far fetched but if Thompson departs would the Haas or Papalii rumours become a possibility ?
Ill neck myself if Allan starts over Skelton, Alamoti or Schoupp

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ill neck myself if Allan starts over Skelton, Alamoti or Schoupp
I've picked Allan purely because of his experience, he isn't a Manu but didn't play SOO because of his pretty face. Skelton and Alamoti needs time and Schoupp's attacking game offers little, I've mentioned previously in good time Skelton and Alamoti have the potential to become our X factor centres.

Last edited:

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've picked Allan purely because of his experience, he isn't a Manu but didn't play SOO because of his pretty face. Skelton and Alamoti needs time and Schoupp's attacking game offers little, I've mentioned previously in good time Skelton and Alamoti have the potential to become our X factor centres.
I would really like to see Schoupp in the backrow on the right edge this season when the pressure is not on. Most of our centre options could transition into the back row but Schoupp could be fast tracked. Love the way he plays. But he looks much more a back rower than a centre to me.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Discussing Allan and invoking Manu

L

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kiraz is a much better centre than winger though, he does far more with early ball than any of our other backs. He's just on the wing now because every other option is hopeless.
agreed... although Kiraz can be a little too selfish when attacking and ignoring his winger

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
If Kyle plays 7, he needs to hit the weights and put on a bit of size over the off season.. I don’t think he’s broken a tackle all year
thats nothing to do with size, thats because he is slow as a turtle

Apex Cedar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
thats nothing to do with size, thats because he is slow as a turtle
Isn’t an athlete is he young Kyle. No strength, no speed, no agility. Can’t even put hang time on a kick. All of this and people still rate him. Send him down to under 23s/ A grade and I’ll ruff him up.

The Dog House

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Can't see Joash Papalii in the top 30 next year, the guy is still playing SG ball/Flegg.
Alamoti was playing SG Ball in 2021 and was upgraded to a top 30 first grade contract this year. Papalii would probably be our only backup fullback option (i rate him more than toia) other than allan, and he got our SG Ball player of the season. Understand if people don’t want to select him, but I wouldn’t mind it at all

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Alamoti was playing SG Ball in 2021 and was upgraded to a top 30 first grade contract this year. Papalii would probably be our only backup fullback option (i rate him more than toia) other than allan, and he got our SG Ball player of the season. Understand if people don’t want to select him, but I wouldn’t mind it at all
Is he actually a fullback? Swear i've seen him named at hooker before but his highlights all seemed to be at fullback.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Is he actually a fullback? Swear i've seen him named at hooker before but his highlights all seemed to be at fullback.
He can play hooker aswell. Best position is fullback though

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He can play hooker aswell. Best position is fullback though
True, has he played 5/8 too? Looks like could. Could probably play a few positions with that footwork and agility so it will be interesting to see where he ends up. What's his pace like? From the highlights it looks like he covers short distances really well but didn't look to have too much in terms of top speed.

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does the squad look light on for halves assuming wakeham gone leaves burton, bbo and the flange. Only one of them genuine nrl standard at the moment. If burton goes down we are in trouble.

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also rate him highly, I think Averillo is only keeping the seat warm for him. However I just don't think we should waste a top 30 spot on him next year if he's not ready to play first grade just yet.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Does the squad look light on for halves assuming wakeham gone leaves burton, bbo and the flange. Only one of them genuine nrl standard at the moment. If burton goes down we are in trouble.
I dare say Hayward and Rajab will feature more in nsw cup next year to cover wakeham