Opinion Luke Thompson

Big Dawg

Waterboy
Reaction score
Gee we love crapping on this bloke don't we.

Who's to say he won't turn into a player worth his contract under new coaching? Mick Potter has turned JMK into a first grade standard player, stands to reason he could turn a bloke with actual talent into an out and out star

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Who's to say he won't turn into a player worth his contract under new coaching? Mick Potter has turned JMK into a first grade standard player, stands to reason he could turn a bloke with actual talent into an out and out star
LOL he'd have to get on the field for anyone to see that though wouldn't he ...

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Absolutely ridiculous some people are passing judgment on Luke without knowing all the details.
I don’t expect our management to talk about his mum or his lingering concussion which is no joke.
Thats pretty much what I am referring to, as there is virtually silence.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactly. People get too caught up blaming coaches, boards, trainers etc. At the end of the day we all want Luke fit and playing well for us.

I find it amusing some want to act like mother hen all caring & loving then say it’s a “bad look” that he isn’t playing. Talk about fake. I see the post has now been edited.

I personally don’t want to see a young bloke rush back before he’s ready & end up like (insert current or ex-player suffering from CTE or similar)

I do agree with some that he hasn’t been played to his strengths but our team has also been decimated with injuries as well as lacking size & experience
We have a band of supporters harping on about his wage from day one.
The team has been a basket case up until recent times but somehow Luke stands out.

I really hope we see the best of Luke on return.

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Not me i like him

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That’s right mate and then sucking up to him in the next post. I feel very sorry for the bloke and just can’t imagine being on the other side of the world if that was my mum
Like you said people changing their tune every ten minutes about the bloke.
I can tell you first hand the amount of stress having a parent not well is consuming in particular when you can’t even see them.
There is a bit more to life than just footy.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Like you said people changing their tune every ten minutes about the bloke.
I can tell you first hand the amount of stress having a parent not well is consuming in particular when you can’t even see them.
There is a bit more to life than just footy.
Sorry to hear mate. That would be very tough.

I’ve personally never seen Thompson’s paycheck either and it’s not like he’s kicking stones and not having a go when his health allows him to be on the field. People might forget about his injury woes as with RFM

Malla

Reaction score
Irrelevant, he was getting paid while he was in the UK.

If so then why is he training, hard?

Always a Bulldog
Lol he’s training so he keeps getting paid and he had approved leave. It’s common. He’s gone mate

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yes because it's 1972 and we have no idea what a concussion is.

He'll be back when he's back. They're not going to offload him because the man on the internet is upset he's injured.
Oh please, the guys earning near $20k a week and is a key figure in our team, so if he is going to continuously miss half the season then people are going to question his inclusion in our team.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
It is what it is.

The situation is what Luke, Potter, Gus and the Club are dealing with as best as possible.

We can have opinions but no one really knows and fans just have to deal with it.

@Actros maybe can give us an update if he feels so inclined and is able to.

There's heaps of us who have been thanked by him for our sensible and caring messages to Luke which he says he has passed on so Luke knows he is a Bulldog.

The team will be stronger if?/when? he plays again for us.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Hopefully doctor signs him off and he’s back next week and also his mum is still with us for when he comes back here in October
Posted just as you replied. Thanks mate :grinning:

Actros

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Oh please, the guys earning near $20k a week and is a key figure in our team, so if he is going to continuously miss half the season then people are going to question his inclusion in our team.
$20k a week don’t flatter yourself, do you think Luke is interested in how much money he is earning, let me tell you it’s the last thing on his mind !, hopefully he gets signed off this week to play, then he will prove his value

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What I don't understand is why some in here continue to bang on about Thompson "chewing up cap space". Firstly the bloke has a contract and due to unfortunate circumstances cannot meet his obligations. How would you feel if you got sick at work and had to take extended leave only to have your collegues all bitching behind your back saying management should cut you loose because you are chewing up wages.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
$20k a week don’t flatter yourself, do you think Luke is interested in how much money he is earning, let me tell you it’s the last thing on his mind !, hopefully he gets signed off this week to play, then he will prove his value
Hope so mate. Good wishes and health to Mrs Thommo